Sucks that I despise elves...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I learned. ARGONIANS WILL RULE THE WORLD!

Alongside the Dunmer!!! LOL!!!

I kinda have the same problem now too. Throughout the entire series, I always played a dark elf and now when I play anything else... I can't. Granted, I'll spend a lot of time leveling them, but I get nowhere in the story. Most of the time, I just do the strangest things with them. I do have a high elf character, and all I do with her is hit on all the girls in skyrim... or pretend to. My Argonian is worse... Have no clue what is wrong with me.
I was going to do a dark elf that looked like Asage Ventris and acted like her too, but I just can't get past those red eyes. They creep the heck out of me. I just wish there was another option beside 1/2 blind, all blind or pitch black or that damnable cherry red.

Hellknight Anna

Empress of the Inferno
'The whole 'you don't live for thousands of years so you don't know what your talking about' vibe doesn't work for me.'
lol.. well us vampire lords live longer than elves, so in their terms we're superior >D (p.s. I hate elves too for the exact same reason OP described ever since D&D...)

Daelon DuLac

'The whole 'you don't live for thousands of years so you don't know what your talking about' vibe doesn't work for me.'
lol.. well us vampire lords live longer than elves, so in their terms we're superior >D (p.s. I hate elves too for the exact same reason OP described ever since D&D...)
How's about an Altmer Vampire Lord? That's me!

Jei El

We will be avenged.

I kinda have the same problem now too. Throughout the entire series, I always played a dark elf and now when I play anything else... I can't. Granted, I'll spend a lot of time leveling them, but I get nowhere in the story. Most of the time, I just do the strangest things with them. I do have a high elf character, and all I do with her is hit on all the girls in skyrim... or pretend to. My Argonian is worse... Have no clue what is wrong with me.

Actually, every race except for the altmer in the thalmor.

Mi-Ilu Yahaz

I was going to do a dark elf that looked like Asage Ventris and acted like her too, but I just can't get past those red eyes. They creep the heck out of me. I just wish there was another option beside 1/2 blind, all blind or pitch black or that damnable cherry red.

Eh, it's from Azura's 'curse'. Though Karliah has purple eyes, but I think that is because someone in her bloodline was a human. Can't say for sure. Personally I like the red eyes on them. Nothing says, "Imma eat your heart," like glowing red eyes in the darkness.

Rimfaxe96

Got a High Elf as secondary character, but I use them for gameplay tests only. Like, when I feel like trying the stealth playthrough of Diplomatic Immunity or want to provocate Thalmor and do random stuff... but I can't seriously play her.
The only races I relate to are the human ones, and even then I got a hard time playing most. Seems I'll play Redguards forever.
Suits me though, I'm rather small irl (1.60m :D). I can't even play Nords due to their height.

But yeah, most elves' attitude is hard to bear... as a human race I shrug it off or smile and think my part about it, but as an elf character I'd feel I'd have to share this view on humanity which is a no-go.

C'mon, even Bosmer can be haughty (see that one guy in Riverwood), and that even though in some Lore it said they "interbred" with humans/took human wives... maybe it's just a fetish since Dibella is mostly pictured as a human chick, but seriously, shush. :rolleyes:

Hellknight Anna

Empress of the Inferno
hey Rim... Hmph. Elves are lower than Daedra in my eyes. I say kill them all and let Stendarr sort them out :p

Mi-Ilu Yahaz

hey Rim... Hmph. Elves are lower than Daedra in my eyes. I say kill them all and let Stendarr sort them out :p

:eek:
Stendarr wouldn't take too kindly to me... Challenge Accepted

Nighthiker77

I have decided that destruction is boring. I am going to transition to shield mage and add in 1h.

I still think Altmer is ideal. Too bad I went to Falskaar before doing the dark brotherhood.

Daelon DuLac

Got a High Elf as secondary character, but I use them for gameplay tests only. Like, when I feel like trying the stealth playthrough of Diplomatic Immunity or want to provocate Thalmor and do random stuff... but I can't seriously play her.
The only races I relate to are the human ones, and even then I got a hard time playing most. Seems I'll play Redguards forever.
Suits me though, I'm rather small irl (1.60m :D). I can't even play Nords due to their height.

But yeah, most elves' attitude is hard to bear... as a human race I shrug it off or smile and think my part about it, but as an elf character I'd feel I'd have to share this view on humanity which is a no-go.

C'mon, even Bosmer can be haughty (see that one guy in Riverwood), and that even though in some Lore it said they "interbred" with humans/took human wives... maybe it's just a fetish since Dibella is mostly pictured as a human chick, but seriously, shush. :rolleyes:
Fortunately I am just like an Altmer in real life. Sure I get beat up all the time and belong to the GOP, but that's what I get for being better than everyon else. :rolleyes:

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
I'm starting to lighten up on elves. I can tell because I've rerolled three times since I started this thread and they've all been elves. All female for some reason. I seem to be able to tolerate it a lot easier if I roll a female, which is odd since I very rarely roll up serious female builds in any game.

Rimfaxe96

Fortunately I am just like an Altmer in real life. Sure I get beat up all the time and belong to the GOP, but that's what I get for being better than everyon else. :rolleyes:

I chose Redguard for their skin taint (I'm not hat dark, but my fathers' origins being far East in Europe makes itself visible in summer for example, I get darker than others and never sunburned :p) and size since I'm rather small. I inherited my mom's brighter hair color (dark/ash blonde) and green eyes, therefore I make my Redguard character with bright blue eyes. I leave her hair dark though.
So yeah, I won't deny that I can relate to my char. And I don't purely hate Altmer, their attitudes somehow activates the masochist in me.
Someone has to put them in their place, teheee. x)

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
I always enjoy a Bosmer hunter.

Oh yea. One of my all-time favorite builds was a wood elf hunter. Lived in the Alchemist's Shack. Never unlocked dragons. Ran with the bears. It was a simpler time back then... :)

For some reason my prejudice has always been directed towards the (so called) high elf only. The way the Thalmor are being portrayed in Skyrim didn't help matters. However, one of my favorite races back in my D&D days was the Drow... or Dunmer in TES.

half%2Bdrow.jpg

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts