The first rule everyone breaks

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Mauli

Actual Alchemist

Newb Master

So there I am panting after a huge and epic late night battle against a bunch of floating ice ball things outside the mage college. Lucky to be alive I'm thinking, I was so in over my head I'm thinking, why oh why didn't I train I'm thinking. Then one of my mage battle companions whips out his hands to cast a spell at me! I'm thinking, but instead, he resurrects a poor dead chicken lying at my feet who was clearly snuffed during the battle. He then tucks tail and runs before the townsfolk start waking up. I stand and marvel at the bluish undead bird, he resurrected it and ran away????? I'm thinking. Then poof !! It shatters into ash. Oh hell, I realize, it's just me and the evidence. I grab the breast and bolt as well.

For I too once killed a chicken............. yesterday.

Soloquendi

Pastor of Muppets
Not surprising really. When I was a kid, we were very poor and depended on our chickens and cows for food. If someone had killed any of our animals, I would have shot them. No hesitation. No regrets.

Bad-People

Supreme Overlord of the Barbarian Tribe of Hothor
Have not killed any chickens nor any rabbits (for fear of the rabbit gods)

I must admit I have done this, but it was by no means the first rule I broke. I just wanted some chicken.

Kairee Blackblade

Premium Member
Bought house in Riften. Harvested garden. Killed chickens in garden. Went into Honeyside and walked over to cooking pot to make dinner. Got attacked by lunatic housecarl. Killed her while defending myself, reloaded game, left those damned birds alone!

Bad-People

Supreme Overlord of the Barbarian Tribe of Hothor
I think the SECOND rule everyone breaks is walking up to a giant as a noob to check it out. And moments later getting launched 35 feet in the air.

I actually never did this, I'm usually very wary of any large enemy early on so I've never been killed by a giant.

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
My first crime was murder, but I'd easily get off with manslaughter 2 in a Skyrim court.

"Here I was, swinging my Warhammer one day, minding my own business and then BAM this woman popped out of no where and head butted my Warhammer. I swear that's what happened Jarl!"

Nah, just plead guilty. They only lock you up for a week anyway.

---

My first Skyrim crime was actually trespassing onto the Sarethi farm on the way to High Hrothgar. Because of the way crime works, this also resulted in my first trip to Riften.

Morgan

Nah, just plead guilty. They only lock you up for a week anyway.

Seriously. For a place where every guard and townsman in the Hold will fight you to the death if you kill a chicken or nick a tankard (by accident!) they are astonishingly cavalier about the punishment for slaughtering that same Holdfull of citizens.

My first Skyrim crime was actually trespassing onto the Sarethi farm on the way to High Hrothgar. Because of the way crime works, this also resulted in my first trip to Riften.

I have taken to using this for my chars that want to alto-start in Riften. I leave the tunnel, head through ruined Helgen, run to Ivarstead (picking up fast travel points for not-yet-Hagravened Orphan Rock and Haemar's Shame), pick a lock in front of a guard and earn a 5 gold trip to Riften. Then, just for fun, I carefully avoid ever going into or out of the north gate, so Maul, Mjoll and Aerin sit there waiting for me 'til the end of time. Haha!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts