Suggestions for The Elder Scrolls 6

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Nameless233

I would like to see different ways to play the war/main questlines. Such as if the stormcloaks recruited you as an assassin, you would be sneaking around enemy lines taking out important targets that affect the war effort, or a tactician who decides what happens, where it happens and when

HelloMyNameIsEd

He-Who-Killed-Ulfric-Stormcloak-With-A-Broom
I'd like to have differing kinds of damage depending on where you get hit. As an archer, it's annoying when you can't kill people, and they become pincushions with swords.Maybe shots to the head could do critical damage, or instantly kill, and shots to a chest plate would do little to no damage? I'd also like it so that it makes more of a difference when you wear light armor than if you wear heavy armor. Maybe wearing heavy armor deflects certain projectiles and protects against lower-quality materials when they hit your chest plate? It would add a little more realism to the game, but it's just my opinion.

Janus3003

Skyrim Marriage Counselor
Could have sworn that headshots do more damage...
But I could go for something like arm damage lowering your attack/defense and leg damage making you move slower.

HelloMyNameIsEd

He-Who-Killed-Ulfric-Stormcloak-With-A-Broom
Could have sworn that headshots do more damage...

There is the perk "Critical Shot", but it only sometimes gets the 1-hit kill, and it applies to all body parts. :sadface:

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
1) Choose a guild. Spend the game working your way through becoming head of that guild.

Perhaps the largest disappointment for me in Skyrim is that there is little effort in becoming the head of at least two of the most class-specific organizations. Possibly three; I haven't bothered with the Thieves Guild or Dark Brotherhood. (doesn't interest me in the least right now. might do so in the future.) For the Companions, I didn't bother touching my combat ability perks and instead focused on Smithing, Enchanting and Alchemy, maxxing those out. And I still became the Harbinger of the Companions.

The Archmage quests were even sadder. I smashed things with my Daedric warhammer until I ran into the Eye of Magnus, when I needed to use the Staff of Magnus to do... erm... something to the Eye. Was never quite clear what was going on, but eh, I still won - with some smashing at the end with my little friend. And became the Archmage with no magical ability (beyond Enchanting) above 50, and most in the 20's. Why the eff (and you, and sea, and kaye) am I the bleeping Arch-mage when I'm the weakest mage that ever did mage?

So, summary: Becoming the head of a major class-specifc faction should be a long term and difficult thing to do. Not something you do on a Friday night because the wife is out of town and you can spend 8 hours playing reliving high school memories, culminating with sleeping on the couch because you want to, not because she's annoyed that you're ignoring her.

What's sad is that they had this in Morrowind, but they took out. In Morrowind (Elder Scrolls III) you had a rank in each of your guilds, but to get to the next rank you had to have a high enough level in certain attributes that were valued by the guild you were in. For the thieves guild things such as sneak, security(lockpicking), light armor, short blade, and so on.
Another awesome thing they took out of Morrowind was levitation potions. They were SO USEFUL. Think of all those mountains you always have trouble climbing over to get to a quest area and now think of just walking over them with levitation ... ITS AWESOME! In fact one time in the main quest line you had to use levitation to find this huge floating island!
I just wish Elder Scrolls VI would bring back some of the awesome stuff from Morrowind.

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
I would like to see different ways to play the war/main questlines. Such as if the stormcloaks recruited you as an assassin, you would be sneaking around enemy lines taking out important targets that affect the war effort, or a tactician who decides what happens, where it happens and when

That would be awesome if you could be the tactician and you could decide where to attack the enemy and have a map with postings of where the enemy forces are and their number at each place. You can do raids as well as major strikes, but while doing these you could leave yourself open to a counterstrike because you have to pull men from their defensive positions. I would just keep my men on the defense and do the major strikes myself and kill everything in my path.

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
A sex trade, astral projection, tree forts, steak

Yes!!! As part of my tactics I'll sell the opposing army prostitutes and while all their soldiers are getting busy, that is when I will make my move and attack with my army. Mwhuhahahahahahahaha :bluedragon:

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
Did u get my message about getting inside of you

That's off topic and yes I did.
I think Elder Scrolls 6 needs to have NPCs that are perverts, so you can kill them because you just can't kill the ones in real life and isn't that a shame.

ninjamann193

Id like to see it take place on hammerfell where they could introduce ships and ship battles were you could explore islands and also battle the thalmor invasion on Hammerfell. Plus if they do elswyr or hammerfell id love to see some deserts and/or jungles to mix the feel of the game a bit more because the cyrodil/skyrim terrain is getting a little dull. Plus bring back the good stuff from morrowind... theve been simplyfing the game too much i thought for sure they couldnt take anything more away from oblivion.
i miss levitating and acrobatics:sadface:

stagnant94

am i evil if i choose to side with the thalmor? not because i like them but because i think it would be cool to play as the elitists. you'd feel awesome.

i think the next game should take place in vallenwood. i think the main conflict in TES:6 should be maybe a uprising but not like the storm cloaks or the dragons but like the daedric princes rising up and building an army of evil doers like necros, vampires,maybe the return of the mythic dawn to destroy the world kinda like oblivion but not going into the oblivion realm and maybe the nine could strike back building their own army of holy figures like paladins priests and healers. it would also be cool if like the races were split between sides ,or you choose a side from the very beggining ( on a side note i think that weapons should be able to have stat enchantments on them like in WOW just have it in like your off hand)

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
am i evil if i choose to side with the thalmor? not because i like them but because i think it would be cool to play as the elitists. you'd feel awesome.

Dude, some of us kill random NPCs just because we like it, so siding the thalmor does not make you evil.
Which brings me to another point and that is the invincible characters that can't die because they are essential NPCs is stupid. In Morrowind if you killed one of them it simply said "Either reload a save file or continue to live in the doomed world you have created." and I would kind of like to live in a doomed world where I can kill whoever I want (I am truly evil :D).

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
I just had a great idea. In the next elder scrolls game I want to be able to use ingredients to smith / enchant together a golem that can be summoned and used to fight for you like an atronarch. This could be a new and exciting addition to the magic of elder scrolls.

Level VII

Do'vish
Guys, Skyrim just came out a few months ago. It's WAY too early to be thinking about The elder scrolls 6. But I would like it to be in elsewry.

Drecon

1: The return of the Dwarves. The story could be epic.

2: Play in all of Tamriel. (This would probably be a feature for Elder Scrolls online, which I have no interest in, nut it might be nice for a real Elder Scrolls game).

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
Guys, Skyrim just came out a few months ago. It's WAY too early to be thinking about The elder scrolls 6. But I would like it to be in elsewry.
It is never too early to start speculating over any elder scrolls game or suggest stuff that would be cool. It's not even too early to start talking about elder scrolls 7 :D

Level VII

Do'vish
It is never too early to start speculating over any elder scrolls game or suggest stuff that would be cool. It's not even too early to start talking about elder scrolls 7 :D

You're ridiculous.

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
You know a small thing that would be nice would be a stamina bar for your horse because I always am trying to gallop on the horse, but I'll end up galloping for a second and then stop because I can't see the horse's stamina.

The Fatalist

Destroyer of goats
1: The return of the Dwarves. The story could be epic.

2: Play in all of Tamriel. (This would probably be a feature for Elder Scrolls online, which I have no interest in, nut it might be nice for a real Elder Scrolls game).
It is; elder scolls online features all of Tamriel.
But the problem with that is, for a normal ES game It'd have to come on a disc per province and it would have a development time of about 20 years for it to have any sense of consistency or immersion. Which by then everyone would be whining about the graphics. I assume ES online is going to rely on players to fill out the world.

Personally, I like to think Bethesda knows what their doing and I won't need to give any opinions.
Black marsh would probably be my choice of province.

I like the direction that they took with skyrim, I agree that a lot of things, like stats weren't nessasary in oblivion and the perk sytem was a good idea.
It allways bothered me that I could have a wisdom stat of 100, but my characters dialogue still had the vibe of a blundering idiot.

Though I hope they get rid of the "increases damage/effectiveness by 20%" perks. I don't know who thought that was a good idea, they weren't in Fallout. They arn't fun, they arn't what they were aiming for with perks. I expect that to just happen as I improve my skill-I shouldn't have to waste a perk point on it.

2 major things I would like though;
1. Go back to the Blunt/Blade skill system, it made way more sense realisim-wise and it allows greater weapon variety.
2. The return of spellmaking - a lot of being a mage is not just simply "I can cast spells!" it is the idea of experimentation, a feeling of making academic progress - not just rank progress. At the moment the only thing we can experiment with is Alchemy and Enchanting and even then its not very exciting.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts