• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Stereofanic

Hero of the defenceless, Champion of mankind
Altmeri Wizards+big fury spell=Dead redguards

Thalmor not using it in Skyim is game mechanics.

It won't matter what spells the Dominion got the Redguards aren't stupid, Stealth and magika poison would be their tactics and the big heavy armour troops will have holy protection. Mages could not overcome such odds. The Dominion would have a limited line of sight in sand storms too. Also redguards are quicker on their feet than the other races ( in game this is the adrenaline rush power, in lore they are just much faster) so aiming with those spells would be damn near usleless.

J

Jeremius

there id this thing called AoE. just point and blast. anything in area gets hit. so it would not be useless as you do not actually aim AoE spells at people but on the ground.

Still Off-Topic by the way. so, let's agree to disagree.

Stereofanic

there id this thing called AoE. just point and blast. anything in area gets hit. so it would not be useless as you do not actually aim AoE spells at people but on the ground.

Still Off-Topic by the way. so, let's agree to disagree.

My overall point is The Redguards shun all but destruction when it comes to magic so they would have very strong protections for it and fury only works on those weak willed. The dominion lost the war and the Redguards proved the dominion had no chance what so ever without leaving summerset isle open to attack by the empire. Surely we can agree on that.

Stereofanic

Here is the second treaty, this should help end our arguing:

The Second Treaty of Stros M'kai was a treaty between the Redguards of Hammerfell and the Altmer and Bosmer of the Second Aldmeri Dominion. It signified the end of conflict between the two forces, and as a result of the signing of this treaty, the Aldmeri Dominion left Hammerfell. [1]
Other than the disastrous Battle of the Red Ring, this treaty was the only loss of the Thalmor in the war, but it was highly significant. In fact, one could consider the Great War a defeat for the Dominion, since the Thalmor's original goal was to take the southern coast of Hammerfell. This they ultimately failed to do, and in the wake of their withdrawal a battle-hardened, strongly united Hammerfell emerged. Should a second Aldmeri invasion ever come to pass, a Redguard alliance with the newly-prepared forces of the Empire and, potentially, Skyrim, could lead to ultimate triumph over a Thalmor force that would lack its initial advantage of preparedness over its enemies.

Stereofanic

Altmeri Wizards+big fury spell=Dead redguards

Thalmor not using it in Skyim is game mechanics.

plus in both wars, the Thalmor were fought to a standstill (Great war with BotRR)

my point is you cannot compare Ulfric to Hammerfell. Ulfric killing Torygg and starting the CW is more like the Dominion signing the second treaty of Stros M'Kai, it was in his best interest not what the others want. plus getting OT with Hammerfell.

Wasn't comparing him with Hammerfell was just pointing out how strong Hammerfell is and how it's armies could liberate Tamriel with the empire, I admit to accidentaly overlooking the new alliance with the empire for that I appolagise:)

Grogmar Ghrobash

'Tis better to be alone, then of bad company.
The thalmor murdered thousands of his kind and think of Talos with hate and now they are allowed inside the nords most sacred place, I would have done the same as would anyone with a soul, besides the Balgruf declined the opportunity to help the dragonborn until there is peace, if you say ulfric doesn't care what then neither does balgruf. Also Tulias refuses to come unless Ulfric does so he must not care either. See how wrong you are now.

Ulfric is hot headed sure but he is the only one in Skyrim who has openly opposed the Thalmor. Tulias is a good soldier/general and a good man with good morals and while Ulfric distrust's all non Nords you have to belive some in the empire distrust all non Nords/imperials. In this regard choosing between the stormcloaks and Empire is a bit difficult.

I still support the empire myself and bear no love for Ulfric but I roleplay and I don't think a Redguard would join the legion after freeing themselves as it would be classed as treason, that's what i'm arguing here, sorry I wasn't being clear.

I've already made my stance on what I think and so I'm done discussing anything further. But I just wanted to point out that Bulgraf declined to help the dragonborn till the civil war was put on pause so the Stormcloaks couldn't invade his city while he was focusing his attention on a dragon. Tullias refused to come unless Ulfric did too because that would give the Stormcloaks an advantage with the imperial General absent.

Grogmar Ghrobash

'Tis better to be alone, then of bad company.
It won't matter what spells the Dominion got the Redguards aren't stupid, Stealth and magika poison would be their tactics and the big heavy armour troops will have holy protection. Mages could not overcome such odds. The Dominion would have a limited line of sight in sand storms too. Also redguards are quicker on their feet than the other races ( in game this is the adrenaline rush power, in lore they are just much faster) so aiming with those spells would be damn near usleless.

Also Kahjiit are actually the quickest race on their feet.

J

Jeremius

besides an orc an defeat, like, ten nords before he/she was to be killed by one.

J

Jeremius

I just beat the crap out of an Orc chieftain --Burguk(?)--in Dushnihk Yal...in a fist fight.
Chieftains are lazy, besides you are the DB, you are supposed to be able to beat him.

In lore-Orc>Nord

Stereofanic

besides an orc an defeat, like, ten nords before he/she was to be killed by one.

Not actually, they are just like the other elves, they have strengths and weaknesses, in this case they are slower than most due to their heavy armour and lack ranged combat.

J

Jeremius

Not actually, they are just like the other elves, they have strengths and weaknesses, in this case they are slower than most due to their heavy armour and lack ranged combat.
Berserk "double the damage dealt for 1/2 damage taken" pretty good if you ask me

Stereofanic

Berserk "double the damage dealt for 1/2 damage taken" pretty good if you ask me

Races have ups and downs, going to you earlier statement a Nord could use battle cry to make an Orc flee then pound them at range or up close while they are helpless, A dunmer could use flame cloak or a Redguard could not get tired using Adrenaline rush, An Altmer could use Highborn and never run out of magic etc...

Revanchrist

FOR THE EMPIRE!

Stereofanic

Just thought of a weird third faction to join, Giants!!!!! Take over Skyrim with the big guys.

J

Jeremius

there really should be a third option to convince Balgruff to throw his hat in the ring to control Skyrim.

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
there really should be a third option to convince Balgruff to throw his hat in the ring to control Skyrim.

I think Balgruuf would make a good High King of Skyrim.