• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Who will win this endless war?

• Band of Heroes

Votes: 6 75.0%
    • Thalmor

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

Parven

Harbinger of Nocturnal
    Parven returns to the cavern and walks over to Greklith "hey Greklith can you hear me are you okay" says Parven slipping a potion of cure poison into her hand he then leans against the wall of the cavern waiting for a response from Greklith or a sign the rest of the group have arrived

Boudica

English Yao Ming
    The forsworn grumbled something in his native, foreign tongue and gently pushed the redguard on the shoulder to try and get her back down to rest, (something that she did herself eventually anyway). He proceeded to roll his eyes at her question, she had been with him the majority of the way; did it look like he had had time to stop off and grab their foreign armours for them?
    Herne glared as the man returned and took the potion that he had placed in the redguards hand and threw it behind him into the large brazier. The plumes of red smoke that rose from the burning solution were heady and pungent and Herne almost gagged from its unfamiliar smell.

He didn't trust outsiders potions...
    Besides, since the sting itself had created such a hard, angry boil, a potion which one had to swallow would have done no good any way.

Instead, the forsworn trusted his own salves that he had learnt from his kindred shamans and healers. He continued to grind the pastes, gradually converting them from a gritty consistency to a smoother, buttery texture. There were three salves that he was tending to, each a different shade of red from a deep oxblood to a red that bordered on salmon pink - yet only one of them smelt, at least, a little pleasant.
    But he wasn't making them for air fresheners...

Taking one of the bowls, that was made out of the cap of a Nord skull, he wiped the caked blood off his hands on the stone edge of the altar and then dipped his fingers in the deep red solution. Then he took his dagger, slit the risen, swollen boil, created by the toxic stinger, just a little then proceded to clean the area with a clean, damp cloth and smear the smooth paste over the top afterwards, so it was able to be absorbed into the otherwise well protected area of festering toxicity.

He had just smeared salve of cure poison on the wound, a solution that he had seen the hagravens use on wounded warriors with great effect. It may have looked primitive but he had seen it in action before when dealing with posions.

The other two, in their similar skull cap bowls, were for later use in restoring and then fortifying the health of the wounded woman.

death raider

Thalmor Ambassador
    Greklith felt the smooth paste on her boil and a sence of joy crepted into her body and she felt better. She began to arise once more from the table and looked around the arae to see this was a forsworn camp and Greklith instantly felt unhappy with the surroundings as she despised most forsworn, but it seemed that the person who saved her was a forsworn so she had to atleast make an effort of being nice.
    " Thank you, but I am ok now whats happend as well I don't remember what happend so could someone please inform me." Greklith said giving out a yawn and began to futter her eyes.

Boudica

English Yao Ming
    Herne huffed and noted the distaste and distrust in the eyes of the Redguard when she observed her surroundings.

It wasn't a suprise to him that she disliked his people...not many people did...
    Yet, he could honestly say, he found it hard to care any less; his debt was fufilled despite his doubts of her being better so quickly.

He rubbed the paste off in his hands, "your friends, "he started as he moved around the altar to where the discarded deer carcass from earlier now lay, "will be arriving shortly, speak to that one." He hauled the deer over his shoulder despite the large weight and jerked his head towards Parven as he walked to a far wall and started to deal with the deer accordingly - keeping his eyes on the strangers whilst he skinned the beat with short, savage strokes of his knife.

death raider

Thalmor Ambassador
    Greklith stood up and looked at the forsworn and his desperation for Greklith to leave him alone and just talk to the others. The forsworn was doing going about his gruesome business skinning an anomal and his place he was staying at was filled with carcases which had a grotesque smell of blood coming form it.
    " So whats your name?" Greklith asked with othority adressing the man trying to get az much information out of him as possible.

Boudica

English Yao Ming
    Herne was suprised when the woman approached, even more so when she addressed him with such authority. He actually fought back a chuckle and bit his teeth together in a tight, unsettling smile.

The forsworn proceeded to rattle off dozens of names, mostly in his own language but eventually looked up from his butchery and straight at the redguard; his expression stern once again.

"Forsworn," he spat some saliva out onto the floor to the side of him as he started sawing on the head of the deer to sever it with the serrated instrument he held. "I prefer not to speak this filthy nord langauge, can you not just thank me for saving your head and go 'mingle' with your comrade?"

death raider

Thalmor Ambassador
    Greklith despised people making fun of her and Greklith showed her menacing teeth which would rip the throat of the forsworn easily. She looked at the forsworn and was desperate to throw a knife through the forsworns heart, but he saved her life and she had to atleast apreciate what he did.
    " Right tell me your name or I will string you by your balls and rip out your unholy throat and then do the same to you that you do to these animals and then preserve your body and stuff you!" Greklith said giving the man an evil smile which would usually send people into a frenzy before she killed them.

Boudica

English Yao Ming
    The grip he held on the jagged, primal weapon tightened considerably and he licked his teeth with his mouth shut, tasting the blood which was still clinging to them after he had bitten the elf's tongue out on the battlefield. He smirked because of the taste and then stood, holding the severed deers head by one antler in his left hand as the drained out of it.

"You think by threatening me, you will gain co-operation?" He impaled the deers head onto a mammoth spine attached to a pair of gigantic ribs nearby and rubbed his hands, smearing the blood over them. "You would be sorely mistaken outsider, lest you forget I could have left you writhing like a bruised babe to those insects.."

He thumbed clean each individual tooth that adorned his bloody blade as he maintained cold eye contact.

death raider

Thalmor Ambassador
    "You know making an enemy of me is as about the stupidist thing you could do and the only reason you still stand alive is because you saved me and I thank you for that, but it's not the first time I have a killed someone who helped me and it certainly won't be the last!" Greklith said hissing at the man with pure anger and resentment.
    " Anyway we should not fight as none of us are the enemy. So "forswon" have you got any others you know who could help us or are the forsworn finally all dead exept from you!" Greklith said giving the man a stern look still wanting to kill him.

Boudica

English Yao Ming
    His face contorted with anger as he bent to pick up the twin to the sword in his hand; controlling himself so much so that he suprised himself. He muttered curses and profanities in his own native tongue before stretching back up and standing proudly.

"I doubt any of my kinsmen would help someone who treats one of their own with such disdain and scorn, and believe you me, " he stepped forward almost threateningly, "there are worse in these hills than the Thalmor...so, " and then he quoted her;

"You know, making an enemy out of me is about the stupidest thing you could do and the only reason you are still alive is because you saved me."

death raider

Thalmor Ambassador
    " You know what I hate more than Thalmor it's ignorent people who live like dogs! Your a a discrace to creation your all evil scum, but as I said you are not the enemy and we have to kill the Thalmor! It's fine if you want your lands to be invaded and your people getting killed, because that will happen trust me the Thalmor are growing in strength every day and they will kill anyone who gets in their way so are you going to help us or not? I f not fine we will just give the Thalmor your locations and lets just hope for your sake you get away in time!" Greklith said with such rage she stormed off without even hearing the answer taking some meatb on her way out and a sword just in case she didn't have enough weapons already as she loat a few back in the nords camp which made her more vunerable.

Boudica

English Yao Ming
    "My lands invaded? My people killed?" He roared at the back of her head, "do you know who the forsworn are! People who have to pillage there own land and burn our own ground because it was taken over by those filthy cowards that call themselves nords!"

He burned with rage, his blood boiling in his veins and, snatching up a bone axe, he launched it, with deadly accuracy, into the deer fetish that stood near the entrance which the redguard was leaving by.
    "You believe you have something to offer me? Something that good that it will have me and my people work with the very race we are the scourge of?!"

death raider

Thalmor Ambassador
    Greklith turned her head to the forsworn glaring at him with hatrid.
    " Offer! Offer! Isn't getting rid of the Thalmor enough for you or are you just so stubborn that you wnat more?" Greklith said trying to calm herself and trying not to retriving the axe and throwing it at the mans head.
    " If we get Markarth back you can keep it is that fair?" Greklith said in soothing voice keeping herself calm.

Boudica

English Yao Ming
    "I want many things, " he growled as he attempted to calm himself, "but my people need avenging and our lands need returning to us...and I shall settle for that..." he didn't sheathe his weapons however, "...for now."

"But now," Herne cast a furious look at both of them, the silent male stranger and this irritating woman, "leave, before I gut you like sacrificial goats," this time around he sheathed his weapons and moved over to the burning brazier, "you will know by tonight whether you have my aid or not."

MR-WIKI-96

I know all! I am the WIKI!
    Vincent had been silent for most of the trip since the attack of the giant wasps. Vincent did not know where the Thalmor had received the giant wasps, but it had became clear that the Thalmor were getting stronger. Vincent got his stuff back from the rebels that stole it earlier. He was glad to have gotten back his Thief armor that he wore with pride and passion.

The group had received aid from a Forsworn man of the Reach. Vincent was very pleased to see his fellow Bretons but the group were not as accepting as he was. On the course to the Forsworn camp, he saw many things on the way. Forsworn tents, armor and weapons all about the place. The Native Reachmen stared at the newcomers, not taking to kind to strangers. Vincent had his hood up so they did not see that he was a Breton.

Vincent respected the Reachmen. He respected how they refuse to give up their lands and rights. It shows that they take pride in what they truly own. The Breton thief has ancestors that date back to the Reach. He's proud of his bloodline. The fact that a part of him was Forsworn made him feel dignified.

They had reached a cavern where the kind Reachman healed Greklith after the battle with the wasps. The Redguard was stung pretty bad after the battle. Luckily the Reachman managed to heal Greklith of her wounds. The ancient Forsworn medicine ways worked wonders on the sting wound. Vincent wished that she would come with us and fight but alas, the blindsided views of his comrades has made it impossible for the Reachman to join the fight.

Vincent watched as the group and the Reachman bicker like wild dogs over a bone. Vincent was as silent as a mouse, watching the argument go back and forth. Vincent did not know why he was just watching this but he knew that he must intervene. He doesn't want to reveal that he is a Forsworn sympathizer, he worries that the group will see him differently if he does reveal this information.

But Vincent couldn't stand the arguing so he gives a thought and walks up to the middle of them with his hood down to reveal to the Reachman his race. fluff it, he thought.

This is getting ridiculous! He looks to Greklith with anger. These people have chosen to take you in and help you and all you can do is insult them! They chose to live this way because they are proud of who they are, they know that this land was originally theirs! I respect these people and their ways. So what if they chose to live differently. Is it really your place to tell them to chose differently!? He then points to the Reachman. This man chose to help you and heal your wounds. He could have left you back there to die! Vincent placed his hand down and spoke in a calmer tone. So how about you stop arguing and start being thankful for their help at least. He then walks up to the Reachman and stops near him. He turns his head back to Greklith. We are only guests in their home. They can chose what they want to do with us. Remember that.

He then faced back towards the Reachman. I apologize for my friends remarks. I myself do not mean you any harm. I thank you for taking us in and healing my friend here. I do not judge your ways or traditions. My ancestry dates back to me being part of the Forsworn. I am proud of that and I have evidence of this.

He then places his hand on his heart and speaks.

Heart of thorn... bones of the wild... in life, Forsworn...
    ...rise from death, Blood of our Blood.

This is the Briar ceremony words. You recognize this, do you not?

Boudica

English Yao Ming
    Herne was incredibly suprised, stepping back a little out of pure, overwhelming shock that this man had unhooded himself and shown himself to be of kin to him. A breton, and a seemingly proud one at that.

The revelation and his natural respect for his kin caused him to be silent throughout his speech to the redguard woman and his apology to which Herne could only nod his head in acknowledgement; keeping his expression serious and stoic. Despite this man not being a fellow clansman, he respected his courage and strength in the act of opposing a comrade and when he showed knowledge of the sacred ritual words - Herne grabbed hold of the hide that covered his chest and lifted it; showing, for the first time to these strangers, the crudely sown up cavity which housed a thorny briarheart.

"You know the words kinsman?...Then you know they are not to be spoken of lightly..." He scolded, but something of his tone betrayed the respect with which he held the other breton in. "You honour you ancestors...however the company which you keep is...in doubt by all spirits..."

He replaced the hide over his torso, the bones clinking against each other with the movement and the grip with which he held his weaponry relaxed. Then he spoke to the newcomer in their common tongue, asking "Is this cause...really worth me shedding my lifeblood for?"

death raider

Thalmor Ambassador
    Greklith stared at Vincent in absolute shock at this new information and also how he had talked to her, but Vincent was a friend and she didn't want to make enemies with others.
    " So your... forsworn? Well thats some information you could have shared earlier, but no you make me look like a fool!" Greklith said with great harshness in her voice.

MR-WIKI-96

Vincent looked at the Reachman with pride in his heart and on his face. He was about to reply but heard Greklith's comment and then turned to her. Technically, I am not a Reachman. I just have bloodlines that date back to these people. I'm a sympathizer and I respect these people. He then turned back to the Reachman.

I understand your annoyance at me saying those words before. Forgive me for repeating them. It be the only way that I can prove that I am true kinsman.

You have had troubles with Nords in the past, I understand that. But the Thalmor are a thousand times worse than the Nords. They have massive armies at their disposal and if they reach your home then, forgive me for saying this, you will lose everything.

We are planning to put a stop to these monsters and we need your help. Your expertise in witchcraft and alchemy will aid us well in our battle.

So I ask you from one Breton to another, please join us in our campaign against the evil that, if not stopped, will wipe out everything you believe in. If we stop the Thalmor then you will be recognized as a hero among Skyrim and influence on the Reach will come easier...

...I promise you...friend.

Boudica

English Yao Ming
    Herne, despite his outward brutality and callous cruelty, was an intelligent man and listened to the words with more thought than he would do if any other race had tried persauding him. He knew of the Thalmor threat, but had thought of them as little more of a nuisance than the nords...however with this new information...he began to comprehend the scale of the threat he and his fellow people were facing.

At least the nords, as much as it ate at him to admit, were men...he would not stand for his land, his Reach, to become dominion of the elves and their ilk. That would be one more thing, he would not stand.

He nodded again, granting forgiveness freely as the cause of saying the sacred words was a true one and could be easily understood. The Reachman looked down at the blades in his hands, running his thumbs over the sinews and binds that held the deadly weapons together; he felt their sudden heaviness, seemingly mirroring his own thirst for elven blood and Altmer heads on pikes and spears.

Returning his eyes to his fellow breton, he nodded once again and broke into an almost disturbing smile.
    "My people, hunger for retribution, and I sense that allying myself with you, I will be helping to sate theirs and their ancestors appetites for these foreign scum..."

He offered a freely bleeding hand, that had been cut on one of the swords, out to the Breton in some form of primitive blood pact, "I offer my aid, as kinsman and on my honour as forsworn."

MR-WIKI-96

Vincent looked at the Reachman's blood pact offering. In return he did the same. He placed his right hand outward and summoned a bound sword using his magic. He took the sword to his left hand and cut the palm of it, making it bleed. He held his breath in to keep the pain in. He then made the bound sword in his right hand, disappear in an instant. He placed his left hand out and shook it with the fellow kinsman. He was proud and felt honored to be making a blood pact with his distant bloodline relatives. He had never thought that he would be doing this but he's gracious and dignified to be doing so.

He shook the Reachman's hand with respect and spoke. Thank you for joining our cause and thank you for this honor, kinsman. I hope you will not be bullied by my friends... I'm sorry, but I didn't quite catch your name before.