• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

blue 468

Arannir was sitting in the corner sipping of a glass of wine when the chaos erupted, Arannir smiled a little finally something exciting. Arannir stood up as a large orc approached him stopping mere inches away, the orc had to be at least a foot and a half taller but Arannir stood his ground. The orc swung his massive first toward Arannr's head, ducking he spun sweeping the Orc of his feet, standing ready the orc stood up even more enraged. The orc charged head first, smiling Arannir sidestepped causing the orc to miss and run full speed into the wall causing a loud bang, the orc stumbled then fell to the floor unconscious, Arannir walked back to his seat only to find all his wine spilt.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Vilmar laid yet another attacker low with an elbow to the throat, before turning and kicking a second in the knee. As the second mans' kneecap shattered, and he fell, howling and clutching at his injury. It was only then that he heard the distinctive 'click' of a crossbow firing. A half gasp, half cry from his side alerted him to the target of that bolt. As the brawl began to die down, He turned, to see Avani slumping against the wall, a crossbow bolt lodged in the side of her neck. Cursing, he eased her to the ground, ignoring the Nord that had most of his throat torn out. "This will hurt" he said grimly, pulling the bolt from her neck as gently as he could. She hissed in pain, but Vilmar quickly tied the wound with a strip of a fallen mans' tunic, stemming the cold, dark blood that trickled from the wound.

Pain. The vampire rarely felt true pain, but this time was a unique pain, from the crossbow bolt. Then her companion was there, removing the cursed thing, binding the wound, easing the pain. Tracing the path of the bolt, she noticed a single man fleeing the inn. She snarled, attempting to rise to her feet, but to no avail. AS much as Avani hated to admit it, she was unable to punish the fool that had attacked her. A wounded enemy was much more dangerous. She noticed that the brawl was now mostly over. except for a few isolated fights.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    Valar sat in a back corner of the bar. A fight had broken out, but bar brawls did nothing for the Dunmer. He watched his drinking partner Uthgerd join in the madness. Valar stood and stole her chair. He sighed because he was enjoying her tale about how she was named for her grandmother. So the elf is with a vampire, Valr thought and a bolt struck the vampire. Valar giggled at that for that meant a crossbow. Valar didn't like crossbows after your one shot it took to long to reload, and at that point you were venerable.

Most of the brawl was done, a few scattered brawls here and there. Valar finally stood when his drinking buddy returned to her seat a little bruised, and as he stood he looked and saw mostly adventures still in the Inn. Not really fair, Valar thought. Armor in a bar brawl tsk-tsk. He smiled maybe he will be able to use his sword soon.

Belle

Fool of Hearts - Laughter Incarnate
    Briar watched the brawl with raised eyebrows and a smirk. She wondered if any of the members of the group she was invited to were here. Drifting into her thoughts, she was snapped out of it when a bottle of mead narrowly missed here, smashing into the wall.

Slowly, the brawl ended, and everyone returned to their seats, laughing and drinking. Briar still wasn't sure where to go. She hoped she could find the leader of the 'adventurers' soon, so that she could show him the token she was given, and meet the others. She was painfully curious.

Alphonse finally stood up after taking a beating. He struggled to his seat again, a trickle of blood streaming from his mouth. His ribs definitely felt bruised badly, if not broken. As he tried to hold his hand up for another bottle of mead, a sharp pain shot through his ribcage, and Alphonse forced some thick blood down his throat in order to talk. With a rasping voice, the Redguard ordered another mead, and jokingly, a healer.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    The door to the inn opened revealing a trio of Nords. Two of them wore the scale armour and blue armour of the Stormcloak Army. However, they were better armed, and held steel bound shields in their left hands. The third and final man wore a deep blue cloak with a gold cloth trim, and a shining mail with an open faced helm under one arm. In his other hand he held a token, the very same as the one Vilmar had in his belt pouch.
    "Those of you with these tokens.Step forward" Leaving Avani leaning against the wall in her chair, he approached, revealing the item. Others approached as well, including the Dunmer he'd spoken to outside the city walls.

"You now work for High King Halvan Stormcloak" the man stated, sweeping a stern gaze over the assembled warriors, assassins, mercenaries, and adventurers. "You will go to the ancient city of Saarthal, and underneath that you will find the ancient burial chambers...then you will retrieve an-" The man hesitated, his face twisting with uncertainty. "An artifact, of sorts. You will return this artifact to the High King, in Windhelm" The man stared at the ruined tables and injured Nords rolling on the floor and groaning. "You have until morning to leave the city, or you'll be arrested for disturbing the peace and damaging property" with that, the three Nords' turned on their heels and left the tavern.

Noticing the wounded Red guard, Vilmar ambled over to him and handed him a healing potion. "Drink up, my friend" the elf said, not unkindly. With that, he surveyed the others in the group, wondering if he could trust them if his life depended on it. He returned to Avani's side determined to keep her safe from anyone with a crossbow.

Star Gazer

He had evaded the brawl, but the nords had called for the adventurers shortly after. Arb took an emerald ring with the label "Ring of Future Hindsight". He slipped it onto his finger for a moment, and the ring sent messages into his mind. Gee, I sure am glad I went on that adventure with them. Such wealth was earned on our voyage! Popped into Arb's mind. He knew the ring wasn't to be trusted, but it was right more times than it had been wrong, so he figured he would travel with the group. He pulled the ring off, slid it into his satchel with his two other items, and rushed into the group of adventurers, trying his hardest to blend in.

Anwrise888

A very naughty naughty kinky mage....
    As soon as the Stormcloak officer said "Saarthal", Anwrise let out a silent laugh. Anwrise new the Ancient City of Saarthal very well. Saarthal had untold thousands of dead. Enough to make many armys of undead, and that is what Anwrise did. During the civil war a hundred years ago the Stormcloaks were getting desperate. Even more desperate when the dragons reawakened from Oblivian knows were. During this this time Galmar Stone-Fist Ulfric StormCloaks second in looked to Anwrise. The Storcloaks so desperate some were even willing to seek help from a dark elf mage. Galmar secretly had Anwrise raise hundreds of Druagr to fight for the Stormcloaks. Even to this day there are tales that nord dead reawakened to fight for Skyrims independence.
    As Anwrise was about to clear out of the inn, he picked up a stray crossbow bolt. Anwrise frowned at the design and remebered the shooters combat stance. Every thing about this screamed Dawnguard. Anwrise painfully remebered having many vampire friends and even a young(if you count 190 as young) vampire woman he had as al over parish to the dawnguard. Anwrise hid the bolt in his magical cloak. Anwrise thought to himself to share this information about the crossbowman with the two high elves in the near future. In the mean while he shuffled out the door with everyone else.

blue 468

Arannir was in a sour mood when the three nords opened the door, his wine had spilled and he had none left. Giving a big sigh he walked out the door with everyone else making sure to take his bow with him, he took one last look at the mess that the fight had caused, taking a short look he turned away out of the tavern. Arannir walked a few steps then realized he had no idea where to go, he had always tried to avoid the northern parts of Skyrim. Mostly part of the cold but also because it made him ache for his home of Valenwood but he swore he would never go back. Pushing sad memories aside he looked around for anyone else that had a token the he might tag alone with.

Anwrise888

Since no one was taliking... and Anwrise disliked akward silence. I will guide us toward Saarthal. I am well familiar with the runes. Gather your supplies and mounts. If you do not have a mount I will buy you one. I am Anwrise Harr and I may be a handsome dark elf and look young. But I am one of the most powerful mages in all of Tamriel and with more than 400 years of experience. You must all be of some worth if you were summoned by the high king of Skyrim. Our mission is to retrieve something from Saarthal. The reason we are going is because high king Halvan sent soldiers into Saarthal... but they did not come out. They are most likely dead and the high king Halvan is not willing to waste more of his peoples lives. That is why he is sending us. Because you are more expendable the lives of his people. If you want to backout now then do it. Because if you are going to be a hindrance...then you are as good as dead.... Anwrise said with a grim smile that would frighten a drauger. Anwrise's tone and smile became friendly again. You may now introduce your selves one by one.

blue 468

OOC: last post for the weekend because i'm going out of town, so Arannir will just follow you around, fill free to control him just don't kill him:)

Arannir listened to the Dunmer he didn't really like his kind but this one seemed different, Arannir shook the thoughts away and was the first to introduce himself in the most pompous voice he could muster "My name is Arannir, as you all can see i'm a Bosmer, Woodelf if you prefer. I do hail from Valenwood but it has been sometime since i've been home and i'd appreciate it if all of you would not ask why." Arannir paused waiting for any questions "Very well let us be off at once". finishing speaking he turned around, hiding a smile and laugh he thought to himself how funny he was.

Perry M

Athena stood up from the corner. I am Athena, I am a proud Breton who was born in Anvil. I may not expect anybody here to know who I am, and that does not bother me. As we are making a greeting, I will only give out the essentials. I like to work in groups of 2 to 3 or alone. I am not a group worker, if you want something taken down or distracted, leave it to me.
    I expect you all to be warriors of some type, maybe some use bows. I used a crossbow. I have had it specially made with rare materials found in Dwarven Ruins, enchanted by the college. I wont tell you what it does, but be wary. Get on my wrong side, and you'll be on the wrong side of it.
    She sat down, it was something, now everybody was silent as some looked at her and others waited for the next introduction. Good, at least I made an impact on these people. Let's see who heads my warning.

Star Gazer

Arb knew he didn't belong in this group. He lacked interdependence and didn't even have the token to prove he was in their group. He studied the black tokens they were fiddling with as he pulled out a septim. He rubbed some dirt off his shirt, making sure to cover the septim on all sides. From a distance, it would look exactly like the others' tokens. "I'm Arb. If you've spent more than a mere day in Whiterun you've probably heard my name being tossed around. I take care of the people of Whiterun. I'll do whatever needs to be done. I can make fires and survive in the wilderness for days on end." He said, fondling the blackened septim. "I believe the guard mentioned Saarthal. I am an expert hunter of the undead, and I know one when I see one." He emphasized, looking at the elvish vampire. Their eyes met for a split second, Arb touching the end of his crossbow, looking sure death in the face while showing no fear.

He was unable to kill the vampire, but if they were to be traveling together, either Arb or the vampire would die. From the looks of the weather outside, it would be raining for days. The prime time to kill a vampire is in daylight, but the rain prevents them from feeling the effects of the sun. He would either have to wait for sunlight or fight in the dark. It was a hard decision, but knew he had taken too much time introducing himself already. "I'm glad to be part of this group." He concluded, sliding the dirt-covered septim back into his satchel.

Alphonse laughed, after he drank the potion. "Wouldn't exactly call you handsome," he said to the man who had said he was over 400 years old. "And it's probably not the best idea to tell everyone here you are a vampire. Certainly makes me less eager to go with you on this quest as the High King's lackey." Careful now, Alphonse thought as he carefully phrased the next sentence. "But of course i could be convinced to join you one way or another."

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    "My name is Valar. I kill people," The Dunmer said. For all the fun that was explaining his quest to find a worthy adversary was, Valr didn't talk much. It was the only skill that these strangers could value anyway. His robes swished around him as he strode a little behind the group. He wasn't a patient little mer so he was eager to get moving as well. He nodded to the hunter and the armored elf he saw on the road. He looked up at Jorrvaskr, and decided that he would stay with the party. After all draugr fought like men. Slow and jerky men but men all the same. He looked at the mage and was unimpressed. Hope his magics are more impressive than him, Valar thought. Valar tapped his sword's hilt, after all he had not met anything that survived its head being removed.

Anwrise888