• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Kova

Bosmer Master Race
    //I guess we should make an OOC thread. Bleh. And yeah, a mage'd be useful as long as he didn't try to heal Kova or anything. o_O//

MabFaerie

Faerie Queen
    "Potions are so easy to make, I don't understand why they fetch the prices that they do!" She scoffed, as if mixing a potion was as simple as breathing.
    "I don't mind parting with a few. If I needed them so badly, I'd have used them by now, and if I need more then I'll just make more." She assured him as she started back towards the city walls.

"Besides, as long as we have enough coin to eat then we have enough coin to live. These walls are surrounded by hers and flowers, plenty of ingredients for potions. The townsfolk are sitting atop a metaphorical goldmine and yet they do nothing! I guess potions have a stigma of being a weapon used only by magicians, but still, even a commoner could throw two herbs together and make a profit!" The young girl exhaled sharply, blowing a few strands of dark red hair into her face with the exasperated motion.

Geel-Kajin

OOC: Hi, this is Geel-Kajin from the writer's guild. I've come to do a review of the story so far, and I shall post it here for the moment as you don't seem to have an OOC thread.

One thing I'm curious with is whether this story has a main plot or is it just free play? I salute your good grammar and spelling, and I get very amused with both your character's witty comments.

A thing which you could do Kova, is to shorten your signature. People will misread it as part of the text :) Alternatively, you could add color to the things you post, to differentiate between signature and words. Also, I think that you could expand your posts, increasing their length and depth.

For example, people you meet on the street could be better described, your own characters explained by the other party.

Kova

Bosmer Master Race
    Kova grinned as he strolled alongside her. She entertained him greatly. He didn't have the heart to say 'I have no idea what you're talking about.' For a Mer, he was surprisingly stupid when it came to things like magic and alchemy. He had a hard time simply understanding Aetherius. He pulled his hair back again and tied it with his regular leather strip.

"If you say so," he said as they drew nearer to the city walls. He waved to the Khajiit Caravan's leader as they passed, as they had helped each other out in the past. "Ever consider tying your hair back?" he asked, offering her a leather strip when he noticed her blow her hair out of her face.

Kova

Bosmer Master Race
    //Thanks for the suggestions. :eek: You guys here on the forums are very inviting and helpful. I think Faerie's making an OOC thread for this as we speak. :3//

MabFaerie

Faerie Queen
    "Well, normally I keep it in two braids" Lilumae began, falling in step beside the Bosmer, "But I hadn't initially planned on going anywhere today, so I let it out." She accepted the leather from him and as they moved, she began making a single braid down the side of her hair, tying the end with the strip. Despite the braid, locks of hair seemed to flow into her face, defiying gravity and her will.
    She laughed and shrugged her shoulders, "I guess this will have to do for now."

As they neared closer to the town, Lilumae slowed her pace some, "I know you mentioned that Calling earlier, the one that led you here? But why do you think it did that? Not just to the Bannered Mare, I mean, but to this city itself. Why do you think it brought you here specifically? I can't help feeling that any other place might treat you a bit kindlier, no?"

MabFaerie

Faerie Queen
    ((And yes, the OOC Thread is up!
    Geel-Kajin, thank you very much for your helpful suggestions!
    We do actually have a bit of a plot in mind. Our initial rp started out in the Bannered Mare, where our backgrounds were exchanged and some character development was had.
    The plot itself, as I imagine, will likely revolve around The Calling that Kovas character hears, and probably Lilumaes developing friendship with him. It's a bit rough at the moment and we are kind of winging it, but it seems to be flowing nicely enough thus far.))

Kova

Bosmer Master Race
    Kova tapped his chin as the guards opened the gate for them, trying to find a valuable answer. "Well, I mean... Y'know... The Divines work in mysterious ways. It could be for any number of reasons. Hey, I could be here for the sole purpose of meeting you." He smirked at her, entering the gates and cracking his knuckles.

"Maybe we're supposed to change the face of Tamriel? Who knows? Not me, that's for sure." Kova grinned as he began walking down the street and toward the market alongside his new found companion. He could tell that their partnership was going to generate a few stories, if nothing else.

MabFaerie

Faerie Queen
    "I don't think I'm so special that the divines themselves would arrange a meeting, but it is a pleasant enough thought to entertain at any rate." Lilumae grinned back at him and stepped past the gates, returning to bustling city once more.

Watching people dart to and fro about their daily lives was still enough to give the young girl a bit of anxiety. People made her tense and worried, and considering how well she'd warmed up to Kova, Lilumae wasn't sure she had the energy to try warming up to any one else anytime too soon.

Lilumae found herself inching nearer to the Bosmer whenever a stranger would pass her by, walking too close beside her or shouting something in her direction. It was as if the young girl was enclosed in a very tiny bubble, and that the ripples of movement from the people surrounding her were strong enough to disturb that bubble with ferocity, threatening to burst it if they could.
    Despite herself, she began to move a little faster, eager to get out of the open space and into someplace more enclosed, away from all these people.

Kova

Bosmer Master Race
    "Hey, be careful," he said, placing an arm around her shoulder with a smirk. "People are starting to look at you like a stupid n'wah." He removed his hand from her shoulder and picked up the pace, hoping that she was following him closely. He wove his way through the busy streets, nearly knocking over several people, including a lady carrying a box of some miscelaneous items.

"Riff Raff!" She shouted as he nearly knocked her over. He turned quickly and frowned, standing in front of Lily.

"That's my bad, lady!" He quickly turned around to Lily giving her the 'Yeah, we need to go' look. After a few minutes of walking and a few more encounters with the ever so inviting locals, they ended up in the market again.
    "What now, Lily?" He asked, looking to her with a gentle smile, glad for her sake that they made it out of that large crowd.

MabFaerie

Faerie Queen
    "Sorry, it's just so crowded here." She frowned slightly, stepping close enough to him that her hand grazed his.
    "We should head to the Jarls place, we need to speak with his magician, don't we? To try and sell these potions?" There was an edge apparent in the girls voice, as if she was beginning to panic, despite the receding crowd.
    With a slightly forward approach, she grasped the Bosmers hand and led him along, weaving through the few stragglers still mulling about the area, towards the Jarls place of dwelling.

Kova

Bosmer Master Race
    Dragon's Reach came into view as she quickly began dragging him into its direction. He immediately began to speed up so that he was now beside her. Kova gave her hand a gentle squeeze in an attempt to calm her down as they stood outside of the large doors. "Shh. It's okay," he insisted, opening the door for her. "You're safe, alright? It's okay to let your guard down." He stepped into Dragon's Reach with her, looking around for a place that the Court Wizard might set up shop.

MabFaerie

Faerie Queen
    Lilumae all but threw herself into Dragons Reach, stumbling forward and gasping for breath. She had been running towards the massive structure at full speed, tugging her friend in tow, and hadn't stopped to breathe since.
    Now, with her heart pounding, she released his hand and leaned forward, hands on her knees, head bowed, trying to catch her breath.
    "I'm okay" She assured him, but the wavering in her voice claimed otherwise. She didn't want to tell him that she felt he was wrong. She wasn't safe. She couldn't let her guard down. She'd tried that before and only been hurt because of it. People, no matter where they lived or what part of the world she was in, were all the same.
    People would only hurt her.
    She held still a long moment as she focused on steadying her breathing.
    "I'm okay, really." She raised up and smiled at him, but the grin didn't reach her eyes, she was still afraid behind them, despite her best attempts at masking it.

"Let's go find that Jarls Magician!" She said, feigning optimism and hoping to distract her Bosmer friend from the worry behind her gaze.

Kova

Bosmer Master Race
    "Okay. But really, if you're not up to this, we don't have to, you know..." He looked down the hall in between the two long dining table. The Jarl was out, it seemed. "If you were the Jarl's Mage, where would you set up shop?" He asked, turning to her before seeing a flash of light emerge from a room in the far right corner. "...Bet he's in there." The Bosmer smirked at her, strolling up the hall and turning into the doorway and knocking. "Hello?" He called into the room, not seeing a soul. He turned back to Lily.

"Maybe no one's home?"

//I'ma go do stuff for a few hours. I'll be back. :D//

MabFaerie

Faerie Queen
    "I'm fine, really. Let's keep going." She assured him, her smile almost reaching her eyes this time.
    She followed him towards the flash of light, peeking over his shoulder and seeing empty space.
    "Hmm... maybe he used an invisiblity spell?" She stepped into the room, approaching the nearby desk, cluttered with books and paperwork.
    "Sir? If you're here, please come out. I am interested in bartering a few rare potions with you." Lilumae hoped her words weren't falling on deaf ears, but truely couldn't tell whether the man was still there or not.

((Okies, seeya later~))

Kova

Bosmer Master Race
    Kova rolled his eyes, thoroughly convinced that they were alone as he slowly backed up to lean against a wall. He sighed, leaning his head back as Lily made an attempt to speak to someone.

"I don't think he's here, Lily," he said with a sigh. "Looks like we're gonna have to come back la--" He was cut off by a flash of light in the center of the room where a man in a hooded robe had phased into existence. He was laughing almost manically and dancing around like he was possessed by Sheogorath.

After a moment, he noticed the two of them, staring at him with confusion.

"Oh! Er... terribly sorry about that. I was just testing out a new spell, you see and... er.. it worked." The man explained, giving a nervous chuckle. He stepped closer to them. "Anyway, my name is Farengar Secret-Fire. I am the Jarl's Court Wizard. What can I do for you?"

Kova smirked, hanging back a bit to let Lily do all the talking. She was, after all, the magic expert here.

MabFaerie

Faerie Queen
    "No, I'm certain I felt a presense, he must be-- Oh!" She was cut off abruptly by the flash of light and the loud, wild laughter of the man now inhabiting it.
    "And that's the man we're looking for!" She announced, worried that his eccentric manner might further off-put her ally to magical sorts.
    "Sir, if you have a moment, we'd like to exchange a few items with you" The man appeared to be agreeable enough, in rather the pleasant mood from what could be assumed as a successful experiment.
    This was all the cue the young girl needed as she soon plopped her satchel down onto his desk and began extracting various sized vials from it. The vials were filled with many different colors and varying thickness of liquids. Each of them had a small scrap of parchment stuck to them as a label, with her tiny swirly handprint saying its name and properties.

Lilumae didn't take long with her transaction, keeping her smile about and haggling with the man for a fair price. She looked sweet, but she wouldn't accept much less than what she deemed an item to be worth. And as rare as potions seemed to be, the magician wasn't one to argue. Even if he had the skill to make these potions, he hadn't always the time, and for a bit of coin she'd be saving him days worth of work.

After a moment, Lilumae withdrew from the mans desk, gathering a few vials he hadn't wanted or needed and returning them to her bag, along with pleasingly heavier sack of coins.
    "Thank you for your time, Sir" She bowed gracefully, curious about what his experiment had been still, but not willing to push the topic due to Kovas temperament about mages.

Kova

Bosmer Master Race
    "No trouble, lass," said Farengar with a smile, nodding in response to her bow. "It is always nice to see young people such as yourself taking an interest in the Arcane." He looked over to Kova and waved. Kova nodded in his direction with a smirk.

"Thanks, bud. You really helped us out."
    Kova looked to Lily and grinned as Farengar went about his business. "Funny fella, wasn't he? Are all experienced Mages like that?"

MabFaerie

Faerie Queen
    Lilumae waited until they were out of earshot to speak on the subject.
    "Truthfully, he was rather tame in comparison to a few Mages I've seen. I personally quite liked him, despite his eccentricity, perhaps even because of it. Maybe you could take a few pointers from him, hmm?"
    Lilumae jibbed the bosmer in the side once more, wondering if he'd end up with bruising at this rate.
    "So, now that we have coin, what next? A place to stay the night? A meal? Do we flee the town in search of wild adventures elsewhere? Tis your call, friend."

Kova

Bosmer Master Race
    "Wild adventures?" He asked with a snicker, walking over to the door and holding it open for her. The guards that surrounded the Keep seemed to follow him with their eyes wherever he went. They didn't trust Bosmer, it seemed. "Well, we could go drink until we pass out... that wild enough?" He shoved her out of the door playfully, following closely behind, letting the giant door slam to a close. The entire keep made a giant ringing noise like a great bell. "Oops," said Kova anxiously, grabbing hold of Lily's hand and rushing away into the market before anyone could see them.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts