Suggestions for an Argonian playthrough?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Ivory

Let's Player
I love the argonians, but I've had the problem of never being able to play as one. It's rather hard for me to imagine an argonian using magic or a sword and shield or any other weapon.

I've downloaded a few mods (FAR, Argonian Merc Armor, Kick Bash, Forceful Bash, Plantigrade legs etc) but I'd like to play with weapons, or even Magic. Does anyone know of good mods that give weapons for argonians or just makes playing one more Immersive?

EDIT: Also I have played as one before, but it was a silly playthrough and his name was Plays-With-Squirrels

Name suggestions are good too. Also any Lore may help. I haven't found much other than them being slaves to Dunmer in Morrowind and that they kicked the Dremora's rear ends in Oblivion.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Argonian Shaman? Could download the Shaman's Hut mod, live inside a giant mudcrab.

36975-2-1370628680.jpg

If you want information on Argonians, you could try UESP http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Argonian

Only thing I can remember about Argonians is that it was a theory one of their Shaman's caused the Knahaten Plague that wiped out majority of the non Argonian population in Black Marsh, also spread to other parts of Tamriel.

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
My Argonian is the apocalypse, literally. He's going to raid and destroy every town in Skyrim. It doesn't make much sense, lore wise, other than the fact that Argonians aren't treated well. I do feel that they should have their own style of armor, something that works with their horns and head-shape.

Ivory

Let's Player
Argonian Shaman? Could download the Shaman's Hut mod, live inside a giant mudcrab.

If you want information on Argonians, you could try UESP http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Argonian

Only thing I can remember about Argonians is that it was a theory one of their Shaman's caused the Knahaten Plague that wiped out majority of the non Argonian population in Black Marsh, also spread to other parts of Tamriel.

Damn, Now that's a nice house mod for one. I've found a few, but most were caves that made it way too dark because of the ENB I use. I did manage to find a few argonian based weapons but dammit they don't work with reproccer for some reason. I'll read up on that lore, thanks.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Damn, Now that's a nice house mod for one. I've found a few, but most were caves that made it way too dark because of the ENB I use. I did manage to find a few argonian based weapons but dammit they don't work with reproccer for some reason. I'll read up on that lore, thanks.

You could also collect bottles of Sleeping Tree Sap. Since it could possibly be a tree that grew from a spore from Umbriel. Which would make the tree an Um-Hist. So you could be a tribal shaman, who has taken to safeguarding the tree. Could also grow your own alchemy ingredients, perhaps to create a plague, or maybe to use in some rituals.

AS88

Staff member

NENALATA

Last King of the Ayleids - RETIRED
The Argonian is like the ultimate free-spirit. Judging their politics would be difficult because they're not really on anyone's side. However, given the way the Argonians are treated in Windhelm, there's that. There's also the War/problems between Morrowind and Argonia, which the Argonians won. Then we could also talk about the Argonian's history with the Empire, although the Empire treated the Argonian's like people compared to the Dark Elf Slave Masters in Morrowind.

I've played an Argonian Spellsword before and increased the Argonian's height to 1.10 (Like a Deathclaw from NV). XD

The Argonian is primarily adept at Guerilla warfare and their concept of Magic with hist and all isn't really represented in Skyrim.

So, given the Argonian's talent, I chose to get in thick with the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood. As far as the Civil War is concerned, ironically I took up the same stance that many Dark Elves have done and fought for the Empire. Because while the Argonians value Freedom, their concept of Freedom does not include the Freedom to enslave others, as was done unto them.

If the Argonians on principle fought their Slave Masters for so many years until their land and people were completely free, I do not see them fighting for a side which will ensure they remain either slaves or second class citizens. Meanwhile the Empire does not mind Argonians visiting their cities and treats them like everyone else.

So, Guerilla Warfare, Stealth Guilds, Freedom Fighter, Simple Magic User that has another Foreign Magickal Element not present in Skyrim.

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows

36975-2-1370628680.jpg

I wish I had a gaming PC... there are so many cool mods out there :sadface:

I also have a hard time RPing Argonians because no one treats them differently, they can use the same skills as all the other races, and they don't have any opportunities for different factions or anything (I wish you could do the Shadowscale thing, that would be neat). The only time I really feel like an Argonian when I play is when I'm underwater, that's the thing I like most about them.

adrian-smith31

Argonian
I played as an Argonian for my first and second playthroughs. The first I played as a good guy, the second I created a new character so I could do the 'evil' questlines e.g the Dark brotherhood and Thieves Guild.

As far as RP'ing goes, to give you some ideas my good character who I named Teekus fate made him find his way to Skyrim for him to fulfill his destiny as dragonborn. Framed for crimes he did not commit he was exiled from Black Marsh and soon found work in Cyrodill mostly meagre tasks such as farm work, and general labour in exchange for food and a bed for the night.

Eventually he found work as a assistant to a wealthy trader where he lived in relative luxury and was paid a decent amount of coin. How Teekus, although good and kind natured who always tried to help others has a foul temper which when ignited can have disastrous conseqences resulting in an argument with his employer. This led to blows and Teekus unintentionally killed his employer by punching him to the ground and cracking his head against the stone floor.

Now a wanted criminal he fled to Skyrim and was caught crossing the border and sentenced to death. After escaping he fulfilled his destiny of the Dragonborn and was forgiven by the Empire. He joined them and helped them win the civil war. Afterwards he made it his task to stop the persecution of Argonians and allow them to be treated like any other race.

He specializes in one handed weapons and uses little magic - Argonians can perform magic but are not as skilled as Elves. They are not as strong as humans and therefore I felt two handed weapons did not suit him. He is also a good blacksmith. He lives in Proudspire Manor in Solitude.

If you want an evil playthrough my other character I didn't bother with the main or civil war quests. His backstory is basically a mercenary for hire who came to Skyrim via Morrowind in search of more lucrative work. He's a kind of a nomad and never really settles in one place and is on the move to avoid enemies he has made. He does not care about anything but money and is a mean backstabber who will betray his closest allies.

He eventually settled and found companionship in the Thieves Guild.

So it depends really on if you want to play as an evil or good guy. Personally I think the Argonians come across as a peaceful race and don't ally with anyone to avoid conflicts. However they are very good at defending their homeland and can be spiteful and cruel in the case of invading Morrowind. This could have been under the instruction of a Argonian king however and normally the Argonian people wouldn't do such a thing.

The birthsign depends a lot also e.g the shadowscales. Argonians are naturally good thieves and assassins but this does not mean they have to use these skills for evil intent.

If anyone wants to have a look at my two characters I made them into presets and have various screenshots on my Steam community page here http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=231875566

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts