• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    (Depends if Hides is destroying... Achilles will kill him hopefully. cause JBar wanted to join the knives.)

Hides smiled at the woman, and laughed.

"To join a stranger. No you fight to earn your right to join the Queen of this Underworld. But I digress."

Hides juggled his two blades, his oddly wide smile reached the widest smile posible. His razor thin teeth where shining like the poison on his blades. He nodded and his Knives, no Stilletto's Knives moved everyone out of the way.

"Hope you can handle an old man without your magic."

Hides rushed forward catching both knives behind his back. A pair of slices, that for Hides where slow, to test this girl. Armor is for those to scared of the chance of getting hit, Hides thought as one of his daggers screeched across the woman's breastplate. A boot to the center of her chest separated the duelists again.

"Come on! Fight! ME!" Hides wanted his final battle to be worthy of song. This girl was so slow though.

Wolfie

She eyed him darkly, wielding her one sword, and suddenly, in surprise, the quiet thief - uneasy as she was by Hides's grin - gave the old man a devilish smile, her eyes flashing. She lowered quickly and slashed at his knees - no pun necessary - and straightened again. I need a shield. I'm beginning to wonder why I never fought with one. Arr! Shields are for cowards. I am not going to die. Not here, not now, and now by this dangerous old fool. She slid the sword back towards herself, slicing diagonally at his right arm. She felt that she should say something, but decided that, if possible, she would try to infuriate him with her silence.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    "HAHAHAHA!"

Hides has truly fallen into madness, Razor thought. Hides was dogding her sword letting obvious openings pass. Razor winced when he saw the woman use a blow Razor had favored before. Hides had broke Razor's shoulder when he countered it. Razor watched the woman smile back, and he shook his head. He continued to watch anyway, he never really saw Hides fight since his recruitment.

"To slow girl," Hides said as his cut the woman's wrist. The poison was not paralysis, but damage. The woman screamed and almost dropped her blade. Hides wondered was she a thief or an assassin. Another clumsy blow, even for a soldier. Ah so a thief, Hides laughed mentally. Hides caught the woman's sword arm and punched her in the throat multiple times. Stabbing his knives into either side of her shoulders, Hides released the woman and drew two more daggers. The woman collapsed, gasping breathes escaping her smashed windpipe.

"Scalpel keep her from dying. Who will face me next? Who is the great warrior among you?"

Wolfie

Furious, Labrys tired to get back to her feet, then winced and, her chest rising and falling heavily, sat down against the wall. When Scalpel came towards her, her eyes sharpened. She looked at him directly with her odd, disorienting eyes as if studying him, then focused on her breathing and looked up at her small group. Slit on the wrist ... hurts to breathe ... shoulders burn ... she should wearily. No wonder I'm a retired assassin. If I live through this, I'll have to reignite my sword training. If only I had my bow ... An idea came to her. A very dirty idea. It fit the situation rather nicely. She raised her eyes to examine the rest of the room. If I had my bow ... It took her an alarming second to realize that her vision was blurring. She lowered her gaze and, feeling like she had given a child's fight, closed her eyes gently.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    Hides stood there two fresh blades in his hands. He watched Scalpel remove the daggers he left sticking into the woman's shoulders. Who here can kill me? Hides thought as he scanned the group. Brynjolf and Dar' Arjo couldn't even touch him. The other one dressed like the guard maybe? Hides sighed, and pondered if he would he have to die to his old comrades. Razor hasn't sworn fealty. Hides cursed and wondered if he had grown to good at what he does.

JBar2531

"I will." Achilles said to Hides. He wasnt sure if he could win, but watching Labrys get beaten both infuriated and worried Achilles . If Hides could beat Labrys, an Imperial soldier, could I even come close? Achilles thought to himself. Pushing aside his fear, he adjusted his armor, and waited for Hides reply.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    Hides looked at the boy who had stepped forward. He laughed, and readied his daggers.

"Hope you are ready boy..." Hides smiled this one looked a little angry about his treatment of his lady friend. Hides started twirling his knives around his fingers. This one I wonder, Hides thought. He strode forward, wanting to see what the boy could do.

JBar2531

Hides moved forward, seemingly waiting for Achilles to strike first. "Im ready, but are you? You seem kinda sick." Achilles wasnt sure if he should attempt to kill a sickand dying man, but he had seen what he did to Labrys. So Achilles then lunged towards Hides, Riptide connecting with Hides chest...

Wolfie

Labrys watched, her face flushed. She felt and seemed to be holding in her breath, unable to tear her eyes away. If Achilles somehow fell ... her stomach broiled at the concept. Undertone, she said softly to the one tending to her voiced in a constricted, broken but live-with-fire tone, "Your former leader is far gone insane. Why ... how can you put up with him? He is surely not who he used to be; even I as an outsider am not so blind as to not notice that."

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    Hides turned from the blade at the last second, and he dropped into a crouch his dagger slashing towards the boy's thigh.

Scalpel turned to the young woman.

"He let you live. No Hides has control."

Scalpel turned to see his friend of just under twenty years fight the younger fresher soldier.

"Funny how they look so even. Be thankful you didn't have to face Hides in his prime."

Wolfie

"I have to admit, I've never seen Achilles fight." She chuckled dryly. "But does it truly matter? He might've killed me anyways. The only one who'll live is the one who kills Hides." She growled softly as she continued softly, "And he will fall. I don't understand, though. He's past crazy. How can you stand it now? It seems to me that you Knives don't seem to be touching the true sense." She felt a slight rise in energy. She conserved it inside herself and looked away from the fighting, at Scalpel again.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    Scalpel smiled at the Breton woman. He had the eyes of a kind grandfather, which was likely suprising given the company he keeps.

"You say you don't understand. I have called him friend and brother for about twenty years now. I have just come to understand it. You spoke of honor before I believe. Are we not honorable allowing our father and our brother his final wish?"

Scalpel put his hand on her forhead, motioning her to rest. In a world of black and white and gray, Scalpel thought. If we are orange and blue where do we lay? He looked towards Hides furious duel with the boy.

Hides disengaged again out of breath. This boy is quite good, Hides thought his smile weakened from his exertion. Hides stood tall he needed to be strong. Then he suddenly colapsed onto the ground, coughing furiously.

"Father!" Stilletto started forward.

"Get back... I will finish this..." Hides pausing form a violent coughing fit. The boy just watched him as he started retching.

"What's wrong am I so fearsome?"

Wolfie

Labrys sighed. She couldn't argue with him, really. Hides wasn't a good being in her mind, but she could see why Scalpel had stayed with him. She closed her eyes despite the retching sounds coming from Hides. Scalpel's hand felt cool and almost relieving against her head. It took her a second to realize that her skin was beginning to burn up a little. How pleasant, she thought, nearly amused. A few moments earlier I was fighting a dying man and dreaming of piercing his heart with an arrow, but now I fall back like a feverish child giving heart to her grandfather's cool touch. Usual I'd have a knife at his throat, but this ... what is becoming of me? I'm still quite young for most warriors yet I succumb to a stranger's kindness? Resting her head against the wall, she tilted her head slightly upwards. Shor guide me. Her mind had altered slightly at the lesser oxygen filtering into her lungs due to her smashed windpipe. She knew her body was failing, but yet the only thing she truly cared about was Achilles. Shor guide him.

Snoball

23rd President of the United States of America
    (Holy guacamole.... my non-existent alerts :mad:)

BYNJOLF:

Bryn followed the Khajiit until coming across the group and of course, Jacoby. Not a word was spoken between the two, but the dead silence from the two exemplified the incredible tension, more so than any word could ever accomplish. Right now, the only favorable decision in Brynjolf's head was was slicing off Jacoby's from his shoulders, but the amount of people there at the moment would certainly make Bryn look like the bad guy. Luckily, Jacoby had no idea Bryn planned on turning on him, but sure enough, he also planned to betray him after the mission had been carried out.

He wanted to stick behind, but the promise he made to the man who helped him out was the only thing that obligated him to tag along. The whole time, his eyes were locked on the "supposed" traitor. "So this is your game, huh? Hide behind your pals to prolong your own demise? No matter, lad. The moment you blink is the moment your head rolls across to the floor."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JACOBY:

With the addition of his "partner", Jacoby took the driest gulp, and remained unshaken. He could care less about some petty rivalry, the group was already behind, they had to move. After following the group and finding their way to the crown, the appearance of Hides and his Knives had startled Bryn, but for some strange reason, brought a sadistic grin to Jacoby's face, like watching a movie, knowing that your favorite part is about unfold.

After the heated words exchanged by each party, Hides had allowed the group the chance to fight, with the open spot at his daughter's side as the prize. In a valiant move, both Labrys and Achilles were swift to challenge the rogue group... Jacoby, not so much. If not willing to fight by his partners' side wasn't the least noble move on his part, perhaps the fact that he was willing to bet on the winners could contend for that title.

"Come on Achilles! Let's go Labrys! I've got all the septims in my left boot riding on these fights!" As soon as he saw them struggle, he wasn't exactly quick to go to their aid. "BOOO! Certainly you could put a better fight than that! My grandmother can put up a better fight... and I robbed her grave years ago!"

Bryn had a look of horrified disgust written across this face (and no, not due to the grandma comment, though that would be understandable). "How could a man wager on his own accomplices' lives so easily? They're risking their lives defending the Guild's honor while that scumbag sits back and boos them." It was clear now, Mr. Pneulon was a disgrace to the uniform he once felt wearing was beneath him. Bryn was ready to help the loyal guild mates he only met a few minutes ago, Jacoby was ready to throw food at them if they lost.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    Hides had stopped smiling, he was to tired to smile. This boy may very well be my equal, Hides was exstatic. He felt his lungs on fire, but he had to finish the fight. Hides charged his foe, and suddenly started coughing his momentum taking him forward as Achilles blade slipped through his defenses. By Sithis that burns, Hides thought as he latched himself to his slayer.

"Defend her with your life. That is all I ask. Or by Sithis I will return from the Void to end you," Hides whispered into Achilles ear. Hides fell to the ground in an uncerimonial heep. Razor bowed his head, Cleaver knelt to his fallen comrade, Scalpel gave the last rites, while Stilletto broke into tears.

"FATHER!" Achilles took a step back as Stilletto cradled her fathers body. Each of the Knives looked at the others. As if they were intruders in this "Family moment." Stilletto stood tears down her face. Everyone had the same thought, What happens now?

JBar2531

"Defend her with your life. That is all I ask. Or by Sithis I will return from the Void to end you,"

These words repeated themselves in Achilles thoughts as Stilletto cried, holding the dead body of Hides. When Stilletto stood, Achilles felt he had to say something, but he wasnt sure what to say. He wanted to see if Labrys was ok, but this was not the moment. "Stilletto, I didnt want to kill him. I had no choice. He was sick, and still a great fighter. Im just happy I didnt have to fight him when he was healthy, because I would be dead." Achilles looked at the floor waiting for Stilletto and her followers to try to kill him.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    "Shhh. My new brother I am afraid now is not the time for apologizing."

Scalpel handed Achilles a piece of paper. Only one word and a pickture was on the note. Longsword. Stilletto sat there cradling her father's body. Her mind was distant, she stood up. Cleaver picked up Hides and slung him over his shoulder.

"I am the Queen of Knives. This is my crown. Who will challenge my claim?"

JBar2531

Achilles was hoping no one would chalenge her claim. He was half expecting Jacoby to try and get the crown back, but he was silent for the moment. He also wasnt sure who he should follow out of here. He was now a knive, but Labrys brought him into this. Maybe I can convince Labrys to follow us as I now know must follow Stilletto out of here. Im not sure if Hides can come back from the void, but I dont want to find out.

(OCC: Sorry if its a bit drastic, I just had to think of something a bit unexpected to shake things up a little bit.)

Dar’arjo smiled to himself, the final moment of Hides death replaying in his mind as he watched Stilletto state her claim as queen. “I’m sorry to interject, but you guys seem to have forgotten that we all have a guild to serve and that this crown is our objective.” Said Dar’arjo, pointing towards the jagged crown on top of Sillettos head. “So once you thieves all remember your place in society and stop making up imaginary “Kings” and “Queens”, I hope someone will get an actual theft done here.” With this, the Khajiit walked slowly up to Stilletto, his torch in hand, and kneeled down to the floor, pretending to kiss the ground beneath her.

“Maybe Hides did make a good choice for his heir to these...Knives” Said Dar’arjo, slipping a small bottle from his robes that was filled a dark liquid substance and started squeezing it tight with all the strength he possessed.” You might make a good queen after all Stilletto…in Oblivion that is!” And with these words, Dar’arjo broke the phial in his hand into a shower of glass and oil that sprayed all over the aged wooden floor of the palace. Standing up quickly, the finally satisfied Khajiit threw his torch to the ground, igniting the oil in flames. “Enjoy the heat thieves!” Shouted Dar’arjo, snatching the jagged crown from the surprised head of Stilletto and sprinting towards the nearest window, flinging himself away from the Blue Palace, and hurtling towards the earth.