Sucks that I despise elves...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
physically that would be kind of weak because elves are not as physically strong as humans, you mean with the arcane abilities of an elf, my character is half Altmer makes up for the role playing aspect that I hate Nords
What do you base the "not as physically strong" on? Physically, my Altmer is larger than any human I've encountered and many Orcs and can easily take any of them in combat without any magic. Is it lore correct to say that they are weaker?
Yes physically they are not as strong as Humans and if you are judging strength via size then you should know that the strongest person recorded who ever lived was only 5 foot 11 so just because a race is physically smaller does not make them weaker and for orcs they are in a unique catagory as they are considerd beastfolf as well as elves also just thought you should now the strongest animal in the world is an animal smaller then your fist the rhino beetle can loft 127 times its own bodyweight
Yup. You're quite right about the beetle. Isn't it odd that so many insects are so much stronger # for # than you'd expect. Probably their physiology.

Volanere

Grand Magister
All i know is elven superiority, i cannot grasp this concept when elves are clearly superior to man. I love to roleplay as a high elf Thalmor, its been my favorite build yet.

CaptMorgan72

Yep, Altmer are usually tall and lean and not as strong as other races. However, you can make the exception when you create "your" Altmer. You can create a supersoldier Altmer, the strength of an Orc and the arcane ability of an Altmer. I've made a heavily muscled Altmer before and with their height, he looked absolutely scary.

Daelon DuLac

Yep, Altmer are usually tall and lean and not as strong as other races. However, you can make the exception when you create "your" Altmer. You can create a supersoldier Altmer, the strength of an Orc and the arcane ability of an Altmer. I've made a heavily muscled Altmer before and with their height, he looked absolutely scary.
That's mine! Of course I always do the heavily muscled type, big and burly, even on my mages. I'm that way so I guess I'm more comfortable with that (plus the ladies look better to me that way :))

CaptMorgan72

That's mine! Of course I always do the heavily muscled type, big and burly, even on my mages. I'm that way so I guess I'm more comfortable with that (plus the ladies look better to me that way :))

All of my mages are on the thin side. I figure that the mages spend all their time studying magic and not exercising their muscles. The only guys that get the big muscles are the ones in heavy armor and use heavy weapons. I try to reflect the characters as realistically as possible as far as their physique goes in relation to their class. Light armor guys with daggers/swords get medium builds. I have a male orc that is a shaman and he is skinny because of his years of magic study and neglect of exercise.

Daelon DuLac

All of my mages are on the thin side. I figure that the mages spend all their time studying magic and not exercising their muscles. The only guys that get the big muscles are the ones in heavy armor and use heavy weapons. I try to reflect the characters as realistically as possible as far as their physique goes in relation to their class. Light armor guys with daggers/swords get medium builds. I have a male orc that is a shaman and he is skinny because of his years of magic study and neglect of exercise.
Since it doesn't seem to make a difference in performance, I guess I go for asthetics. Same thing with armors and weaponry. Shallow, I know, but that's just the way I roll. :)

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies

Since it doesn't seem to make a difference in performance, I guess I go for asthetics. Same thing with armors and weaponry. Shallow, I know, but that's just the way I roll. :)

I've found that heavy armor looks best on thin guys. At least in my opinion. Heavy armor on big guys looks too bulky and cylindrical to me.

Nighthiker77

I rolled a new destruction Altmer female last night. Dark red lips, hair, and warpaint. Heavy with robes. It was amazing how much easier it was than with a Khajiit. We actually took out 2 bandits and 2 bandit chiefs near Anise's Cabin at level 2. It took a few tries, but that extra 50 magica makes all the difference in the world.

After Bleak Falls Barrow I think I'll go find a giant to kill at level 3 or 4. Then see how she looks in shrouded robes. Only restrictions on her are no archery or light armor.

Daelon DuLac

I rolled a new destruction Altmer female last night. Dark red lips, hair, and warpaint. Heavy with robes. It was amazing how much easier it was than with a Khajiit. We actually took out 2 bandits and 2 bandit chiefs near Anise's Cabin at level 2. It took a few tries, but that extra 50 magica makes all the difference in the world.

After Bleak Falls Barrow I think I'll go find a giant to kill at level 3 or 4. Then see how she looks in shrouded robes. Only restrictions on her are no archery or light armor.
Good luck on the Giant at such a low level. Try Secunda's kiss and stay up on the mountain and shoot down (I did that). If they catch ya your a gonner, but they can't get up to the rocks like you can. After the giant, try a mammoth! If you try the camp by Whiterun. You can get them to chase you up to either of the bandit camps and have them help. (then you can kill all the bandits and take their stuff too!).

You're right. The extra 50 makes a huge difference

LotusEater

Good luck on the Giant at such a low level. Try Secunda's kiss and stay up on the mountain and shoot down (I did that). If they catch ya your a gonner, but they can't get up to the rocks like you can. After the giant, try a mammoth! If you try the camp by Whiterun. You can get them to chase you up to either of the bandit camps and have them help. (then you can kill all the bandits and take their stuff too!).

Just keep a rock between you and the giant and they are easy. I always kill the giants by Bleak Falls and I'm usually lv1.

Mammoths... that's a different story. Not much scarier than a couple mammoths chasing you at lv1. Those things are deceptively fast.

Daelon DuLac

Just keep a rock between you and the giant and they are easy. I always kill the giants by Bleak Falls and I'm usually lv1.

Mammoths... that's a different story.
You're a better man/woman than I am then. I always end up getting killed when I'm that low level.

LotusEater

Mammoths... that's a different story.
You're a better man/woman than I am then. I always end up getting killed when I'm that low level.

Nah... I just love them toes. Seriously though, try it on your next playthrough. At the camp by BFB there are usually two giants hanging out. Piss one off and run for the rocks to the west. You'll see a few of them. Then just pick one and play ring-around-the-rosie and keep that rock between you. It takes a while to bring them down with Flames, but it's worth it for the loot and Destruction experience. Best to rile up the giant closest to the rocks first so they don't both start chasing you.

Nighthiker77

I'm also calling her a witch instead of a mage and that makes her so much more interesting to me. I'm sticking to a sorceress play style for now until I decide exactly what I want to do with her.

I wish I could get her a crown like the one in Snow White and the Huntsman. I will find something that rocks though. Maybe the Helm of Yngol or the unburned one.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Not all High Elves have such high opinions of themselves.

320px-Legate_Fasendil.jpg

Legate Fasendil would disagree with your views.

Nighthiker77

I'll probably play a nord next with primary 2h, light armor, archery and smithing, try to be good for once, and destroy the Brotherhood.

I think it matters less and less the higher your level is, but Highborn scales with your magica pool so it gets stronger as you go. If you enchant cost away, you could play any race any style without anything mattering, but that doesn't make a Nord Mage equal. It just makes race irrelevant.

I've been having a lot more fun since I stopped enchanting.

Wildroses

I'm in the opposite position to the thread starter. I ended up reaching the point where I use Altmer exclusively. It started because I enjoy being an elf and a magic user in all RPGs. But as time went on I grew to love that extra 50 Magicka, that golden skin with the dark hair and almond shaped eyes, and I found the presence of the Thalmor makes
Altmer backstories a hell of a lot more intense and interesting. Mine Altmers so far have pretty tragic backstories of persecution, murdered family members, and fleeing one step ahead of the authorities. I've tried other races, but I just don't enjoy them the way I do Altmer. Skyrim is not a game which punishes you for choosing a playstyle which is not suited to your starting race bonus' so I have made successful Altmer sneaks, archers and warriors. There is no reason for me to stick with magic.

TJ0331

Nords forever
For some reason I seem to love dark elves but I hate high elves. I like bosmer as well.

LotusEater

Gonna reroll another Altmer later. I think I'll be able to stick with him if I can make him look like a human... or go evil and make him look like this:

tumblr_l7fsqaKvmw1qcwvsl

Mi-Ilu Yahaz

I learned. ARGONIANS WILL RULE THE WORLD!

Alongside the Dunmer!!! LOL!!!

I kinda have the same problem now too. Throughout the entire series, I always played a dark elf and now when I play anything else... I can't. Granted, I'll spend a lot of time leveling them, but I get nowhere in the story. Most of the time, I just do the strangest things with them. I do have a high elf character, and all I do with her is hit on all the girls in skyrim... or pretend to. My Argonian is worse... Have no clue what is wrong with me.

Bulldog

For my high elf I shortened the chin, made the jaw line thicker. Long hair covers up the ears. I think he looked better than any nord, imperial, or breton I have ever made. I also made mine as big as I possibly could. I just think that the guy characters look better bulked up.

I thought about the whole studied magic and wouldn't get much exercise. So I went with the whole role play that his mother was a high elf and his father was a nord. My character got the size from his father, and the natural magic ability from his mother. Since the magic ability was pretty much natural he wanted to bond closer to his dad, so he learned how to train and fight like a warrior.

Back story is shortly after his mother and father were married the Thalmor found out and didn't approve and sent mercenaries after them. His father was able to fend them off and they moved around. During my character's teenage years the Thalmor finally caught up with them and slaughtered his mother and father. In a fit of rage he killed the mercenaries that his father couldn't when he was killed. Thus his hatered for the Thalmor. He vigantly practiced magic, and also the training his father showed him.

I did that to basically justify killing his own people, and his size.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts