• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
    I've only joined some time ago and have only played one roleplay, but it slowly came to a halt, so I thought I'd start one up and see where I can take it. Here's a description.
    It is a beast unlike any other. A creature that even dragons and daedra tremble at the mention of. Now, with both Alduin and the Dragonborn busy battling in Sovrngarde, it has returned, and it plans to consume the all of Mundus in its wake.
    Recruiting now. Put in your card and see if you'll be accepted. You probably will.

General rules:
    No overpowering. We aren't going to be having any supersaiyans here.
    Don't control other characters without permission. It's up to them and Rule 1 whether or not they dodged you
    Stick with the story as it goes. you can do what you want, but don't just vear off and stab the necessary NPC's for lulz.
    NPC control shall be limited. You can have the barmaid giggle at your crappy joke, but do not make the bard get up and bunch roleplayer 3 in his nose.
    No flaming OOC. The only way you get to flame is if you're a mage.

Now for the card. Here's what you need:

Name:
    Race(any that can talk. No gurgle grumble races like falmer):
    Age(in their race's years. I don't know nonhumans age):
    Appearance:
    Skills (you can also state class):
    Most used weapon+armor:

All other things are optional, but try to describe your character as much as you can without spoiling it.

I've made a small prologue in order to set the first scene of what shall be going on.

The night is cold on the mountainside and the moons shine down upon the caravan traveling towards Winterhold to trade. A hired guard suddenly stops as a strange and wonderful feeling of warmth comes to him in the form of a breeze. He sighs and lets it blow over his face, but then notices that it’s constantly growing warmer. He looks around and sees the snow melting underneath him and the others. Everyone stops as the path goes from snowy to muddy and look around for the source. The guards ready their weapons and keep their eyes open, then one points towards something headed their way. Its body is huge and seems to be cloaked in fire.
    “Dragon?” someone asks, frightened to death of what may happen.
    “No. That is no dragon. Dragons breathe fire, they do not wear it.”
    The beast continued to come towards them. The guard realized with horror that the warmth they felt was just the heat from its body, yet it was all the way down the mountain and they were halfway up the slope and it already felt like they were standing in front of a furnace.
    “Run! Everyone run!”
    The caravan and its guards began to scatter, but by then it was too late. The guard felt his fur burn up and his insides boil as the beast walked past them. His last sight was the beast’s face as it turned to look at him.
    “Liiv joor! Dovahal loost meyz!”

Phate

you can't see me!
    Phate watched as all this happened...
    no need to get involved with no backup and companion back at honeyside..

(weapon: elven bow with fire (16))
    (armor: light elven with no buffs)
    (high sneak, high bow buff)

phate looks around to see if there is any others watching

Phate

you can't see me!
    with the mayhem abounding, phate knocks one arrow of elven with a major poison dip..
    takes a breath, looking behind for a path out, and aim...
    the arrow shows itself true as an elven alibi, and slices the air towards the priest..

Name:J'Ghasta
    Race: Khajit
    Skills: Unarmed, sneak
    Description: Big, Black fur, he had to fend for himself at a young age and so learned to use his entire body as a weapon. Doesn't wear a shirt, but wears black trousers, no shoes either. He likes to be intimidating.

Will reveal more in Rp

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

with the mayhem abounding, phate knocks one arrow of elven with a major poison dip..
    takes a breath, looking behind for a path out, and aim...
    the arrow shows itself true as an elven alibi, and slices the air towards the priest..
    Um, not sure what you're doing here. I haven't started the official post yet. Here is where we talk OOC and submit your card(s). You need to put in enough info for me to tell who and what you are. You're good though, so I hope you submit something.

Name:J'Ghasta
    Race: Khajit
    Skills: Unarmed, sneak
    Description: Big, Black fur, he had to fend for himself at a young age and so learned to use his entire body as a weapon. Doesn't wear a shirt, but wears black trousers, no shoes either. He likes to be intimidating.

Will reveal more in Rp

Sounds BA! You're accepted. Welcome aboard, Afat.

Want to go ahead and make this clear, as I do like variety in everything. You can play as any 'speaking' race that exists in Tamriel, so long as you keep to the main lore. If you want to be an Ayelid then go ahead, but your character must act like an Ayelid.

Want to go ahead and make this clear, as I do like variety in everything. You can play as any 'speaking' race that exists in Tamriel, so long as you keep to the main lore. If you want to be an Ayelid then go ahead, but your character must act like an Ayelid.
    Aw had I known that I would have been a talking hagraven ;)

Okay, if no one else joins by Monday we will begin then. On Monday evening, the role-play shall begin.

Try posting in the rp recruiting thread

Good idea and done.
    Also, lore-friendly mod races are also allowed. I'm having to allow this for what I have in mind.

Dar'Aava

hey guys hope im not to late to join this sounds fantastic!

Name: Dar'Aava "Nine Lives"

Race:khajit

Archtype: Ex-Shadow Fang assassin

Physical description: Dar'Aava stands at 5"9,large and muscular build. Dar'Aava's coat is a dark grey except a inch of fur around his eyes,twords the botom of his eyes the white fur leads to a point going down to his nose.His facial fetures resemble that of a bobcat with blue eyes,and three claw marks down his left eye.Dar"Aava is most of the time seen wearing armor resembleing the Nightingale armor but without the hood and the right arm is cut off to a littile bit above the elbow.

skill set:Archery,Sneak

hey guys hope im not to late to join this sounds fantastic!

Name: Dar'Aava "Nine Lives"

Race:khajit

Archtype: Ex-Shadow Fang assassin

Physical description: Dar'Aava stands at 6'5,large and muscular build. Dar'Aava's coat is a dark grey except a inch of fur around his eyes,twords the botom of his eyes the white fur leads to a point going down to his nose.His facial fetures resemble that of a bobcat with blue eyes,and three claw marks down his left eye.Dar"Aava is most of the time seen wearing armor resembleing the Nightingale armor but without the hood and the right arm is cut off to a littile bit above the elbow.

skill set:Archery,Sneak
    Quite A large guy for sneaking. You pass! Welcome! We should be beginning Monday. Try to ask any questions you have before then.

Seeing as you two who have joined are khajiits, this may begin as something personal towards you both (the caravan destroyed was entirely khajiit). When we start, try to make it match along with that.

My turn then. This is an unofficial race made in a mod, but it's also lore friendly.

Name: Dunhe
    Race: Enchanted doll
    Skills: A powerful mage, but as he has limited magicka, he uses staves and scrolls more often than not. Prefers the ice magics as he fears catching on fire.
    Appearance: Wooden, made from strong oak with dwarven metal joints. He once used to look almost exactly like a man, but time has worn the features down so that now he looks like a man wearing an execution hood. He stands at 5'3" and has thin arm and legs and wears a mage's cloak and hood.

Dar'Aava

Dar'Aava will take many lives for his fallen Khajit brothers! And yea lol i know hes kinda big but he is Khajit....Khajit is never sneaky,sneaky.

Dar'Aava will take many lives for his fallen Khajit brothers! And yea lol i know hes kinda big but he is Khajit....Khajit is never sneaky,sneaky.
    I think our character will either be best friends or hate each other.