• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

rvk5150

So I have Breezehome; love everything about it except that it is limited. I have a few ideas/suggestions:

1. Allow for more purchase upgrades like weapon racks, armor racks, bookshelves, chests (the fancy ones you often find in caves/dungeons), Enchanter's Table...etc.

2. Allow for fast travel to and from your home(s).

I had a few others but off the top of my head I cannot think of them right now; I have heard about the homes in other cities and how they have more things you can do...I am not interested in buying several homes and remembering what has what...I think you should be able to max out each one individually should you choose to.

My .02

Verses

house in riften has every upgrade there is available and it perfect if you ask me
same goes for the archmage's quarters.

but if you could get more weapon racks etc. the houses would become to crowded, there would not be any space to move anymore:p

rvk5150

I know I officially "own" the Archmage quarters having completed that quest but who do you speak to about upgrading it? Is it really safe to store things?

I am greedy; I hate the idea of spending gold on another home and having to remember what it where in case I need something; despite having over 120k in gold and nothing to spend on, LOL.

Verses

the archmage quarters comes fully upgraded, and yes even if you put stuff on the floor they will not disappear
(i filled up an entire room in my house in riften with gems and other valuables and they haven't disappeared so it's safe to store things in houses)

and then there's this, i don't endorse usage of glitches and exploits. but if you want to use it go ahead

(it shows you how to get free houses and upgrades, and it works according to many people)

Train

Is that all you got?!
Only house I haven't tried yet is the one in Riften, so I can't speak for it, but the largest armory I've seen so far is the one in Windhelm: Hjerim. There's tons of weapon racks, even the display cases aren't regular, they're racks as well (nice racks :D). There's three mannequins, even dagger display cases, and it has the most stocked alchemy and enchanting room I think...plus there's three more weapon racks down there as well...what do they expect you to do? Start a war or something? Oh, and lots of book shelves, too many bookshelves, M'aiq doesn't want any more....

Verses

Only house I haven't tried yet is the one in Riften, so I can't speak for it, but the largest armory I've seen so far is the one in Windhelm: Hjerim. There's tons of weapon racks, even the display cases aren't regular, they're racks as well (nice racks :D). There's three mannequins, even dagger display cases, and it has the most stocked alchemy and enchanting room I think...plus there's three more weapon racks down there as well...what do they expect you to do? Start a war or something? Oh, and lots of book shelves, too many bookshelves, M'aiq doesn't want any more....

hjerim is the biggest in the entire game
the one in riften is very small, but you can get to everything fast...that's why i like it :)

Golgo_SPB

well I believe Breezehome was intended to be a "starter" home so I can see why it's limited. If you just want to display weapons Hjerim is the best bet.

XbSuper

Hjerim is the best for displaying items, but vlindrel hall in markarth is my personal favorite for the layout.

Mi-Ilu Yahaz

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
the archmage quarters comes fully upgraded, and yes even if you put stuff on the floor they will not disappear...
If you put stuff on the floor in the Arch Mage's Quarters and don't revisit the area for 30 days they will disappear. The Arch Mage's Quarters is a bit odd in that it's as close to a No Reset area as you can find in Skyrim without actually being one. All the containers are safe because the barrels and sacks and chest are are different than normal barrels, sacks and chests. In the Creation Kit they have Editor ID's like "BarrelFood01_NoRespawn" and are not flagged to respawn. The cell, however, has no designated Encounter Zone and therefore is not a No Reset area so any items left loose will be lost when the cell respawns.

Verses

If you put stuff on the floor in the Arch Mage's Quarters and don't revisit the area for 30 days they will disappear. The Arch Mage's Quarters is a bit odd in that it's as close to a No Reset area as you can find in Skyrim without actually being one. All the containers are safe because the barrels and sacks and chest are are different than normal barrels, sacks and chests. In the Creation Kit they have Editor ID's like "BarrelFood01_NoRespawn" and are not flagged to respawn. The cell, however, has no designated Encounter Zone and therefore is not a No Reset area so any items left loose will be lost when the cell respawns.
Oh well i didn't know that, but i visit frequently so i assumed nothing dissappeard.

Sorry for the wrong information:sadface:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts