• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
    Valrin regarded his fellow Dunmer unsmilingly, "I feel it is my duty to guide, protect, and help all of those who oppose the Stormcloaks. I did not want such a promising lad such as yourself cut down by a cowardly Assassin. You are to young to die such a meaningless death. Luckily you are still alive. You know if you wish I could teach you a few tricks to using that dagger of yours a little better, with your dexterity you have great potential to become an amazing knife-fighter." Plagus was indeed quite adept with his knife, but that Assassin was a master. While Valrin pretty sure they wouldn't face opponents such as that in the Stormcloaks he still wished to see Plagus improve his skills. He reminded Valrin of himself at that age...

As Aenar entered the room the Dunmer looked up to him, instantly spotting the look of saddness and guilt on the mans face that he knew all to well. He would have to talk to Aenar later about their dead comrade. But then he saw Mack walk over to him, bidding them all goodnight. Valrin stood, "Go get some sleep Plagus, I will take first watch."

blue 468

Aenar looked up at Mack "it is never good thing when blood is spilled, no matter what the cause." Aenar stood up and started to walk away. "that is why I am distraught" he said over his shoulder and continued to walk away.

Redscallion

Enchanter of Toothpicks
    (Hey everybody!)

Talith Hollow-Tree was lost. Not "oh no I've lost my friend in the market square" lost. He was really damn lost. he had just clambered from a apple barrel aboard the Meridias Beacon, (ship) and he was already lost in the crowded city of Solitude. He turned to a ship yard worker and asked "Excuse me sir, but can you help me? I am a little lost and..."
    "Who let you into this city, Elfling scum?!" The man yelled as he drew his sword. "Guards! We've got a little elf we need taken care of!" Moments after the man's cry, three Stormcloak soldiers advance on Talith.

Within minuets, Talith found himself inside the Castle Dour, locked up in a cell.
    "Hey, laddie! What's a Elfling like you doing in a place like this?"
    "I don't know! I stowed away on a cargo ship and asked a man for directions, then he called the guards on me!"
    "Ha ha ha! That's your problem right there! Skyrim these days has a strict policy of "Nord or die!" Can't say I agree, but rules are rules, and rules are made to be broken! Name's Banning. I'm not from around here either, but that's why I'm in here! "I'm in the Thieves Guild!
    "Thieves Guild? Sounds awful! I haven't done anything wrong!
    "No? Then maybe we can help each other..."

.ol0w0lo.

♫♂GIBBERISH MAN♂♫
    Plagus was far from tired, despite the day’s events. He left Valrin and the others in the kitchen, deciding to search the house for anything of value. He didn’t intend to steal anything, but it had become a sort of bad habit. After several minutes of searching, He came across a door. This door stood out, however; it was the only door in the house, excluding the exits. He tried to push the door open. Locked. The boy drew his dagger, inserting the blade in between the door and its frame. After several minutes, he managed to pry the door open. What he found was a pure shock.

A room full of weaponry, potions, and a multitude of sundries.

Wow. This man’s got enough stuff to run a small army. The boy walked into the armory, eyeballing all of the well polished armors and blades. He looked down at his clothes. Rags. Oh, what I wouldn’t give to own even one of these sets. He looked around for a bit more, finding a plethora of things; Ingots, jewels, pottery. The temptation to steal was immense. No. These people have been kind to me. I will show them the same kindness. He looked at the room one last time. It really is a shame, though. As the elf left the room, his elbow clipped a mannequin. The mannequin fell over, which lead to a cacophony of clanging metal and breaking pottery. The boy just stood there, bewildered by his clumsiness.

And I call myself a thief…

blue 468

Aenar had been walking around the house trying to get over his foul mood when he heard a loud crash. Not knowing if it was that assassin he drew his sword and went to go and investigate. "whoever's there come out slowly with your hands up" He said as he drew near the room.

.ol0w0lo.

♫♂GIBBERISH MAN♂♫
    Plagus heard Aenar's voice as he hastily cleaned up a bit of the mess. "Whoever's there, come out slowly with your hands up!"

"It's only me, Plagus." The elf waited a moment, seeing if Aenar would stand down. After the nord failed to respond, Plagus slowly walked out of the room, his hands still full of jewels and gems.

lbrasz44

The sun has set over the horizon and the sky turned dark. Dargo could go and finish off everyone in the cabin, but they are expecting him and will keep watch. Good thing is that the cabin is not a far distance away from Dawnstar. They won't be going anywhere in the night, especially knowing that he is around. With a leap from the branches, Dargo had begun his hour journey back to Dawnstar.
    ..........................................................................................................................................................

"Brother have you finished the contract?" asked Nazir, just as Dargo returned.

"No. In fact that is why I am back here. I am going to need more than myself for this one; they will move out soon and will most likely recruit in the cities."

"Interesting move. You are going to make a statement by removing them in public."

"Exactly. Our employer doesn't want the resistance to grow so we might as well scare the people."

Dargo moved into the training area of the sanctuary, where his assassins are refining their skills. He looked at a particular group of three. A couple of recruits that are rising up in rank from a regular footpad and one his most trusted speakers, Derkeethus,

"You guys, I am going to need you all soon. You have heard of my contract yeah? The group of rebels are in a cabin south a few kilometers of the city, I want you all in the surrounding area by morning, and we will stalk them for a while. I will fill in with what to do later." commanded Dargo.

After addresing the group, Dargo turned around and went back outside of the sanctuary. The master assassin and his brothers moving out in the night, preparing to finish the contract.

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    "What in Oblivion are you doing with those gems, boy? Why were you even in that room? I understand if you feel the need to steal to survive, but you do not need to anymore!", shouted Fultheim to Plagus. He calmed down and approached the Dunmer. "Put everything back where you found it. Then, help us fix this place up." Fultheim turned back to the others and said, "C'mon, this mess isn't gonna clean itself up!"

(Sorry for short post, wanted to just continue it. meben15 R'alle @.ol0w0lo. blue 468 Redscallion JBar2531 He's in this, right? Well, anyway, there. Tagged the people.)

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
    Derkeethus was sitting on the grindstone in the training room next to a couple of recruits who were practicing their skills on the dummies in the room. He was actually teaching one of them how to use the bow and arrow better, while simulateanously sharpening his Ebony Shortsword. The other recruit was practicing what to do in high profile combat with the guards, using his ebony daggers on a different dummy

The ebony arrow hit the wall above the dummy's head and fell to the floor. Derkeethus heard a feminine "Damn it!" in a frustrated tone. "Don't be so hasty! You're not even aiming it. I understand it is eager to slaughter, but don't release the arrow immediately when you pull the string back. Many assassins have failed to kill and been discovered releasing the arrow as fast and reckless as you do", said Derkeethus as he turned his head in her direction, while still sharpening his blade. "Take it slow, concentrate on your target, imagine that you're a hawk, and your arrow is a your talons." Derkeethus paused for a moment to make sure she was listening, then continued with,"...and imagine that your target's head is a fish in the water. The hawk doesn't instantly go for the fish does it? No, the hawk flies about the skies, waiting for an opportunity to strike the water. After the hawk is done focusing, it swoops down and pounces the fish. Thus the deed is done." The female assassin quietly nodded from underneath her mask and hood, and did as Derkeethus told her. The girl pulled back the arrow in the string and waited a good three Mississippi seconds to release it, focusing on the head of the dummy. Then released her grip on the string, the arrow flew straight at a high velocity, making a "phewwww" sound as it soared through the wind, and impaled itself into the bullseye of the dummy's head.

The girl pumped her fist in the air and said "Yes!" cheerfully when the arrow pierced through the Dummy's head. Derkeethus sprouted a little grin across the sides of his argonian face and said, "Nice job, now hand me that ebony Ingot over there..." he then pointed at the table where the ingot was lying. "....this damn sword is still duller than one of the Emperor's speeches, when he was alive of course, hehehe." Derkeethus concluded mischeviously. The girl assassin walked over to the table, grabbed the ingot then walked to Derkeethus, still sitting on the grindstone, and handed it to him. He then proceeded to grind it into his sword which made it immensely sharper.

Derkeethus then got up off of the grindstone, having finished sharpening his blade. Then suddenly, he heard voices in the other room, which sounded like Dargo and Nazir having a conversation, he couldn't understand what they were saying though, due to the distance between the rooms. Then a minute later Derkeethus heard footsteps entering the training room. Once the figure entered the room, it revealed itself to be Dargo. All of the assassins in the room stopped what they were doing, froze, and focused their attention at Dargo. "What is it, Dargo?" Derkeethus asked.

"You guys, I am going to need you all soon. You have heard of my contract yeah? The group of rebels are in a cabin south a few kilometers of the city, I want you all in the surrounding area by morning, and we will stalk them for a while. I will fill in with what to do later.", was Dargo's answer to Derkeethus' question. Derkeethus nodded and muttered "Understood, me and my group will meet you there". Then Dargo turned around, gathered a few other assassin's from the sanctuary, then left through the main entrance. Derkeethus took his two assassins and left out the back entrance, while hearing the moans and groans of the Dark Brotherhood's torture victims as they sprinted by.

Redscallion

Enchanter of Toothpicks
    An arrow whizzed past Talith's head. The guards had been chasing him for so long he didn't think he would make it to Dawnstar. When he had escaped from Solitude, the guards had noticed him immediately and the thief deserted him. He had run to the stables and stolen a horse, only to be followed by more men on horseback. He flipped around to face his pursuers and launched a calm spell at one of their horses. The horse suddenly screeched to a halt, flinging it's rider into the snow. One down, nine to go, thought Talith grimly. For reason unknown to Talith, the rest of the riders stopped as well. Talith was so surprised, he barley had time leap from his horse as it fell from the sheer cliff that stood directly in front of him. Alright Talith, you've read this a million times. The hero is pinned up against a cliff and the villans are slowly descending on him. But this wasn't a book. Talith had about maybe ten seconds before these crazy loyalists stabbed him for treason. Just as one of them yelled and ran towards him, one of his kin fell screaming into the jagged rocks that lay below. They all turned to face a giant, white Snow Bear. They started to run, but the bear was not excited about his hibernation being broken. The bear grabbed one by his mouth and flung him of the cliff as well. The rest scattered, leaving only Talith, slowly backing away from the great beast. The beast charged at him only to lower his head in what he could only see as respect. Talith gingerly petted him as if he were a common house cat. The bear lowered his back, as if telling him to climb on. "Thank you, kind beast. If you could, I would be in your debt if you could take me east? I have family there who would take me in. If they are still alive, that is." The bear seemed to understand him. He turned, and started down the mountain.

blue 468

when Fultheim came forward Aenar sheathed his sword "sorry if I scared you" he said to Plagus. Aenar walked with Futheim and started to help clean the house. Aenar started to think, he didn't know if he could trust these people he wanted to but ever since he escaped prison he never trusted anyone, at least not enough to let his guard down. Aenar shook his head and said to himself "if I don't trust them with my life then they won't trust me and that could just get us all killed". Aenar continued to clean hoping nobody noticed him stop.

R'alle

young but able
    Mack took the meat out of the pot and placed it on some plates. "Dinner is served." He walked to his room and reviewed the map AGAIN. He heard a crash. He sprinted down stairs ran to the noise. It was his Armory. The door's lock was broken. As if someone lock picked it. He looked around the room. He saw the elf boy and fultheim. The boy seemed to be cleaning."What happened here? Why am I missing jewels?" He looked at Plagus. It was obvious."Why boy? why steal from your allies?" He shook his head. He walked over to the boy and lifted him over his shoulder, he carried him to the door and set him down. He grabbed the jewels and put them back in their crate. He patted Fultheim's back "I'll clean it up. You may stay if you like. All this is imperial treasure from all the previous wars. It was given to my commander from all the commanders before him. He died today so I suppose it's ours now." He walked to the door where the boy was."Dinner is on the table.eat up you need it.Never steal from me. You hurt me today....I thought I could trust you." He closed the door and picked up some blades setting them on their racks. Picked up his old shield. It had the red imperial dragon on the front. The shield was 30 pounds of leather and iron plates. He strapped it to his back and continued cleaning up.

Redscallion

Enchanter of Toothpicks
    (OOC Sorry if I'm posting a lot, I just want to get talith there as soon as possible.)
    Talith and the bear (which he had taken to naming Talos, after the great nord hero) were only a few more hours to Dawnstar. Bandit attacks and Storm Cloak patrols made it difficult to beeline for the snow covered city, so they approaching it through the pine forest in the east.
    It was getting dark, and Talith and Talos were both tired and hungry. Between them they ate fairly well, but the prey in the area had been scarce, so they had not eaten for a few days.
    Just as Talith was about to start looking for a place to sleep on the ground, he spotted a flicker of light coming through the trees. Fire! Was his first thought. Fire meant warmth. Even if it was a bandit camp, he and Talos could take them. As he wandered nearer, he saw that it was not a camp, but a cabin! He was so relived, that he just slumped onto Talos, and allowed himself to be carried to front entrance.

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
    Valrin was standing guard in the dining room of the cabin, his bow and sword resting on his knees as he looked out the window, alert for the Assassin. He heard a crash in the other room and Fulthiem and Mack talking about jewels or something. It didn't really matter to him, Valrin had had enough socializing for the evening.

Then Mack came in pushing Plagus into the room and leaving back to asist Fulthiem and Aenar with something. Valrin looked to the elf boy, "Try to steal something did you?" He gave the boy a wry smile, but it quickly turned to a expression of shock as he spotted something very strange out of the window. A tall Altmer was sitting on a bear heading towards the door of the cabin! "What in the name of Azura?!" Valrin breathed, grabbing his weapons and jumping to his feet he headed to the door.

As the elf and the bear came within ten feet or so of the door Valrin leaned it open slightly and drew his bow, calling out to the man, "Who are you and why are you here? Don't make any sudden moves or I will shoot you were you stand."

Redscallion

Enchanter of Toothpicks
    As Talith approached the cabin, he saw an armed Dunmer burst through the door and yelled; "What are you doing here? Make any sudden moves, and I will shoot you where you stand."
    "Wait! Don't shoot me! I was passing through on my way to Dawnstar! I come from the Summerset Isles. I mean no one any harm, and my friend here, Talos, won't either. All I wish is a place to rest mt head without the fear of Storm Cloaks finding me. (OOC sorry I changed my char card a bit. there were a few holes in it. Talith is NOT a seven foot tall anorexic. he's an elfling.)

blue 468

Aenar had been busy cleaning when he heard Valrin yell to someone outside. Aenar jumped up grabbing his sword and ran outside. As Aenar opened the door he drew his sword and yelled "what's happened! What's going on!" running straight into Plagus both falling to the floor, and dropping his sword in the Process.

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
    Valrin lowered his bow slightly as the elf cried out for him not to shoot, telling of his predicament. He looked at the great Snow bear and stepped back into the cabin, "ah, I see. You'll forgive me for my initial hostility, Skyrim is not safe for elves like us these days. And you can't even be sure other non humans are on your side it seems, we were attacked by a Khajiiti Assassin earlier, he killed one of our number." Valrin gestured to the smoldering remains of the man the Assassin had killed, "How exactly did you get that bear you have there to not bite your head off, If I may ask?" Being a hunter from a young age the Dunmer knew that Snow bears were quite reclusive, and when approached would fight viciously to the death. They were not beasts to be trifled with.

Redscallion

Enchanter of Toothpicks
    "Thank you for your kindness. As for why this bear didn't kill me, I haven't a clue. If you'll allow me inside, I could give you a full account of my journey."

JBar2531

Achilles was on the road towards Dawnstar, looking out for any Stormcloaks on the way. Ever since their victory over the Empire, Ulfric Stormcloak has been forcing most non Nords out of Skyrim, so Achilles was always on alert. Him being an Imperial atracted alot of attention from Stormcloak supporters. Also he had a personal score to settle with those bastards....

Achilles mind started to flood with bad memories but he quickly pushed them aside. As he was nearing Dawnstar, he noticed a cabin off the road and an Altmer and a Dunmer conversing. "Maybe I should talk to them, as they most likely hate the stormcloaks as well," he thought to himself. He could also ask if they had mead, as he had the coin, but was afraid of going to a city because of the Stormcloaks. He decided to walk over to them when he stopped dead in his tracks. "Is that a snow bear?" he muttered to himself, amazed that the individuals were not dead. He kept on walking towards them thinking the bear was not so bad if they were still breathing and he really wanted an ice cold nord mead.... As he aproached he asked the Altmer, "Excuse me friends, but is that snow bear a pet!?"