The Bloodmoon is Here!!!!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

AS88

Staff member

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
RUN!

tumblr_m2o6kwT6c81qcsknu.gif

Clau

The Fateless One
I'm curious, what does the Bloodmoon symbolize for your culture or Ethnic beliefs?

For my ethnic origins in the Philippines (Kapampangan), it is attributed to a celestial blood compact (Pacto de sangre) between two warring gods and their children.

Amanikable, God of the Seas and bringer of storms swore perpetual friendship and peace to Kaptan, God of the Land and Mountains in which the Supreme deity, Bathala drew the great serpent's fang (Bakunawa) and both gods used the moon as a plate to pour in their blood mixture. Swearing perpetual friendship.

From local lore, blood of those gods mixed and trickled to earth and seas; creating life. So the bloodmoon is a symbol of bumper harvest and calm seas for my people.

Melee

I'm back, bitches
BLOOD MOON PARTAY AT AS'S PLACE AAAAAAYYYYYY.

AS88

Staff member
I'm curious, what does the Bloodmoon symbolize for your culture or Ethnic beliefs?

For my ethnic origins in the Philippines (Kapampangan), it is attributed to a celestial blood compact (Pacto de sangre) between two warring gods and their children.

Amanikable, God of the Seas and bringer of storms swore perpetual friendship and peace to Kaptan, God of the Land and Mountains in which the Supreme deity, Bathala drew the great serpent's fang (Bakunawa) and both gods used the moon as a plate to pour in their blood mixture. Swearing perpetual friendship.

From local lore, blood of those gods mixed and trickled to earth and seas; creating life. So the bloodmoon is a symbol of bumper harvest and calm seas for my people.

Wow, that's really interesting!

My part of England is becoming an increasingly agnostic place, so to me it doesn't really mean anything except an interesting scientific occurrence. And a punchline on this website, of course :p

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
Well... Apparently we were meant to have a Lunar Eclipse at 5:58 tonight (about an hour ago). Unfortunately for the first time in about 3months, the entire sky was covered in cloud. Its insane how rare it is to have cloud cover in Perth at the moment (actually getting closer to Winter its getting more common) but I cant believe the bad timing :sadface::confused:

Tanya

I live in the worst place to see anything in the sky.. I might as well have looked at the eclipse from my closet.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts