Spoiler The Daedra love spiting the Dwemer

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Haru17

Lost Falmer
The title says it all. At every turn the Daedra are defiling the Dwemer's artifacts or territory. This fits their vengeful and meddlesome theme. Some instances of their vengeance are listed below.

The most obvious example is the Spellbreaker and Volendrung. Both are legendary, storied Dwemer artifacts that have been taken by Daedric Princes and given to their champions.

Another example is how Markarth has an unusual frequency of Daedric meddling; Molag Bol, Namira have both set up shop within and nearby the city.

Peryite has even gone so far to blight the entire, expansive city of Bthardamz with his sickly growths (yes, I'm aware that the cultists have gone their own way, but Peryite ordered them to go there in the first place, so it's still his will).

Has anyone else noticed this pattern?

Neriad13

Premium Member
It does make sense, now that I see the pattern. It was the Dwemer who spurned the Daedra in favor of their man-made gods and paid the ultimate price for their arrogance. And we know from Azura, Molag Bal and Peryite exactly how long a Daedra can hold a grudge. :)

Adam Warlock

Yes , it makes you wonder if there`s currently a conflict between the Daedra and the Dwemer on another plane of existence and what is seen in Skyrim is overflow from that

Haru17

Lost Falmer
Yes , it makes you wonder if there`s currently a conflict between the Daedra and the Dwemer on another plane of existence and what is seen in Skyrim is overflow from that

If the Dwemer went to Aetherius, or eve a plane of Oblivion then that'd make sense.

Oh, and they have mer-maid gods, not man-made... Wait, mermaid gods!?!?!?
Poseidon.jpg

Beached66.jpg
water_goddess.jpg

It's all connected, lol, thanks for your replies!

Adam Warlock

The strong implication of the Arniel Endeavor storyline is that the Dwemer did in fact find a way to physically access alternate planes.
That Arniel continues to exist(in a way) also suggests the Dwemer can be out there somewhere

DarK StaR

It seems like the daydric probly wiped the dwemer out and are pillaging collecting the spoils of war

Haru17

Lost Falmer
It seems like the daydric probly wiped the dwemer out and are pillaging collecting the spoils of war

No, it's pretty clear that the Dwemer made it to an alternate realm. Whether they're considered to be some of "the living" there is another matter. Adam Warlock's post pretty much sums it up. An interesting issue is the heart of Lorkhan (who's sort-of a maybe-kinda Daedra), it seemed to have been destroyed by the Neravine, but Hermaeus's Mora's quest in Skyrim implied it still existed, albeit, it didn't, at least not where it was claimed to have been. It could possibility be in that lava under Red Mountain...

Adendum: I forgot Hermaeus Mora's quest! It HEAVILY involved the Dwemer and their machines. It's also possible that Mora was just mocking everyone when it talked about the heart.

DarK StaR

No, it's pretty clear that the Dwemer made it to an alternate realm. Whether they're considered to be some of "the living" there is another matter. Adam Warlock's post pretty much sums it up. An interesting issue is the heart of Lorkhan (who's sort-of a maybe-kinda Daedra), it seemed to have been destroyed by the Neravine, but Hermaeus's Mora's quest in Skyrim implied it still existed, albeit, it didn't, at least not where it was claimed to have been. It could possibility be in that lava under Red Mountain...

Adendum: I forgot Hermaeus Mora's quest! It HEAVILY involved the Dwemer and their machines. It's also possible that Mora was just mocking everyone when it talked about the heart.

I had no idea ,i had very basic knowledge on the topic it was just my best guess then again if the dwemer are gone why not use there ginat structure theres no one around to tell you you cant there premade forts with traps jsut plant oyur flag and call it your own

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts