OOC The Age of Oppression

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

R'alle

young but able
    OHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Ok fail Editing now

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
    lol :)

R'alle

young but able
    Hey guys...How do you all feel about the dragonborn being a Argonian who is jailed? He won't be Rped. Chief will Rp as his follower if it's ok with you guys?

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
    sure why not, It would make sense for the dragonborn to be jailed if he was an argonian. Perhaps his followers motivations for helping us is to free his friend.

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
    Alright well here I am. I'll be RPing as Derkeethus if everyone in the RP is fine with what R'alle just stated. The reason why I'm RPing as Derkeethus is because the rp said the Stormcloaks made everyone who isnt a nord go mining, and that's what Derkeethus used to be before I took him under my wing, so he would be more fitted for this.

I'll post my character card for Derkeethus below. Sorry if it's huge due to the picture of him.

standalone

Name: Derkeethus
    Race: Argonian
    Main Skills: Archery, Sneak, Light Armor, One-Handed, Block, Heavy Armor (he's not as skilled in it as Light Armor, though), Illusion (turning invisible and blending into the shadows only, has absolutely no knowledge of any other forms of Illusion magic), Alchemy, Smithing.
    Birthsign: Shadow (yes, Derkeethus is a Shadowscale in my fan fic of Nikten-Tei, actually Veezara's long lost twin brother).
    Apparel (as Shown Above): Shrouded Cowl (being realistic, his Goat-Like Horns tear through the hood, making them visible), Ebony Mail (just so I wont have complaints about the OP-ness of it, his torso will only RESEMBLE the Ebony Mail, but be his own unique type of armor), Nightingale Gloves (once again, only RESEMBLES the nightingale gloves in this RP), Vampire Boots.
    Ranged Weapons: Hunting Bow, a ton of Daedric Arrows (if Daedric Arrows are too OP, then i'll switch them to Ebony).
    Melee Weapons: Ebony Sword (Given to him by Nikten-Tei. Uses it for upfront kills). Ebony Dagger (Also given to him by Nikten-Tei. Uses it for Silent assassinations)
    Personality: Nice to friends, merciless and cruel to enemies. Takes his work seriously, short tempered.
    Bio (fan fic made up by me): Derkeethus' egg was laid in the Argonian city of Thorn, Black Marsh around 4E 171. He is Veezara's long lost twin egg-brother. How this happened was the two sibling's mother had laid both of their eggs at the same exact moment, the date was 4th of Second Seed, 4E 171, technically making them Shadowscale twins. However, when the mother gave away both of their eggs to the King of Black Marsh, as Argonian protocol insists if the mother's hatchlings are born under the sign of the Shadow, Veezara hatched from his egg instantly when his egg arrived finally to the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary in Skyrim, which the exact date was 24th of Second Seed, 4E 171. Derkeethus' egg arrived there as well at the same time, but due to some medical problems their mother had, Derkeethus' egg was the defective egg out of the two, so it took a while for his egg to hatch, a whole two years in fact. Astrid, who was 30 years younger back then, grew impatient of waiting for Derkeethus' egg to hatch. Astrid, being as merciless as she was, had considered smashing Derkeethus' egg apart since she considered it useless. But then Veezara (as a hatchling) begged for her not to do that to his brother. So Astrid came up with a better idea, she posed as a normal citizen of Skyrim (so they wouldn't know who she truly was) and offered Derkeethus' egg to the Honorhall Orphanage in Riften. Derkeethus coincidentally hatched from his egg finally on 6th of Second Seed, 4E 173, he was still a Shadowscale, but didn't know it. He grew up with Grelod "The Kind" (who was younger, but still old as fluff back then) raising him. He was treated the worst by her out of the children due to him being Argonian. She would beat him more than the other kids, sometimes she would grab his goat-like horns and punch him in the face repetitively and mercilessly, then complain about how "His scales hurt her fists" then proceeded to give him even worse of a beating. She also would include rude remarks about him being Argonian, referring to him as "Pond-Scum" and "Scale-Back" and other insults, she almost never called him by his real name. Derkeethus had a great hatred of Grelod, as did all the other kids in Honorhall Orphanage. But Derkeethus put up with her until he turned 16 years old and left the place. When Derkeethus left the Orphanage, he thought of a way to get back at Grelod for screwing up his childhood, by infiltrating the orphanage and slipping some poison into her glass of mead while she wasn't looking. Derkeethus did this without being seen whatsoever, but Grelod decided not to drink the mead, so his poison plan was a fail. Eventually, he found himself a job working for the mines at Darkwater Crossing and worked there from when he was 19 years old to when he was 31. He met a kind community of people there that accepted him for who he was, even a Dunmer named Sondas there didn't even judge him for the racial feud between Argonians and Dark Elves. He arrived there when Hrefna was just Tormir's baby being held in her arms wrapped in a blanket. All was well and good until Derkeethus ventured out into the waterfalls and swam to catch more fish for his friends. He found a cave up at the top of the waterfall known as "Darkwater Pass" and wandered in out of curiosity. He then got captured by the Falmer in that cave and remained prisoner in there for about 3 weeks. Everyone, especially the little girl Hrefna, had worried about what happened to Derkeethus. Fortunately, the Dragonborn, an Argonian Vampire by the name Nikten-Tei, had rescued Derkeethus before he would've starved to death. Nikten-Tei fed him and assisted him in getting back on track from being imprisoned. From then on, Nikten-Tei and Derkeethus became great friends and started adventuring together. Nikten-Tei was the listener for the Dark Brotherhood, but he did not know that Derkeethus was a Shadowscale, nor did Derkeethus, but the Night Mother knew he was. The Night Mother whispered in Nikten-Tei's head that Derkeethus was a Shadowscale and should fulfill his destiny to the Dark Brotherhood now that Astrid is dead, and Nikten-Tei rules over it now. So Nikten-Tei informed Derkeethus of this and recruited his new companion into the Dark Brotherhood. Also, later on, Derkeethus started trusting Nikten-Tei to the point that he willingly offered to be Nikten-Tei's Thrall. Nikten-Tei accepted the offer, and also promoted him as one of the Speakers for the Dark Brotherhood's Black Hand.

Oh and one more thing, he wont have his equipment in the beginning of the RP. He'll be wearing normal mining clothes because the stormcloaks forced him to wear that.

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
    I made Derkeethus and Veezara brothers because, if you look at them, they kinda look alike aside from the horn shape.

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
    I need to know if that my dragonborn character in jail is ok with everyone before I post

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
    Alright well it seems everyone is ok with it. But if there is anyone who isn't, I'm going to read all the posts, in the amount of time it takes me to do that, post your opposition to it. If I don't get any objections whatsoever I'll just post.

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    Wait, isn't Ibraz's character the leader of the DB?

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    No, I mean it says that Nikten-Tei was ruler of the Dark Brotherhood, but I thought that honor fell to Dharjo.

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
    I thought he was just an Assassin for the DB

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    Oh, well, I'll go check it again. Or not. I'm feeling kinda lazy right now, but I thought he was Listener.

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    So a Black Hand, but not Listener.

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
    So is it ok if I have Nikten-Tei be the listener? Btw I'm still reading, I'm a very slow reader so I apologize

lbrasz44

I guess... haha sure but I think that it would be best that it was something your character discovers later in the story.

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    Nikten isn't his character. Nikten is the jailed Dragonborn, Listener of the Dark Brotherhood. He is using Derkeethus, Niktens thrall.