• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Kir the Silent

Until Your Flesh Is Consumed
    This thread pretains to the private roleplay The Darkness of Old. Here we can discuss plot, character interaction, concerns, etc.

Current Members:
    Kir the Silent - Kir the Silent/Daran/The Dark Stranger
    Ilya - Shade
    Atomic Donut - Olaf
    Caravan Guard - Lyle
    Arthur Swift-Sword - Kestrel
    Hermaeus Mora - Harrold

Edit: Atomic Donut and Caravan Guard have joined the rp
    Edit: Arthur Swift-Sword and Hermaeus Mora have joined
    Edit:Uther Pendragon has withdrawn from the rp due to missing a great deal of alerts, as has Deadliest Troll.
    Edit: We are currently accepting ONE applicant to be a possible addition to The Darkness Of Old. Message me if interested.

Rules
    1. No godding (outrageously over powered characters), no killing forum members characters (unless expressly agreed upon by all players involved), or saying so and so robs store of all goods, ruining the experience of other people. No being a Dragonborn either, in public neutral threads in the story of Skyrim they are very rare, thus it would be un-fair to have one person be a Dragonborn and be able to use Shouts so easily.
    2.All posts should be relevant to the RP, except for stuff in Out of Character comments <example> OOC: I need to go to sleep now, my character will just go along with whatever you guys decide. Every Story should set up a separate OOC thread for comments for non-partisipants and larger story discussion.
    3. The RP thread will be monitored by Kir the Silent who will also solve any disputes or arguments, and is in charge of asking people to change posts as well as advancing the main plot.
    4. You may make NPCs if the situation arises. Ex.
    Innkeeper: Hello, traveler! Would you like a drink?
    Hero: Yes, that'd be nice.
    Innkeeper: Wonderful, that'll be 3 septims.
    5. Have fun!(Rules taken from Mr. Self Destructs)

Kir the Silent

I decided to opt Solitude as the starting point for a few reasons. One while it's not central it is the capital and seat of political power. Two, with the wars end years ago and dragons gone there are plenty of sellswords and mercenaries out of work. Three, its port makes it an even better crossroads for our characters to collide. Thoought, concerns, or other feelings?

Bing!

Name: Lucas Verpot
    Race: Breton
    Age: He appears to be about 25. His true age is a mystery.
    Class/specialties: Scholar/mage. He specializes in Frost magic and illusion magic. He is also fairly skilled in alchemy and sneaking. He has decent skill in conjuration, restoration and alteration magic. However, he falls short in any form of physical strength.
    Appearance: About 6 feet tall and skinny, but not weak looking. His skin is pale and his eyes a wicked amber color; his hair a greasy brown pony-tail. Forgoing the normal mage robes, he always dresses in the finest silk shirts with a nice vest over top. His looks are average at best, but there is something about him and his charm and demeanor that wins the hearts of women. A smile can sometimes be seen splitting his averagely attractive face, showing pearly white teeth; some of them being abnormally sharp. (I'm sure you see where I'm going with this haha)
    Personality: Likes to keep to himself. Doesn't much care for the company of other people, but will always keep an open mind. He spends most of his time in libraries or in his personal study. He doesn't allow anyone to be close to him but longs for companionship. Plagued by nightmares and loneliness, he can sometimes give off a feeling of hostility.
    Background: Born as the youngest child of a noble family in High Rock, he was teased for not being as strong and handsome as his brothers. He took to studying day and night to perfect his illusion magic and become a great thinker. One day in his early adulthood, everything changed when he was attacked by a vampire in the middle of the night. Little is known about what happened between then and the day he showed up at the door of the College of Winterhold in Skyrim asking for access to their resources.​

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
    Staff member
    Name: Darius Maximus
    Race: Imperial
    Class/specialties: A student of many skills but a master of none. He has an affinity for alchemy and sword fighting. His natural charisma, looks, and voice lend itself well for speech and song.
    Appearance: Browsing Digital Art on deviantART (Not my art. I also suck at descriptions)
    Personality: Reserved. Caring. Kind. Helpful. Upbeat but also sorrowed. Of noble spirit. Opts to fight defensively rather than go on the offensive. Religious. He is against the use of magic other than for study.
    Background: He keeps quiet about his past but his eyes say he has seen more than his age lets on. The only thing really known about him is his weapon. A two-handed sword which he calls 'Sorrow'.

Not a super awesomely detailed bio but you need to save most of that for people to find out during role play!

caravan guard

lone Khajiit
    Name: Lyle konliss
    Race: Khajit
    Height: 5'8
    Weight: 168
    Apperance: All grey fur with brown streaks down the shoulders, Black stripes around eyes. The eyes are grey/yellow. He has 6 scars on is left side of his body.
    Sex:male
    Backstory: Left Hammerfell to guard his cousin Snivel's trade caravan. Snivel promised good money. Not long after the caravan entering skyrim Snivel was conning villagers. A man By the name of Leland fest ordered Snivel's death. They attacked at dusk , Lyle and two other Khajits were armed. The other Khajits were useless ( lousy farmers from Hammerfell) They were killed instantly. But lyle was Given a blade When He was 7. He easily killed a careless orc assassin , But his partner wasn't so careless. She was a vampire He was amazed/shocked at her beauty for he had never seen a vampire before. She used some kind of telekinesis and throw his blade away from him. She threw the blade at Snivel. It punctured his heart, He died. She approached Lyle and gave him an offer he couldn't refuse. " join me or join your boss at my dinner table ". Lyle was scared for the first time in his life he joined her without a thought. He now Get's paid good money to clean up her kills/ messes/ and takes care of any witnesses.

Skills: pickpocket, one handed , sneak , and lock picking

Lyle likes to wander skyrim looking for adventure when he can,
    He dislikes the civil war and think's the emperor is a coward, he thinks Ulfric is more of a dictator than a leader

caravan guard

lone Khajiit
    May I join?

Kir the Silent

:D You two are certainly welcome as it seems we may have lost one rper and atomic should post your character card here as well. But other than that you should go to the actual rp thread and intro your characters. As a matter of fact I just set a scene for the intro of a chracter

Skyrimosity

This right here is the mother of all RP revival attempts. I'll be pulling that this turns into a good RP, really enjoyed the first few posts after just reading them.

caravan guard

lone Khajiit
    Are you joining Skyrimosity, I would love to have you watching my back lol

Skyrimosity

Hah, I hadn't even thought about it. It seems like it could be a good RP... perhaps I would join if Kir would take me.

Arthur Swift-Sword

Swift. Like a Sword.
    I was wondering if i could join? Here's my card.

Name: Kestrel
    Sex: Male
    Equiptment: Wears Leather armor, Leather boots and Leather Gauntlets. He has 2 Ebony maces and knows some expert magic.
    Skills: Stealth, One Handed, Archery, Destruction, Illusion.
    Appearance: Although most people dont notice, Kestrel has very pale skin and Orangish eyes (Vampirism) He has Short light brown hair.
    Personality: Very UNreliable. Will quickly turn on someone for coin.
    Bio: Growing up, Kestrel was always a troublemaker. He would steal,make fun of guards, anything for a laugh. He was bitten by a Vampire and was forced to live in seclusion outside of Solitude, close enough though to get the Blood he needs. He searches for a cure to this very day.

Skyrimosity

If Kir allows me to join (big IF right there I suppose) my character will be a Breton Necromancer.

AtomicDonut

Ello there strangeya, I got what you need... *Opens black jacket* (Resident Evil 4 reference anyone? Eh? Ah f*** it.)

Name: Olaf
    Race: Male Wood Elf/Werewolf
    Looks: Tan skin, black eyes, black hair with mohawk and short beard.
    Armor: All Black Leather Armor, except for a black hood that covers his face (Guild Master Hood)
    Weapons: Dragon Dagger, White Elven Bow
    Likes: Woods, Archery, Hunting, Sneaking, Thieves Guild, Mead
    Dislikes: Thalmor, Whiterun, Empire, Falmer, Vampires
    Personality: Doesn't talk if he doesn't need to, can be a smart-ass but is yet very lovable.
    Background: Olaf grew up in Valenwood, but fled to Cyrodiil until the Great War was over. Once the Empire gave into the Thalmor, he went to Skyrim, as he had no more respect for the Empire.

Fun fact: Kir inspired me to make Olaf.

Skyrimosity

On second thought, I don't wanna join this RP. I'll be busy with my other ones. Still wish it the best of luck though.

Kir the Silent

I was wondering if i could join? Here's my card.

Name: Kestrel
    Sex: Male
    Equiptment: Wears Leather armor, Leather boots and Leather Gauntlets. He has 2 Ebony maces and knows some expert magic.
    Skills: Stealth, One Handed, Archery, Destruction, Illusion.
    Appearance: Although most people dont notice, Kestrel has very pale skin and Orangish eyes (Vampirism) He has Short light brown hair.
    Personality: Very UNreliable. Will quickly turn on someone for coin.
    Bio: Growing up, Kestrel was always a troublemaker. He would steal,make fun of guards, anything for a laugh. He was bitten by a Vampire and was forced to live in seclusion outside of Solitude, close enough though to get the Blood he needs. He searches for a cure to this very day.

alright, your welcome to join( i think we may hav a breton vamp but im not sure, post your intro and we"ll see how it goes)

Kir the Silent

we can take one more person but that is all. Post a card and start your intro. (your a bit late lol)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts