The dumbest thing you done in game....

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I tried taking on a couple of giants at once. I am at the point where I can one shot a giant if I am sneaking, but I still managed to mess it up. Whenever facing a nominally stronger enemy my instincts tell me "exploit the botpathing" so the first thing I did was climb on a tall cliffside with the giant circling below. I started taking pot-shots at it with my bound bow. I then remembered a loading screen tip that giants have pet mammoths and always traveled in pairs. I turn around just in time to see another giant and three mammoths charging me, next thing I know I am reenacting the end scene from Portal 2.

Knox

meddling with mammoths and giants, they look friendly enough but apparently using fire breath makes them angry

ThreeDawg

Not being able to find the stairs to high hrothgar, and instead using shadowmere to scale the mountain side from the very south end... Took 30+ minutes and killed shadowmere a few times from the falls.

Dragon Bourne

Long Live Paarthurnax!
Has to be while clearing the Dwarven ruins in Markath, I lost my follower (literally couldn't figure out where I had accidentally told him to wait) and spent over an hour looking for him. What was the solution? Open a new door and voila, there he was. Unfortunately so were 5 Falmer baddies who proceeded to kill us both on the spot several times before I could get quick enough to Th'uum them away and run like hell!

Needless to say, autosave has been turned off.

Dragon Bourne

Long Live Paarthurnax!
This is not so dumb as just plain OCD...

Collecting one of every kind of armor you come across then never wearing them. Hey they look great on the shelf, right?

Cenobitten

In Hell
Accidentally killing Lydia with a critical strike from my mace that beheaded her, then having to reload the dungeon from the beginning cause I hadn't saved....

Garrison

Just today, was passing Valtheim Towers for the umpteenth time, and figured,"hey those bandits are always good for a reasonably decent loot". So I work my way up, one staircase after another, mercilessly dispatching the bandits with my dual daedric swords, meeting no resistance whatsoever. I get to that final outside ladder that leads to that tiny platform in the clouds where the last bandit remains, charge up and unleash my spinning power combo move which misses the bandit entirely and propels me clean over the edge and a looooong way down to the rocks below. I laughed out loud thinking, "just imagine how idiotic I must have looked to that bandit", lol.

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
Dumbest thing I've done is kill a chicken in my very first play through...which got me a bounty and the town uprised against me. I killed half the NPC's in Riverwood before paying off my bounty to a Whiterun Guard. I played half the main quest before I realized I missed some good side quests because I had killed them. That was the end of my first character.

How did you kill them, on level 1???

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
So as the shot is flying through the air, Aela thinks it might be a good idea to run in front of it and pull out her bow. The shot hits her and... she turned into a sweetroll.
Yeah, real Arificial Intelligence.

I've had enough of this crap. The amount of times I've had to reload because of this is ridiculous.

How about this, I'm blasting away at a dragon who just attacked a village, then some Stormcloak tries to attack the dragon with his crappy sword, and gets in the way, next thing i know guards are ignoring the dragon and trying to arrest me. . . LAME

Installing a "No Friendly Fire" mod as soon as i find one.

ZeroDragon

Bring me my broadsword, and clear understanding.
Standing and watching Lydia take a flying lesson courtesy of a giant and not realising there was another giant running at me - I followed Lydia on the next flight.

kirak95197

Writer
Forgot to save before attacking Solitude, especially cause I did Bleak Falls Barrow and fought the damn Frost Troll going up to High Hrothgar.

It made me get off my Assassin and get back on my level 25 Mage...

conchvegas

Aravis, deadly archer
While fighting a Dragon Priest (I'm fairly sure it was Krosis) in front of a word wall. I first kill the dragon. Then face the Priest and he proceeds to pummel me with Fireballs. I run like mad drinking potions. I manage to trick him off the nearest cliff. I then spend 15 minutes looking over the edge of the cliff summoning Flame Atronachs to attack him and shooting at him with Firebolt. I slowly and painstakingly kill him.

I then immediately walk forward off the cliff killing myself ... before saving.
Ooooh, man...

conchvegas

Aravis, deadly archer
Fighting this one bandit chief. I got a couple of good blows in but my health is dropping drastically. So I ran out of the hut to create a little distance and thought, hey why don't I save? Saved, died and upon the reload, I don't even have a chance before the bandit chief dashes out the door and one hits me. That happens over, and over and over again. Finally I had to go back to an earlier save and kill all the bandits all over again.

Niflheimr

First time climbing to High Hrothgar. I wasted an hour and a half and was angry as hell as everytime I try to climb I fail. I even stole a horse to try and climb and failed. Then I reached a moment of pure frustration and left the game to have a snack and googled 'How to go to High Hrothgar' and found it that it's so fluffing simple.
It was one moment were I wished my mother had an abortion. Oh sweet mother, you brought a retard to this world.

Natrilis

Thinking i was so badass that id be able to pickpocket every guard with nightingale armor. Then being caught. Then trying to fight my way out. Then going to jail. Then Killing all who oppose me. Then finding an ancient dragon outside the city. Then stabbing it in the throat. then getting burned beyond recognition. gotta love karma.

Blackst0rm

First time playing I thought it was a good idea to go attack a giant with my steel dagger, I died instant being thrown into the air

Lol, this would also be the dumbest thing Ive done. Except I just ran up to it, and got owned!
*weee flying in the air, boom. dead.*

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
I scored an achievement last night... I was playing around with my new weapon checking out the swinging animations, the different power moves and how you can swing your weapon around , when I swung a bit more wildly and suddenly Aela (beloved follower and wife) came right in front of the screen, into focus, and the decapitation kicked in.... :eek:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts