Suggestions for The Elder Scrolls 6

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Panthera

Don Gato
I love these ideas! I always wondered why an assassin couldn't throw daggers. ALL assassins can throw daggers. Particularly with Khajit and some Dunmers the acrobatics would be so appropriate. Starting at zero is a great idea too. That would make the initial leveling up so much more gratifying.
Well they had throwing knives and stars in Morrowind. But they disappeared like arrows do, not to mention better quality of knives were expensive.

My love for TES games began when I saw you can be a cat race - Khajiit.

And Khajiit was always my 1st choice for making character in Morrowind, Oblivion and now Skyrim. Basically whenever new game was introduced 1st thing I do is to checkout Khajiit. But in every game it didn't... still doesn't feel right that every race can be good in acrobatics (skill in TES III & IV) as Khajiit is when you reach 100. So basically the only difference are looks and special powers they have. It would be awesome when Khajiit would be superior in Sneak than any other race when reached 100th lvl in that skill... or Bosmer (Wood Elf) to be superior in Marksmanship (Archery) or Orc in smithing... and so on.

FudgeMuppet

- I would love to see more factions, factions changing your status and reputation differently with different people, different endings within factions, and more consequences based of your choices throughout the whole game.
- Less babying (if you fail a quest objective then don't make it like you can just re-do it, make your outcome at the end less desirable, don't make the map markers super obvious, sure don't just give us a journal like morrowind but at least don't say "find the book in the room" and put the damn marker where the book is.
- I would like attributes again, so characters can be more diverse, DON'T mainstream characters because if it wasn't for roleplaying people are actually able to do all storylines and have every perk and have unlimited stats (1.9 update) which totally ruins the purpose of having multiple characters WHICH I LOVE and therefore I now have a Skyrim Character Builds channel on youtube.
- I would love to see more unique race bonuses like morrowind where races DO have big drawbacks but also BIG advantages like in previous elder scrolls games.
- In terms of location, it may sound weird but hear me out. Now although the Skyrim storyline should be finished (WHICH IT SHOULD'VE BEEN IN DLC BUT BETHESDA GOT LAZY AND AREN'T DOING DLC'S) I think that ES6 should actually be in Morrowind and Blackmarsh. Ok now this would be HUGE it would allow for a MASSIVE map and some FLARE. Spice things up Bethesda! Why make the next game in a modern world medieval themed place. Games like Witcher and MMO's will be doing this! If ES6 wants to be BIG, to do well, it's got to be DIFFERENT. People loved Morrowind! And it was because of the environment, the atmosphere, and that perfect mix of cultural elements that gave it such an alien feel. BLACKMARSH would be perfect for this. So mysterious and unique, especially considering argonians and dark elves have huge fanbases.
Besthesda, have some testicular fortitude, and make the next elder scrolls really out there, unique, and fl*ffing awesome!
- Michael

Panthera

Don Gato
- I would love to see more factions, factions changing your status and reputation differently with different people, different endings within factions, and more consequences based of your choices throughout the whole game.
- Less babying (if you fail a quest objective then don't make it like you can just re-do it, make your outcome at the end less desirable, don't make the map markers super obvious, sure don't just give us a journal like morrowind but at least don't say "find the book in the room" and put the damn marker where the book is.
- Michael

I agree on that... Like I said in many other threads I wish that I wouldn't be a Guild master in every guild there is... Not to mention that Guild Master can be weaker than apprantence in some guild.

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
1 - Different consequences thru my actions
2 - Able to build special arrows ( like the bolts in Dawnguard )
3 - More weapon / armors and black hoods and more difficult enemies
4 - Able to wear 2 rings and be able to enchant them of course
5 - More real life, if you get tired, you must sleep, if you get hungry, you must to eat, etc
6 - More women to choose from to marry to ( all of them - not limit )
7 - ONLY one house that you can build wherever you want and the way you wanted ( more layouts to choose from )
8 - Able to have your own guard in your house + steward + follower
9 - Able to shout shock not only fire and ice
10 - More conversation options to direct your follower as you please
11 - One wife and mistresses ( as it was before in that era ) and implicit sex with them
12 - Smoke. We only have drinks so far.

:bluedragon:

berzum

Why is the alto wine always gone?
1 - Different consequences thru my actions
2 - Able to build special arrows ( like the bolts in Dawnguard )
3 - More weapon / armors and black hoods and more difficult enemies
4 - Able to wear 2 rings and be able to enchant them of course
5 - More real life, if you get tired, you must sleep, if you get hungry, you must to eat, etc
6 - More women to choose from to marry to ( all of them - not limit )
7 - ONLY one house that you can build wherever you want and the way you wanted ( more layouts to choose from )
8 - Able to have your own guard in your house + steward + follower
9 - Able to shout shock not only fire and ice
10 - More conversation options to direct your follower as you please
11 - One wife and mistresses ( as it was before in that era ) and implicit sex with them
12 - Smoke. We only have drinks so far.

:bluedragon:
well these sound good but with no. 12, it would have to be tobacco, mostly because the rating boards are arse holes, and yes i know some games have "recreational drugs" but usualy those games aren't main stream (exception was saints row and GTA series). if they make another tes, I don't know if shouts will be in there or not, they may take you back in time b4 the age of dragon, doubt it though, but they could you never know. and i do agree with consequences, I just don't want the next tes game to be like fable, thats my worst fear, i like fable but tes and fable combined would be horrible. they do need more weapon and armor choices i will agree on that lol.
One thing that I would like to be implemented is when a skill reaches lvl 100, there should be a special abilty for achieving lvl 100 based on the race, ex: when lets say an orc reaches 100 in smithing they are then able to forge a set of armor that only an orc with 100 black smithing can wear and make. same for all races it would make you want to try out new races instead of going with what's "god like" or maybe when a character reaches 100 in 1 handed that race can wield a certian weapon style/ look that reflects the race so an orcs 1 handed weapon might be a nasty looking maze while a kajit's might be a more sneaky stealthy looking long dagger.
thats just my idea for the next tes game.

Twiffle

This is a great thread with some great ideas and a few lame ones, However its doesnt matter what we say we want in the future because the next ES (if they do one) will be evem worse than Skyrim due to the dumbing down of the game and its contents, just to give you an example, there are no consequences in Skyrim, in other words you cant lose, in Oblivion you could lose by not being wise and choosing the correct dialogue, In Morrowind your choice of faction dictated your standing in the game and made it you couldnt join another faction/guild, these are just a couple of examples of the game being dumbed down for the console user new to the RP genre, and before you console users shout at me i play it on XBOX360. The problem we have is since its introduction to the console player Bethesda has discovered that dumbing the game down has reaped huge amounts of new players which resulted in massive revenue and profit for the company, so the only way the series will go is down and could possibly result in a game that us the fans of this great series will not recognise.

But i suppose even i can be wishful so ill just put a few ideas forward for the next game.

Id love it to be set around the Dwarven culture either in the future or past.

Staffs that you can make yourself depending on the relevant skill in the magic required and enchanting skill.
also be nice if you could block with a staff as in Oblivion and use smithing to repair if needed.

As i said above, lets have some consequences for our actions regarding guilds/factions and make it really difficult to enter, either by a series of quests which have consequences and at least a relevant amount of skill in that guild. For example for the mages before you can become the Boss you should have atleast 3 magic skills of 75 or above and a similar requirment for a fighting guild etc etc.

Please Bethesda if your watching can you give us spell naming back so i can name creations.

Well thats my 2 cents, probably lots will disagree with the beginning statement and prob give me lots of bad rep,

02S

Maybe someone should send this thread to Bethesda? (I don't know if they read the forums). They've listened to the fans before so maybe they will pick up some ideas.

Personally, I hope TES 6 will take place in Hammerfell, because the redguards are cool and I think the desert-like landscape will be refreshing after Skyrim.

But here are some suggestions for TES 6 in general (it's a bit long):

1. Better environment
What I'd like to see in TES 6 is a more inspiring environment. Skyrim is basically a web of roads that connects cities, mines, ruins, bandit camps and farms together, but in the end they are all the same.
Every city has the same shops, a temple and a jarl's house. Every farm has a boring farmer who pays 1 gold for every potato you give him. Every mine has the same miners, with maybe a quest to fetch a shield in a cave that looks familiar to all caves you've previously visited, with the same spiders you've seen from the moment you started the game.
It'd be cool if there where more unique structures in the world. Like a giant bridge across a ravine that separates two parts of the province. You'd have to pay a fee to cross the bridge and when you look down from it you see a river flowing, like hundreds of meters below you. Or a forest that is like a real forest; big with few roads and full of animals and some hunters.

320px-Bridge_of_Eldin_2.jpg

A bridge in Zelda Twilight Princess

Skyrim feels also very empty. The only place where people live is in villages or cities. All the castles you find are occupied by bandits. Why are there no castles with a lord and his family? So you can rest on your journey (if they let you in) and ask about the area around his castle. Or trade with his blacksmith.

Better shops: all shops are the same, the merchants don't sell weapons that are better, or more unique that I can make. Make merchants have unique merchandise, like a shop with a type of weapon you can't find as loot or create yourself (crossbow shop?). Don't pin down a shop to a certain type; no more trader, blacksmith or alchemy shop but more unique shops.
Add difference in horse prices and types, better/stronger/faster horses are more expensive.

In short:
- More unique structures, like a giant bridge or castle that is owned by a (friendly) lord
- Better shops with unique merchandise that can't be created or found in the world

2. More dialogue/more character and better reputation system
How it is in skyrim:
- Most people say the same two lines over and over
- There isn't a single person with some kind of remarkable character
- Every trader, blacksmith and innkeeper says the same
- It doesn't matter what you are, people always treat you the same (except guards, but they are the only exception)
- Every person in the game seems to be dead, you are the only one that changes; there are never new children born, no-one ever gets married everyone stays at the same place and keeps doing the same things forever. I'd be surprised if a courier came to me to give me an invitation for a wedding tomorrow.

What I'd like in TES 6:
- More dialogue for people. Let bartenders tell stories for example.
- Random changes to npc's lives that can occur to every npc (marriage, child being born, moving to a new house, etc)
- Give people more character, let them be friends with you (instead of just 'A favorite drinking buddy')
- Be able to gain a status in the world, so people fear you/adore you

3. Arena
Skyrim missed an arena. This is just simple to add. You apply, you fight and you win or loose. If you win you get money, otherwise you lose money. Make different opponents, from sellswords to knights in full armor (ebony warrior?). If you win a lot you gain a reputation (as I mentioned before). Also make more than one arena (like three, spread in three different cities) with different types of battle (1vs1, 2vs2) and different terrain.
the-elder-scrolls-iv-oblivion-20060322060914039-000.jpg

4. Caravan
If TES 6 is in hammerfell, it'd be cool to have be able to travel with a caravan through the desert (because of safety). Similar to the Dothraki caravan in Game of Thrones. The caravan consists of about 8 people, with horses and carriages, and they set up a camp at night.

5. Boats
There were boats in Skyrim, but they never moved (to be honest, I've yet to play Dragonborn and Dawnguard, so I'm not sure on that). Make the player able to buy a boat and control it, search for his own crew (you can choose out of the followers). Make the boat upgradable, with weapons like a ballista and more sails.
Like in Monster Hunter Tri:

mqdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

6. Co-op gameplay
One thing that Skyrim lacked was the ability to show your character to your friends, in some co-op way. And since the only npc's that complement your armor are guards, it was less satisfying to get good gear.
If TES 6 takes place in Hammerfell for example, there should be a harbor where you can take a ship to the Imperial City (or an Island) for example. The (Imperial) City would be a hub for players with like a maximum of 60 players per server (or less, I don't know what'd fit). The only problem is that the server list would be a bit gamebreaking, if you suddenly had to pick a server name. So instead of server names, you choose a date of which you want to arrive. For example '1rst of Frostfall' is the name of a server and you tell your friend to go to the Imperial City (or whatever place it'll be) at the 1rst of Frostfall.
Then you can meet him in the city and depart on a quest together, where it'd load the world outside of the city with only you and your friends in it (again a bit like the online system of Monster Hunter). The quest can be like 'Kill the bandits at this fort', or 'Go to this ruin', just like the quests in single player.
There should also be message system where you can also send letters instead of only receiving them by courier.

That's it for now, I've got more ideas, like bigger cities and better combat but I've got to stop now :)

Baan Dar

This thread is making me very mad. First thing's first, you know underwater combat and flight? Those were in the last two games. Being able to attack while jumping, sprinting, and flying? Last two games. Enchanted Arrows and Throwing Weapons? Last two- no wait, just Morrowind. Long and difficult guild quest-lines that required you to be powerful and specialized (or simply forced you into specialization themselves)? That was in the last two games too! As for starting out as a prisoner: Four of the five elder scrolls games start you out as a prisoner, although the terms of your release have been different each time, sot that's probably never gonna change. As for mounts . . .

If the game were set in the Summerset isles, we would most definitely have flying mounts, as the replacement for horses there are these biologically giant, less-annoying, majesticly colored cliff-racers. If it were set in Elsweyr, the pahmar would be ridable, although seeing as they are a khajiit subrace, you'd have to befriend one as a follower, not buy it as a mount. If it were set in Valenwood, you'd have a whole host of gigantic critters of all shapes and sizes (although most aren't airborne) to ride. I personally think that the next game will be set in the entire Aldmeri Dominion (Which is basically all three provinces above).

On Depth: Save in Arena and Daggerfall, the depth in an elder scrolls game has always been paper thin. It sometimes gives the illusion of depth, such as in Morrowind and Skyrim, but these facades are easily torn down. If Bethesda made the next elder scrolls game deep, I would forgive them for all the features they took out (most of which have been requested as New features in this forum).

Did you know that in the previous games, you could make your own spells? Now this feature is iffy, seeing as with the new locked down system (on the PC at least), spell mods have become absolutely brilliant because of the original spell effects added. If spell-making were returned, then these mods, and their crazysauce spells, would cease to exist. A way you could remedy this problem is if you do away with premade spells entirely, and have your character collect a series of pure Magical Effects which are pretty weak on their own unless refined and/or combined into a spell. Spells should also have separate equip slot, and the collection of each Magic Effect should be part of a small, profound radiant quest.

Also, introduce thieves tools (not just lockpicks), and make light important for sneaking. Sound has to be made more obviously important as well.

On the subject of big monsters: The reason skyrim doesn't have big monsters is because they simply don't exist in the same magnitude. Now if you were to go to, say, Valenwood or Elsweyr or the Summerset Isles (hint! hint!), Big monsters would be in abundance. Except close to cities, which are far more developed than Skyrim's.

Each weapon type needs custom attack animations, attacks need to be slower and have more impact force (think skyrim's fireball x10), the weapons from the previous games (yes they were all in the previous games) MUST be returned to the core game (i.e: Crossbows, Battle Staffs, Four different kinds of Katana, Spears, Halberds, Glaives throwing weapons), and the way you equip your weapons/spells must change again. Maybe something a little like the equipping system in Dark Souls or Amalur (I'M NOT TALKING DIFFICULTY, I'M TALKING EQUIPMENT SYSTEM. ELDER SCROLLS DIFFICULTY IS MORE OR LESS UNIMPORTANT). That way, arcane archers and two-handed spellswords will become viable again.
If the Elder scrolls wants to keep the Console community happy, they need to revamp these parts of the combat.

Third person needs to be finished this time around. No more disappearing left hand weapons and staves. Bugs are fine. Just not this.

You know the Civil War? Bethesda actually had a LOT of plans for it. It was going to be a dynamic campaign for holds, where you could actually battle for each hold individually. This didn't make it into the game for time reasons, as did a great many things (spears were supposed to return), so Bethesda just has to do one easy thing to implement these features into the next game: Don't Announce Elder Scrolls VI until it's almost completely finished ('cept for dem' bugs, we'll forgive it for being ridiculously buggy).

Panthera

Don Gato
Open cities without loading screens too if possible.

And more people! Cities and villages should bankrupt how many guards they have considering small amount of people support the city/village.

Darth Brogan

Sith Lord
I think that if TES 6 takes place a lot further into the future, it would be cool if the snow elves evolved back from the falmer. Also, they need a dwemer uprising. Perhaps the dwemer were actually sent forward in time, like Alduin, and then they're showing up during this game. If neither of those are included, they should make the main plot revolve around the Thalmor, that would be disappointing if they just kind of faded away.

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
More missions, more weapons ( customizable ) and armors, more enemies and stronger, more places to go and discover, more conversation options and commands to your followers, Shock shout ability and be able to build your own palace anywhere you want ( only one ) and be able to customize it. There are thousands of things, but I think those will please me enough. Just my 2 cents ... ;)

Baan Dar

I think that if TES 6 takes place a lot further into the future, it would be cool if the snow elves evolved back from the falmer. Also, they need a dwemer uprising. Perhaps the dwemer were actually sent forward in time, like Alduin, and then they're showing up during this game. If neither of those are included, they should make the main plot revolve around the Thalmor, that would be disappointing if they just kind of faded away.

The dwemer reduced their physical bodies to ash in the first era, there is no dispute there, but whatever happened to their souls? I think that when the dwemer return (which would be perfect for a TES game in the Dominion) they will be coming from some plane of oblivion, with new and most likely improved bodies and technology. Also they'd probably stop being so stubborn and start using magic just to make themselves crazy powerful.

As for the falmer, they are regressing back into their true forms, and they're planning to retake the surface in Skyrim. Soooooooooooooo . . . if the next game is set, oh say, fifty to two hundred years in the future, both these races (falmer definitely) will make a stunning and catastrophic return. Also, one of them will be playable, equalizing the amount of human and meric races.

Edgeheaded

Dunmer Warrior
I sure do hope ESO will have single-player. :sadface: I mean I don't want to spend money on the game then spend another 5 dollars for a month just to play the actual game.

Baan Dar

I sure do hope ESO will have single-player. :sadface: I mean I don't want to spend money on the game then spend another 5 dollars for a month just to play the actual game.

The way that the mega-server works is that you are grouped with people who have the same mindset as you. So it won't be as suffocating as other MMO's, but unless you're phased, it won't be singleplayer. The payment model is actually very out in the air, because of GW2 which is still going strong thanks to lore friendly unintrusive micro-transactions.

Baan Dar

Also personally, if it were just $1 a month, then I'd be alright with a subscription fee.

Edgeheaded

Dunmer Warrior
Also personally, if it were just $1 a month, then I'd be alright with a subscription fee.

You need to pay to pay 5 dollars for multiplayer on the PS3 which I would've been fine with paying but I can't for a certain reason, so does that mean I can play ESO at all without paying the extra 5$?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts