• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Redscallion

Enchanter of Toothpicks
    Talith only sighed and the boy's remarks. He only felt pity for him. The boy must not have had interaction with people for months, and then suddenly thrown in with a group must have been difficult. When Achilles had offered him the healing potion he turned it down. "Save your elixirs. We may need them for more than mere squabbles soon enough. Ha! I have been wounded by a boy! Perhaps he was right about me, but I feel he did not give the Illusion school enough credit! Ah well. I do not blame him," he replied to Achilles. He then proceeded simply to fall asleep in the wooden chair.

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
    Valrin heard a slight disturbance in the other room and he looked around the door frame to see what was the matter. Plagus was acting up again, this time he had somehow managed to injure Talith's arm with his dagger. Valrin frowned as he heard the boys belittling words to the Altmer. He knew the young Dunmer had had a very hard life, but it would be nice if he kept his anger directed towards the Stormcloaks.

Stepping up from the chair briefly Valrin walked into the other room, interrupting as the Imperial, Achilles, wondered aloud if Plagus disliked Altmer. "I honestly doubt it Achilles. The boy has had a hard life, like many of us only he is young and impressionable."

JBar2531

"I feel bad for him. My life was good when i was that young. Only got bad when i was 18, old enough to do things on my own. Although Plagus seems like he can handle himself quite well." Achilles laughed.He then looked at the dunmer that introduced himself to Achilles earlier, Valrin. "Are their any extra beds?" Achilles asked. " If we are to fight some Stormcloaks tomorrow, I will need rest." Achilles smelled the steak that mack threw on earlier. "Hmm, maybe i will eat that steak first.." Achilles took it out of the pot and devoured it while waiting for Valrins answer.

blue 468

When Talith fell asleep Aenar's blood was still pumping and he knew he couldn't go back to sleep. "Hey i'm going outside, keep watch" he said picking up his sword and walking outside. As Aenar sat there he realized how unused he was to the cold, he had lived most of his life in southern Cyrodiil, and had only recently returned to Skyrim. Though he was really cold he enjoyed it.

R'alle

young but able
    Mack went to sleep. He had a terrible nightmare. He was stationed near Whiterun. The stormcloaks started an artillery raid. His men were threw about like rag dolls by the blazen boulders. He had to face the stormcloaks unfairly.

They had catapults and he had man power. Mack stationed his archers on the roof of the local Inn. another group was on the Bar. Mack and the rest of his men gathered the town inside dragonreach. The Jarl and his gurads took care of the people while Mack led his men to battle. He led his 12 men to the main gate. They face some stormcloak resistance until they reached the catapults. He only had 9 men left. They created a one sided Phalanx.

He awoke and woke his group. "Come on....The Caravan is ready. We are heading to Morthal..."

JBar2531

Achilles awoke to Mack telling them they had to go to Morthal. Achilles had never been there himself and didnt know why they where going there, but he didnt care. He hopped on the caravan and waited for the rest of the group. Where going to need more men if we are going to fight the entire Stormcloak army... Achilles thought to himself. These men did seem like experienced fighters, but the Stormcloaks had overthrown the Empire. Achilles hated the Stormcloaks, but had to admit they were good fighters.

blue 468

Aenar snapped out of his daydream when he heard everybody getting ready and heard Mack telling everybody they were going to Morthal. He was wondering why but got up and got his things. He Got on the Caravan and sat next to Achilles and asked "Why do you think we are going to Morthal? I've been there before it's a dreary old place"

JBar2531

"Not sure. Ive never been there myself." Achilles said. "Maybe we are going to recruit some men?Although im not sure if Morthal has many people." Achilles said as he pulled out a nord mead and finished it off. " Or if its a small city, the Stormcloaks wouldnt station many soldiers there and we could easily take our first town. It would reallly help us if we took it." Achilles mind began to fill with reasons why they would be going there."Ah well, im sure Mack has his reasons. We will find out why shortly."Achilles said. "Aenar, why are you fighting the Stormcloaks?" Achilles asked, in an effort to get to know him better.

blue 468

"well I told Valrin this back in Roikstead, my father and uncle were both legionare's. My father was killed during the great war and I believe that Skyrim can be free from the Thalmor" Aenar took a deep breath and thought of his time with his uncle. "also my uncle once said right before he was killed by Thalmor" he added trying to prove how much he hated them "He said that the only way that the people not just of Cyrodiil but of Skyrim to could be truly free is with a strong Emperor willing to govern his people. And I believe that the Stormcloaks aren't helping the matter" AEnar took another deep breath and asked Achilles "what about you"

JBar2531

"Well my father was an ex-Legionare also and my mother was an alchemist. My parents decided to move to Skyrim to make money." Achilles said " But as My parents, my brother, and I where crossing the border we were stopped by Stormcloaks. Once they found out my father was an ex-legionnare who still supported the empire they tied him and my mother up and threw them in our own caravan and burnt them alive. In all the confusion my brother escaped." Achilles stopped for a moment then continued, "They captured my and brought me to their camp. I escaped in the night when they got drunk. That day I swore to find my brother and kill any Stormcloaks that stand in my way. I still havent found him." Achilles looked away and blinked tears out of his eyes. "I also dislike the Thalmor, although probably not as much as you."

R'alle

young but able
    Mack sensing the group was all packed in the Caravan started the journey to the depressing city. He had to meet up with one of his old friends. Legate Taurinus Duilis was an experienced fighter and true speaker. The road was littered with rocks and battle scars. The land was filled with holes from catapult fire and trees were either burnt of scarred with slashes.

Morthal was actually the last stand of the empire. Solitude was just the Officer's and generals last stand.
    Morthal held most of the new Legates and soldiers. Morthal was located near the middle northern region of Skyrim. The place was built on top of swamps and canals.

Mack remembered the battle. He was asleep when the stormcloaks rushed from all sides.
    (Flashback)
    Mack was sleeping in his free room at the Inn. He awoke to a bar fight. It was a Nord and Legate Taurinus.
    "Solitude has fallen!!! We the Nords Have taken back our land!!!"
    "You fool. Nothing can take down Solitude. It would take the Thalmor to overrun us. And they are our allies."
    Legate Taurinus broke his mead bottle over the Nord's head. The fellow legionnaires cheered and dragged the man away. He stepped towards Mack. "(whispering) What Nord spoke of is true I received letter from command stating to draw back from skyrim. They want a full retreat."
    "We're quitting?"
    "Of course not...I'm cozy here. You?"
    "Most definitely"
    The 2 men stepped out of the Inn. Legate Taurinus ordered the men to follow. The 7 men followed Mack and Taurinus to the barracks. The Barracks held about 13 men equaling 22 men including Mack and Taurinus.
    The men gathered outside fully geared. They formed a square consisting of 4 rows of 5. Taurinus paced in front of the men giving a speech.
    "We are the Empire!! We will defend what we protect. We vowed to protect skyrim even if it means protecting them from themselves!!!!"
    "Horah!""Horah""Horah"Hora!!"

The sounds of horses came upon the city. Masses of soldiers descended upon Morthal from all sides. A man on a horse came out of the sea of soldiers. He was Ulfric Stormcloak.
    He spoke to the Legionnaires.
    "You fight as if you believe you can win. You fight even though your great general has fallen by my blade."
    The men looked at each other confused.
    Taurinus yelled before Ulfric could continue. "Get Ulfric!!!"
    The men ran at Ulfrics horse. Mack looked as the Stormcloaks fumbled trying to get their bows out.
    Taurinus grabbed slid under the horse and pushed up. 5 other men tackled the beast making it fall to the ground. 3 Men held Ulfric down as Taurinus stood over the Nord leader.At this time the rest of the men stood around the Stormcloak leader with their shields raised. It made almost a full armored dome.
    It would take a skilled archer to even make it inside.
    (Reality)
    Mack spat at the ground. "It's going to take awhile before we get there."

Big lion23

Vanguard
    It had been a cold winter, though Vanguard knew this was only the unusual, and temporary cold. He thanked Talos that a Nord had some sort of protection against those bitter winds that blew so harshly as he trained his men near Hollyfrost Farm, outside Windhelm.

"Keep your elbow back, son!" This wasn't the life Vanguard wanted, but it most certainly was the one he chose. Those direct orders from Ulfric's "dog" Stormblade left him to do all the Stormcloaks' dirty work. He had heard of the rounding up of the races, and the refocused campaign for the smaller settlements in the various holds.

Vanguard was once a rich man, living a lavish lifestyle in Riften, until a dragon attack about 5 months to the day took his home, and his wife. The pain of both losses was almost as bitter as the chill running down both his, and his men's spines.

"A terrible way to die, my friends, at the end of a sword! Keep your shields up!" A thought about his beautiful Imperial wife almost brought a tear. But he had to stay steady for his men. Despite all that was happening, he fought more loyal for the Stormcloak cause than ever. Oh, he was certainly against what Ulfric was doing, but he felt a strong bond to his men, and to Skyrim, and nothing would come between that. If taking control of every square inch of was what it took, he would see to it.

"Sheath your weapons, brethren! That is all for today!" Good, thought Vanguard, as he liked giving orders. It gave him a sense of authority. As well, though, his men looked scorched by the extreme cold in the air on this night, and it was also getting fashionably late. For a second, he gazed at the stars. Maybe he would ask Stormblade to make a advance trip to help out the team converging on Whiterun's outer villages. Pffft, what a thought, Stormblade giving him an appointment. It was clear that the man liked not the fast ranking Commander, but even Ulfric keeps leashes on his dogs.

It was settled. Vanguard sat down to write the letter.

"Stormblade,

An honor it would be for you to grant me appointment to help out the campaign for smaller settlements, perferrably near Whiterun. These men of mine are ready. I feel I am able to lead them to sure victories across Skyrim. Please send courier with your reply.

Long live Ulfric, High King!"

lbrasz44

After waking up from the camp Dargo made in the night, he went to look over to the side of the cliff. It looks deserted. After making his way down to the cabin along with the other assassins, Dargo began to inspect the area.

"Alright, the closest city from here is Morthal and by judging the tracks here... it is exactly where they are going. Most likely to recruit and get some people pissed off at the Stormcloaks and actually do something about it. Now according to our contracters, that cannot happen so we need to eliminate them in Morthal" Turning towards the others, Dargo continued, "I would say that the four of us split up. I will continue to track the group, and you three make your way to Morthal. Derkeethus, I want you to lead. Now when you get to the city, change your clothes and become one of the locals. We will strike up close and when they will least expect it."

After addresing his assassins, Dargo went to lean down and look at the tracks. He then went to the trees and headed towards Morthal. The snow is fresh on the branches and they fall with every movement. Although this would certainly take away his stealthiness, Dargo knew that he would not get spotted anyways as long as he kept his distance. The swamps in the area would provide for good cover as well. They will never know what's coming...

Big lion23

Vanguard
    "Commander Vanguard,

I deem your appointment as obsessive. Your men are not trained well enough to meet any resistance, and that is a variable we are not trying to pursue. You are to stay and train you regiment and hold your position outside the city.

Stormblade"

Great, thought Vanguard. He was sure Ulfric would get that letter. The courier was supposed to make sure that the steward handed it to the Jarl himself first thing next morning. Vanguard could feel the superiority in the speedy return of Stormblade's reply.

"Even better," he whispered, as his thoughts started to best him. "I shall alert the men in the morning of our trip to come." Vanguard knew this of treachery, in a since. He knew Ulfric would grant him his wish, but not that damned Stormblade. His men were ready, or the past four months were nothing. He would go to the front line of the campaign, and perhaps earn a new rank or two, as long as he wasn't beheaded by the Jarl's "dog" first.

He walked to his bed and lie on his side. "I wonder how long it will take Stormblade to find us when we're gone." With that final though, Vanguard fell asleep.

Redscallion

Enchanter of Toothpicks
    (OOC Sorry but I'm gonna have to quit. Do whatever you feel like with Talith. Sorry about the inconvenience.

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
    Valrin stayed on watch for most of the night, with Fulthiem taking over for him partway through. He woke to the sound of Macks voice telling them to move out; they were heading to Morthal. Valrin quickly got up and prepared and the group set off just as the sun was rising through the trees. Valrin walked slightly ahead of everyone else, his sharp elven eyes constantly combing the landscape for any sign's of danger.

JBar2531

"Are we almost there?" Achilles asked. He hated waiting for long periods of time. Ever since he was a kid he could never stay still. He pulled out a fresh bottle of mead and chugged it. He was purposly trying to get drunk, but decided to stop. If they were attacked he would be no good if he drank anymore.

Big lion23

Vanguard
    "Another day, another city in the Jarl's glorious name," thought Vanguard, immediately as he awoke. He was afraid of Stormblade, sure, but nothing was stopping him this time. A scout had been sent overnight to watch us, he noticed. Calling his Sargent over, he whispered in his hear, "Tell the men to ready their supplies with haste. We leave by daybreak."

A long day, and a hard march from these warm barracks to the scorching cold of Windhelm. Vanguard thanked he Nine he wasn't of the poor souls stuck in Winterhold, for he had attended the College for a short time, and was broke by the unbearable, chilling freeze of the winter.

His men finished prepping early, and he knew why. The respect he demanded from his men was always returned. If he expected them to follow his orders and get up extra early to sneak out of Eastmarch, he sent them to bed early. His men never disobeyed him, and this came in handy. The scout had been taken care of, and they escaped with some sort of ease. They were met by a patrol, near the edge of the hold. Vanguard attempted to shew them away with forged orders, but they had theirs, straight from the top. The patrol made resistance, which Vanguard wished against. This ruckus might cause the Spriggons rumored to live near by to arouse, and nobody wanted that. He called for truce, and right quickly.

"Let us go, Captain." They had an understanding. Thankfully, Vanguard remembered to grab his coin pouch. Both men walked a distance away, then Vanguard handed him the small sack.

"This is a little light," said the man, jerking it up and down in his hand, "twice this on your return." Vanguard nodded. "See you," gestured the Captain.

"Not if I see you first," murmured Vanguard. He walked back to his men as the patrol went the other direction. He pointed toward the Southwest, and with that, the men went on.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts