Xbox 360 Suffering from Withdrawal...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

thisismyusername

It seems every time I turn Skyrim on, it just doesn't load. I'll sit at the loading screen forever and never get to my game. I've checked my disk, and there doesn't appear to be any deep scratches. It bothers me that I can't play Skyrim. Should I buy a new one or could there be a way to remedy this?

redrkt

Premium Member
Couple of questions for you about your problem.....
A) Does it do this on all your games or just this one?
B) Are there any scratches on the disc?

If the answer to question "A" is yes, contact Xbox customer support at 1-800-4my-xbox (469-9269) and select option #3 (for hardware)
If the answer to question "B" is yes, then go to step #4

If no to both the above questions do the following steps in the order they are listed:

1) from the xbox guide screen. Follow this path: Settings>system settings>storage(or memory)>select your storage device>games and apps, then check for corrupted game saves (should be marked by an orangish yellow exclamation point (!)) if you find that your game save is corrupted you will have to delete it.

2) from the xbox guide screen. Follow this path: Settings>system settings>storage, this time just highlight your storage device and click the "Y" button>clear system cache two times (X2), then try to play the game and see if it works.
3) disconnect the powersupply from both the console and the wall outlet, wait for the light on the powersupply to go out (can take up to 2 minutes or more to do so) then plug the powersupply back into the console and the wall outlet

4) if the above steps don't work, here is the number for Bethesda that you can call to see about getting a replacement disc sent to you: 1-301-926-8300

Hope this helps you, any other questions feel free to PM me here.

thisismyusername

Couple of questions for you about your problem.....
A) Does it do this on all your games or just this one?
B) Are there any scratches on the disc?

If the answer to question "A" is yes, contact Xbox customer support at 1-800-4my-xbox (469-9269) and select option #3 (for hardware)
If the answer to question "B" is yes, then go to step #4

If no to both the above questions do the following steps in the order they are listed:

1) from the xbox guide screen. Follow this path: Settings>system settings>storage(or memory)>select your storage device>games and apps, then check for corrupted game saves (should be marked by an orangish yellow exclamation point (!)) if you find that your game save is corrupted you will have to delete it.

2) from the xbox guide screen. Follow this path: Settings>system settings>storage, this time just highlight your storage device and click the "Y" button>clear system cache two times (X2), then try to play the game and see if it works.
3) disconnect the powersupply from both the console and the wall outlet, wait for the light on the powersupply to go out (can take up to 2 minutes or more to do so) then plug the powersupply back into the console and the wall outlet

4) if the above steps don't work, here is the number for Bethesda that you can call to see about getting a replacement disc sent to you: 1-301-926-8300

Hope this helps you, any other questions feel free to PM me here.
Thanks for the advice! I'm having no trouble playing now :)

redrkt

Premium Member
Let me make a wag here and assume that clearing the cache did the trick?

And Glad I was able to help.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts