Spoiler The Blades Hypocrisy?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Thorn

In the Hist we trust
If the Blades are intent on you slaying Paarthurnax....then why do they not make you slay Odahviing?

Leseras

Darkness guides me.
It's a simple game oversight. If you slay Odaviing, there goes the Call Dragon shout. Lore wise, it could be said that they don't know you can keep summoning him like that. They weren't there when he pledged himself.

Ivory

Let's Player
It's a simple game oversight. If you slay Odaviing, there goes the Call Dragon shout. Lore wise, it could be said that they don't know you can keep summoning him like that. They weren't there when he pledged himself.
While I agree it's an oversight, I'd have to disagree on them not knowing the Dragonborn can keep calling Odahviing. Esbern is smarter then that. (annoying old man that he is.) It's kinda why I don't see the Dragonborn joining up with the Blades.

I do see the Blades gaining power though, somehow.

Leseras

Darkness guides me.
I think you misunderstood what I said. They know he can call for him using the shout. That's established. However, what they don't know is whether he would come. Logically, after being called out and trapped by humans in a wooden cage, I wouldn't answer that call in the future. They are unaware that the dragonborn can call him whenever he/she wants because Odaviing has pledged himself to his/her service.

Ivory

Let's Player
I suppose that's possible, but even Esbern knows how prideful dragons are. He's a crazy old man, but not a stupid one. Though yes, I do very well see and understand you now.

RY14NCE

Dragonborn
I think it's more to do with how evil Paarthurnax was in the past before the dragon war, they want him dead specifically as an act of justice. They'd go for Odahviing eventually I assume

How many of you kill Paarthurnax and join the Blades?

Ive had this game since the day it came out and have made countless characters but have never been able to kill Paarthurnax. Plus Delphine and Esbern annoy the crap out of me...

Leseras

Darkness guides me.
I walk up to the two of them when they are standing outside sky haven temple admiring the view. Slowly, I creep up, preparing my vocals. As I come within arms-reach, I FUS-RO-DAH!!!!! both of them off the damn cliff and laugh about it.

Thorn

In the Hist we trust
I have only been able to kill Paarthurnax with one of my characters...but that one didn't last long before being deleted.

TheLonelyWolve

My precious
Kill him all the time I ever do the main story, once he's taught me I have no longer use of him, The students sometimes end up killing their masters ;) that and because I just don't really care for dragons, Esbern is right, justice must be served no matter if evil becomes good and seems somewhat innocent.

Jader

The Mystic Marksman
Personally I think Esbern and Delphine can fluff a goat.Never killed paarthurnax and never will.

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
If the Blades are intent on you slaying Paarthurnax....then why do they not make you slay Odahviing?
delphine and esbern aint real Blades, REAL blades would serve the dragonborn not try to order him to kill who he does not want to kill

gangraad

dragonguard
I have no problem with executing paarthunax. If any top nazi came forth today, and said he repented and remorsed the terrible thing he had been part of, I would have no problem executing him either.

Call it petty revenge, I really don't care. In my opinion, the only reason Paarthunax has helped is because he couldn't deal with alduin himself.

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
I have no problem with executing paarthunax. If any top nazi came forth today, and said he repented and remorsed the terrible thing he had been part of, I would have no problem executing him either.

Call it petty revenge, I really don't care. In my opinion, the only reason Paarthunax has helped is because he couldn't deal with alduin himself.
yes but they are still giving you orders, their the ones that should be taking orders, your the one who should be giving them, how long do you think until they would force you to kill odahviing, just because he is doh, Quess what your dragonborn, your part dragon, before you know it they will be telling you to commit suicide because your part dragon

Riven326

The fact that Paarthurnax helps you is a testament to his will to overcome his own nature. Killing him proves you have not overcome your own nature.

gangraad

dragonguard

The fact that Paarthurnax helps you is a testament to his will to overcome his own nature. Killing him proves you have not overcome your own nature.
or, perhaps he knew alduin would return, knowing full well he couldn't defeat him by himself?

Just because he tell you he can be trusted doesn't mean you have to.

Rimfaxe96

Never killed him, not once. For me, the Blades' history ended right there when they asked me to kill him.
Canay I miss them though. Diplomatic Immunity was fun, but as long as they don't give you a ticket for a private tea-party with poison dragged in for you by another servant or give you assassination orders similar to Assassin's Creed style (or in this game, Dark Brotherhood style, lol?) I have no reason to stay in touch with them.

Riven326

or, perhaps he knew alduin would return, knowing full well he couldn't defeat him by himself?

Just because he tell you he can be trusted doesn't mean you have to.
He doesn't give you any reason not to trust him.

gangraad

dragonguard
him being a dragon is a rather good reason not to trust him.