Xbox 360 The Forsworn Conspiracy (unseen glitch?)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Varra

When I went into Markarth, I received the note as in the beginning of the quest of The Foresworn Conspiracy. Putting the quest aside, I went on a very large pickpocketing/stealing raid. During this I stole Nepo's Journal and Thonar's Journal. Many quest later I have come to finally rid my inventory of the books by attempting to do the quest.

I put the quest as my marker and set to meet Eltry (as the note said.) I go into the temple of Talos. Three guards have killed him, blame me (I never got to receive any information from Eltry.) This is where things really start to get strange, regardless of if I kill the guards first and submit (,and reguardless of where in Markarth I submit,) when I ask them to take me to prison the game freezes.

It's been far too long for me to undo my pickpocketing of the books, but I can go back and never walk into the Temple of Talos. Am I to forever avoid the Temple of Talos in Markarth and have these books forever in my inventory? Or is there a way I may fix this web I have tangled myself into?

Jei El

We will be avenged.
What version is your skyrim?

Varra

The latest up-to-date on Xbox.

But I found the fix. Had to figure it out myself (but thanks to the advice of everyone else too!) I went to the Warrens and took the note from one of the chest there. It updated the quest and sent me to Nepo. Nepo and everyone attempted to kill me, so I killed them. After that I attempted to go to the Temple of Talos, in which the quest continued as it should have.
I'll leave this post up for anyone whom might run into the same problem ;)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts