• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Jeruhmi

I just found out that the strategy guide is all ready to be sold and is actually over 650 pages!
skyrim-strategy-guide.jpg

strategy.jpg

Yeah I really don't think I could ever read through all that. It takes me a couple of weeks of on/off reading to get through a 650 page novel.

Source: http://www.gamezone.com/news/skyrim-strategy-guide-is-over-650-pages

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
It's been years since I actually owned a strategy guide... I don't get them anymore because I can just find wiki of every game out there and normally those are equally as helpful, if not more. However, it is nice to own a physical copy of it... Something to rest your eyes on if you're bored and all the nice little artwork and maps they have out for you. I miiight consider getting one but I doubt it.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
I’m not really one for strategy guides. To me it kinda feels like cheating to look up where a certain item is and I’d rather not find it at all than to get told where it is by someone else. I can see though how someone who isn’t as much of a silly purist like me in that regard could enjoy having such a detailed compendium of game-related knowledge.

Jeruhmi

I think strategy guides are a must if you don't have the Internet (lol). I have never bought one (not that I remember).

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Well, I remember that I bought one for Command&Conquer back in the day but I was a child then and many games were pretty difficult for me. Now I regard them as a challenge that I either overcome on my own or don’t.

Jeruhmi

I always just use those game wikis, or Google is good enough. Many games today are just too confusing when you first start playing, and I hope Skyrim won't be one of them. It's just very frustrating not knowing what all 100 menus do.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Now that you mention it, I do use them for some games such as Beat ’Em Ups because I usually don’t feel like testing hundreds of button combinations to find out a combo.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
I would buy the strategy book if it's going to be filled with lore details like they do in uesp wiki. The book is pretty thick but I can't imagine that all of those pages would be dedicated to maps, items and quest... unless they are in which case, omg.

Jeruhmi

I would buy the strategy book if it's going to be filled with lore details like they do in uesp wiki. The book is pretty thick but I can't imagine that all of those pages would be dedicated to maps, items and quest... unless they are in which case, omg.
I guess the guide would serve as a source of new information, also. Like you could flick to a page and find something totally new/awesome out. I just like the pictures and awesomeness of guides.

Cole

Mythik
It took me a while, but I finally decided to buy this. For the amount of content in the guide, and for the price, its a good deal, and I don't know about everyone else, but I intend to read this after I've beaten the game once, then see what I missed on my first play through. xD

Flamingtaco

Uesp is far more useful for me than any strategy guide and its free. I guess it is nice though to have a paper copy. If I use uesp then it will be on my ipod while I play on the pc

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
I am not into strategy guides either. Somehow they'll ruin the fun of exploring and figuring out by yourself. What's the fun about going to a dungeon, which you know already? I guess, I'll also fall to that purist category.

Travis

I only resort to strategy guides if I'm completely stuck but even then I hate myself for it.
Yep. Ditto. It's an absolute last resort. Although flipping through this one just for the artwork would be fun. You can tell this is a really high quality one.

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
Although flipping through this one just for the artwork would be fun. You can tell this is a really high quality one.

Strategy guide seems to contain a lot of concept art, lore about locations, best builds, and revealing background of every NPC that there is. No wonder it's so huge.
However, I am bit sceptical about the build-part, because there's going to be patches and updates to make every perk more balanced. And version author of SG played through was an unfinished one.

Flamingtaco

Yep. Ditto. It's an absolute last resort. Although flipping through this one just for the artwork would be fun. You can tell this is a really high quality one.
yeah but it really comes down to whether you want to spend $20 or $30 for artwork and then a guide which you can pretty much get free online where it will be updated as new bugs or methods for quests are discovered.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts