Ten Things Christians & Atheists Can & Must Agree On

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Omega Dragon

10 Things Christians and Atheists Can (And Must) Agree On | Cracked.com

The war that's coming between the fundamentalist Christians and the hard-core Atheists probably won't be the most violent of the holy wars. But it has the potential to be the most annoying. Well, I'm going to try to stop it.
So I'm running into this guy basically everywhere I go:

killhimagain.jpg

Not that exact guy. People like him. I recognize the type, I had to spend the whole first half of my life around the Christian version of those guys, people who worked it into every conversation. But now I'm running into these really aggressive, sort of evangelical atheists. Ever since 9/11/2001, in fact. The exact day a whole lot of atheists decided this religion thing had to go before it killed us all.

Medea

The Shadow Queen
I think it's a good article, except I disagree with one thing: that we have to view either side as legitimately offensive. Some religious types are offensive to me, as are some atheists, but most are civil people. Besides, I'm not religious or an atheist. I'm an agnostic, so I'm better than both of them. haha! Now THAT was offensive.

Omega Dragon

I think it's a good article, except I disagree with one thing: that we have to view either side as legitimately offensive. Some religious types are offensive to me, as are some atheists, but most are civil people.

Hmm, I didn't see it saying or implying that we must see the other side as legitimately offensive.

Besides, I'm not religious or an atheist. I'm an agnostic, so I'm better than both of them. haha! Now THAT was offensive.

I've to agree, even as the theist I am, that agnosticism is the better position to take.

Medea

The Shadow Queen
Hmm, I didn't see it saying or implying that we must see the other side as legitimately offensive.

I was talking about number 5. They said your "point of view is legitimately offensive to the other side". I don't agree with that. I've been in several debates with religious types that were level-headed and presented strong, intelligent arguments without offending me, and I try to be as civil as possible with people I disagree with too.

Omega Dragon

I was talking about number 5. They said your "point of view is legitimately offensive to the other side". I don't agree with that. I've been in several debates with religious types that were level-headed and presented strong, intelligent arguments without offending me, and I try to be as civil as possible with people I disagree with too.

Oh!

I think what was meant was that're going to be those on either side that'll feel legitimately offended by something. Not that anyone necessarily is, but that it simply happens.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
If there's one thing I hate about this religious cold war aside from the intolerant, hardcore Atheists, it's the intolerant, hardcore Christians. I hate this.

Anyway, reading the article now. This makes a lot of good points.

Soloquendi

Pastor of Muppets
People are individuals. You can't put them into neat little categories and label them "Christian" or "Atheist" and think that explains the sum or their being.

Now I don't care whether someone is religious. It's the ones who are religious because of fear that I worry about. Fear of death, fear of being wrong, fear of the other. Fear, fear, fear, fear. Fear is the mother of hate and the father of violence.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts