Open The Bannered Mare -- Semi-advanced RP Thread

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

The Dunmeri Rogue

The Gallant Dark Elf Rogue
    Barenziah was trembling with anger the more she heard.
    "That self righteous bitch" she thought for while what happened to her was tragic it didn't give her the right to judge who's worthy of living or dying like a god.

...Wait the SILVER HAND!?!

Unsheathing her daggers quickly she tossed one at one of the assassins killing him instantly when it struck his heart.

"Azura as my witness you bastards I swear I'll kill you all for this!" she roared before growling at Kohl "Keep it together Winters." showing how pissed she was before turning to the assassin she glared "Breath the wrong way Khajiit and I'll throw you in garlic and skin you like a rug!"

Agentoringe

"...aend whaen deh tiem comes...ju mai daer, weel be moar den waelcom tu trai...BUT untael dat tiem...we haev ahther tings to be cohncaerned ahbaot.."

With that the khajit crouched and unlatching his cloak with his left hand and grabbing a handful of it with his right he slung it towards the Mage obstructing his view...

"KOHL! SNAP AOUT OOF EET AND ACT! ALAHNA! FROSTBITE! NAOW!

The Dunmeri Rogue

Meanwhile Bareziah was locked in combat with the second assassin.

"Grey skinned bitch! Sithis will have your soul!" he cried lunging at her daggers aimed for her throat.
    "fluff Sithis!" she parried the daggers with her own the Skyforged Steel showing it's strength yet again before rolling under her opponent and retrieving her second dagger from the dead assassin's corpse.
    "Let's dance" she said assuming a wide armed stance.

Wolfie

For a moment it would have seemed that Kohl had disappeared from the area. But perhaps if one were to glance behind a nearby tree, they would notice a sleek bow peering out of it's side. He sniped at the second assassin from here. Indeed he had snapped out of it -- the pitiness from before fleeing from him and baring him to be a man known more in combat -- with a more clear, sharp, and suggestive mind.
    He had changed. He was still doubtful and willing to act quickly, but the combat had been more demanding.
    His arrow was aimed at the assassin's chest, but as he moved out of the way unknowingly, it pierced his upper forearm instead.
    And where was the Mage? He pursed his lips and glanced quickly around what he could see of the scene in front of him. Ah, yes, there he was. But Kohl had the feeling that this was a battle the Khajiit wanted to fight alone. Berry too, perhaps. He returned to waiting for the right moment to fire at the assassin again -- he didn't want to accidentally hit Berry.

The Dunmeri Rogue

Barenziah continued to fight the assassin Steel and Elven metal furiously blending together in a flurry of strikes and parries neither gaining an inch.

"Gah!" the assassin cried in shock as an arrow pierced his arm.

Moving quickly Barenziah stuck his Achilles tendon "AHHHHHHHHHHH!" the assassin screamed as he fell to his knees.

Advancing on her fallen enemy Barenziah raised her daggers for a killing blow.

"Lady Rena I've failed you" the crippled assassin wept before Barenziah decapitated him with a scissor cut.

Wolfie

Kohl turned his attention to the Mage. Magic was a dangerous thing to trifle with as any, but there was no shield spell he knew of that could block an arrow from sinking into the flesh. He scanned the Mage for weaknesses, but time was too demanding; even to wait for the Assassin and Alana to act. He had a fair amount of arrows left, but he didn't want to waste any, seeing as it was doubtful the arrow in the assassin's arm would be easily retrievable without breaking the arrow, if it was not already crippled. He slipped another arrow into place and paused, eyes narrowing as he beheld the scene. What bad could one arrow do? 'Aim for the stomach or knee for distraction,' he thought, aiming at the Mage's chest and loosing the arrow. He let in a jagged breath, dark eyes flashing like a drowned septim.

Agentoringe

Alana seemed still too shocked to act, kohl loosed an arrow at the mage, cleverly disintegrated with a shock spell. ...after a short pause the khajit bolted..almost a blur he zigged and zagged towards the Mage grabbing his attention... as lightning bolts ripped past him tearing up the road and slinging dust and gravel everywhere...at 20 paces he lined out straight at the Mage, spell ready in his left hand, sliding to a stop in front of him as the Mage pushed forward with a point blank cast...the khajit knocked the mages hand upward with hit right hand sending the bolt into an already stormy sky and with the same motion bringing his clawed hand back down into the mages chest...tightening his grip in his right hand, he brought his left hand around straight at the mages face with the full force of....nothing? Stopping inches from the mages face the spell fizzled...damn...the sun of course...even through the clouds it makes regenerating magic near impossible for a vampire especially with his tunic nearly destroyed...

The mages face turned from one of horror to a twisted grin...he burst with laughter as the khajit stood up in front of him.."you ran out of magic??? HAHAHA! poor poor kitty cat...I had heard stories from the others about how vicious you were in combat...HA! Looks like only stories they were!"

The khajit released his grip on the mans shoulder...and tilted his head slightly downward as if defeated...the Mage, confident of his victory raised both hands wide with lightning crackling in their palms..as he lurched them forward to cast his spell the khajit caught his arms prematurely setting them off towards the ground on either side...

"veesheeous you say?....ju haev NO eye-deeya..." curling his lip into a snarl he lunged and sunk his teeth into the mages throat and began drinking deeply...gulp after gulp passed as the Mage fought...firing off weaker and weaker bolts until he couldn't cast anymore...he began to struggle to stand...now being held like a puppet by his arms and throat and withering to a husk of his previous self...he fell into a collapsed pile at the khajits feet...

Turning back towards the party...face and flesh newly restored...he wiped his mouth..."ahh...dat ees behtahr..."

The Dunmeri Rogue

Wiping her bloodied daggers clean Barenziah scowled at the vampire in disgust but said nothing.

"So what now?" she asked at large snappily."We're stranded out here in the back end of nowhere while Kohl's nutter of a sister's goons attack my city!" she shouted angrily.

Wolfie

Kohl stepped out of his hiding spot, eyes flashing at her retort. He had paled slightly, seeing what the Assassin had done to the Mage. He hardly seemed shocked anymore, but watching it had been ...
    "We don't let anger control ourselves is what happens," he retorted. "We're scattered thin as it is! But I personally will not allow the Silver Hand to even lay eyes upon the Companions. Enough people are injured as it is."
    He turned his gaze upon the Assassin. "Our reasons for fighting may differ, Assassin, but I have to admit it's nice presently not being at the force of your blade." His eyes glinted unevenly in the sunlight. Kohl sheathed his bow, looking him up and down with a sore curiosity. "Is there a name we can ally you by? And what are your thoughts of this?" And how long has he lived? This Kohl did not ask. They needed to move if they could do anything. How did Rena suppose she'd get to - wherever - in good time? Surely not on foot.

The Dunmeri Rogue

Not backing down she retorted: "If you and Vilkas hadn't seen fit to keep secrets then they wouldn't be in this mess!" Before glaring at the distance mentally calculating the time it would take to reach Whiterun. She cared not for the murderous abomination's name.
    "Let Kohl make friends with it."She thought scathingly.

Wolfie

'Enough!' Kohl scowled and stalled over to her, shooting her a dark, calculating glare. "Maybe you think that everything is shadows and light but it ISN'T Barenziah. I'm still the same person I was two days ago! It's a bigoted claim you have. If you wish to remain ignorant then so be it; but I too have allies and a real life and real emotions, and I'm not going to let your twisted confusing emotions stray me from protecting my all- friends."

The Dunmeri Rogue

Chuckling she hissed darkly: "Then I hope you have the stones to deal with your sister when the time comes." Before giving him a dead stare her eyes far away and pained: "Because I've seen her type before they can't be reasoned with,they can't be talked down and in their twisted sense of revenge they'll kill everyone that doesn't meet their standards of good or even just in the way." Can you kill your humanity, toss aside any attachment for her and drive a knife in her heart even as she pleads for mercy?" Sadly she added: "Because if you can't innocents will die."...Before walking away head bowed and tears forming she said too quietly to hear "Arthas..."

Wolfie

"She was my battle-mate," he growled as if that explained himself. "We are getting NOWHERE like this." He clasped the pommel of his sword and attempted to look everyone hard and straight in the eyes, settling his gaze again on the Assassin. "So. As I was saying: what do you plan to do? We can't do much if we're scattered apart from each other." He did looked bothered, but had taken on a stronger aspect. He wanted to right his previous wrongs, not just extinguish them.

The Dunmeri Rogue

"You're right" she said trying to hid her tears and look strong."Arthas I promise I'll not let your name be tarnished" She thought determinedly. Looking at the burned carriage she said "Wait here" before making her way to it.

Wolfie

Eyebrow cocked, he did stand there and watched tensely and with a hint of wary curiosity.
    "Amused yet?" he muttered to the Assassin, lips quirked. "We are as ready as a bluejay is to battle a sabrecat."

The Dunmeri Rogue

Digging through the wreckage silently Barenziah thought "It's still here I know it" before noticing an emerald and gold shaft buried under burned timbers pulling with all her strength she revealed a beautiful glass warhammer that appeared to have been lovingly cared for as there wasn't a chip or smudge on it.

As she balanced it a tad awkwardly clearly not used to wielding it it glowed with a white fire arcs of blue electricity running across it's length.

Glancing back at her companions she had a determined fire rarely seen in her eyes.

Agentoringe

"yes...there is a plan.." the assassin turned...closing his eye for a moment...after a short minute of muttering to himself his eye snapped open...with deep purple flames enveloping his hands he walked over to the felled horses...placing a hand on the first the flames pulsed and the horse began to kick and squall with new life...stepping back to allow it to stand, it muelled around for a second before bringing itself to bear in front of the assassin and lowering it's half charred head...smiling grimly he walked over and did the same to the other...

"as soon as they are harnessed we will be ready to go...I will help you with your "kennel" in white run...ON the way to falkreath...your sister must be dealt with...and trust me...if you don't find the resolve to handle her before then I assure you I will. I had a hand in creating that monster myself...and I will have a hand in finishing it."

"as for a name...you can call me Jagga Baelfag..Now let's move."

Wolfie

"Jagga?" Kohl repeated. He nodded. "Alright." He quickly stepped over to Jagga, unable to resist staring at the undead charcoals of horses. "I have the strength to overcome her. I just need the opportunity to strike," he said quietly. He turned his head and looked at Alana and Berry.

The Dunmeri Rogue

Nodding Barenziah slung the Warhammer on her back. "This is the moment of truth." she stated as she approached her companions.Looking at Jagga she said: "There's only two right?Looks like we'll need to make sitting arrangements."