• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

theoduck

If persimmons approach, Khajiit will smell them.
You may be right. I'm stll reading about it and going from what others are saying...it's w/o limit. I need to load the game on my lap-top and test 1.9 beta for myself and see.
So people can go grind smithing, alchemy and enchantment all over again? Maybe they should just cap those 3 skills at 100 (maybe speech as well). I only have the alchemist 3 and enchanter 3 perks, but I'm on master right now with an armor rating of 1850 and it-isn't-even-funny-how-badly-I-will-mess-you-up weapons.

Does it FINALLY fix the Oghma Infinium glitch?

Clau

The Fateless One
Does that mean I can start a new game at legendary difficulty?

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
So instead of actually "15," it's kind of like "115?"
No. It's actually 15. Legendary Skills allows you to reset your skill to 15. All skills remain capped at 100.
You may be right. I'm stll reading about it and going from what others are saying...it's w/o limit. I need to load the game on my lap-top and test 1.9 beta for myself and see.
Character leveling has no limit. PC players have always had the ability to do this as we can set any of our skills to any level we want using console commands and can break the character level cap this way (and remove perks and add perks through console commands as well). 1.9 opens up this option to console players in a more limited way through the UI.

theoduck

If persimmons approach, Khajiit will smell them.
No. It's actually 15. Legendary Skills allows you to reset your skill to 15. All skills remain capped at 100.

Ah. Thanks for clearing that up. I'm trying to adjust Deadly Dragons/Monsters right now so the game is a bit more balanced. I'm already on Master diff and the only things that were hurting me at all were Falmer Warmongers.

Morgan

Poltergeists :) throwing your carefully and laboriously placed stuff around when you leave the house?

You may already know this, but in case not: a workaround for this is to take everything you want to place into your inventory, drop it on the floor, exit the house, save, and reload. After that, when you reenter the house you are free to manipulate (NOT take into your inventory) and place anything, and it will stay put. Read that on some random post somewhere and it saved me hours of headaches.

Oren74

ok, take this slow for the slow people in the crowd. (me!) So if I get 1H to 100. And I'm hitting with my Deadric Mace for 120 per swing...then a reset 1H back to 15, and which makes my 1H ability "legendary"...what is your estimate on how much damage I'll now do per swing?

FullmetalHeart20

Pretty sure it just resets the skill so you can keep leveling. That means you get more health, magicka, stamina, and perks. It doesn't really give more options in a specific class.

Gowsh

Old Fart
Pretty sure it just resets the skill so you can keep leveling. That means you get more health, magicka, stamina, and perks. It doesn't really give more options in a specific class.

I'm by no means an expert, but it sounds like it lets you keep leveling without changing the play style of your character.

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
I just used this feature on my PC.

I had 100 in Alchemy and 4 perk points spent. I reset that skill to 15, lost all 4 perks in Alchemy, and am now free to re-spend those four perk points anywhere else I choose to spend them.

That's how it works.

FullmetalHeart20

I had 100 in Alchemy and 4 perk points spent. I reset that skill to 15, lost all 4 perks in Alchemy, and am now free to re-spend those four perk points anywhere else I choose to spend them.

That's how it works.
What about when you level alchemy back up? Wouldn't it push you to level 82, 83, etcetera? Then you'd get more than 4 perks to spend.

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
What about when you level alchemy back up? Wouldn't it push you to level 82, 83, etcetera? Then you'd get more than 4 perks to spend.
I'm also no expert, but it sounds like you would eventually be able to max out all your perk trees if you so desired, or keep resetting skills to level up indefinitely.

Ritterkreuz

That's how it works.

It's the whole "getting the perks" back thing I don't like. I spent all that effort to get those perks in there, and now if I want to level up more using my more common skills I have to give them up? How about you let me keep the perks and just resent the level? Otherwise I'll have a high level character who can't behead people or wear his heavy armor as effectively again.

FullmetalHeart20

Consider it a trade off for being even more insanity powerful. Also, you still have your epic gear and health/magicka/stamina (is there an abbreviated version of that trifecta?).

Morgan

It's the whole "getting the perks" back thing I don't like. I spent all that effort to get those perks in there, and now if I want to level up more using my more common skills I have to give them up? How about you let me keep the perks and just resent the level? Otherwise I'll have a high level character who can't behead people or wear his heavy armor as effectively again.

Well, all but one of each perk tree has skill level requirements, so they'd have to reset all those anyway. I guess they could leave them there, but inactive, being reactivated if/when you achieved the appropriate skill level. But in practice, how is that different than giving you the perks back and letting you reallocate them? You can put them back in the same place if you want. The way it is done allows people who don't want to keep the same perks to reinvest them elsewhere. I see this as handy in the case of crafting especially, and would anticipate using it not as a way to over-level, but another mechanism through which to reallocate perks I wasn't going to use anymore.