• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

FullmetalHeart20

I would like to start a thread that's part experience sharing and part information gathering. This is about quests that don't need triggers, word wall hunting or any outside influence. You just find them.
Last week, I went to Hillgrund's Tomb thinking I'd find a word of power and some nice loot. Instead, I come across a man who wants to protect his family's dead from an insane necromancer! I never found a word wall there, but it was so worth it.
Everyone, feel free to share.

That was a nice surprise, and a cool reward for the first time I decided to play without fast travels/carriages.

Moris

A few I've encountered:

Melka in Blind Cliff Bastion
The Pale Lady
The Legend of Red Eagle
Illia and "Repentance"
Stalleo and Treva's Watch

J'Sabbah

I did one like this last night that was a lot of fun. I was staying in an inn near Markarth. Once night fell a ghost appeared in the inn going on about his brother and his old sword. I went and fetched the sword for him (totally useless to me - lvl 61 with all dragonbone armor and weapons) and got no reward at all but it was a lot of fun. Good storytelling

sticky runes

Meridia's Beacon is a random one (although for some reason, I seem to find it earlier with each new character I create)

Frostflow Lighthouse was also a place I discovered by accident (never found any info about it anywhere) and it's one of my favourite places in the whole game.