• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Wabbajack

Hey guys, I'm stopping smoking, or atleast have done from today (its now night time in UK).
I'm using an electronic cigarette to help me. So I got this idea to help myself by posting my progress on here and the advantages that I'm feeling as I attempt to stop. Not only will it help me a lot but it might encourage others, so any support would be appreciated :)

Day 1: Not had a cigarette all day. Been really dependent on my electronic cigarette though, damn nicotine. So far the advantages are vague, but I notice that I'm tasting food better and my sense of smell has slightly improved.

Dallas-Arbiter

I stopped for a couple months a couple years ago. I wanted a Marshall Class 5 amp, and I couldn't afford it if I smoked, so I stopped long enough to get up the money for the amp. I wish I could quit again. My sense of taste and sense of smell came back pretty quickly.

I was using Nicotine lozenges, tried the gum, couldn't chew it, way too hard. The lozenges worked pretty well, didn't taste that good, but hey, can't have everything. Best of luck wabbajack.

Arthur Swift-Sword

Swift. Like a Sword.
Had a similar problem with drinking. Sadly theres no electric beer bottles. Just a week or 3 of having to sleep on the sofa lol. Really hope it works out okay.

Znowcicle

Chimera~
Both of my parents were heavy smokers. My dad has quit three times, my mom has not successfully quit but she has cut back quite a lot. I myself have never smoked a cigarette, and never will, and I know how much I hated smelling the acrid smell of the chemically altered tobacco...Not that me saying that would help you much, I just wanted to say that if my chain-smoking parents can cut back like they have then I'm pretty sure you can do it! :D

As cliche as that sounds I'd also like to add my deepest encouragement and that I really hope you can quit successfully. It will be a great achievement that many, I'm sure, will commend you on.

Best of luck on your journey! Just always remember how good of a change you're making for yourself and those around you!

Wabbajack

Do you mind if I ask how old you are?
Not at all, I'm 19 and have been smoking since I was 14.

Thanks for all the support guys!

Day 2 (yesterday): Was really dependent on the electronic cigarette. I had a bit of a panic when it ran out of battery at work but I didn't have a cigarette even though I really wanted too. Breathing hasn't changed much since day 1. Sense of smell still improving as is taste. And I feel a bit fresher and healthier.

Znowcicle

Chimera~
Not at all, I'm 19 and have been smoking since I was 14.

Thanks for all the support guys!

Day 2 (yesterday): Was really dependent on the electronic cigarette. I had a bit of a panic when it ran out of battery at work but I didn't have a cigarette even though I really wanted too. Breathing hasn't changed much since day 1. Sense of smell still improving as is taste. And I feel a bit fresher and healthier.
You're welcome Wabbajack!

It's very, very good that you made this decision to quit so early! I had no idea you were only 19. :eek: You seem very strong willed, and that's a very good attribute to have when kicking a bad habit. I'll be here watching your transformation over these next days/weeks/months, if you don't mind that is. I want to help as much as I can. Maybe I can learn something from you to help my parents kick theirs.

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
Good for you, quitting sucks, big time. However, on the positive and encouraging side, I wish you the best of luck and just a tip that worked for me and my sis: regular chewing gum works wonders in high stress situations.

GayGoblin

I'm the One who Stole Your Sweetroll
Good luck Wabba, just hang in there and keep progressing :)

Wabbajack

Sorry a bit late on the updates.

Day 3, 4 and 5: Not going to lie. I have had one cigarette.. HOWEVER I did not finish it because it was disgusting. I think because my taste has improved I can taste all the crap they put in cigarettes. As for improvements. My breathing is definitely improved. I feel fitter and healthier. I'm still getting cravings especially when at work as it gets quite frustrating doing what I do.
The hardest part for me is routine.. Such as having a cup of coffee in the morning, I usually have a cigarette and getting out of that routine is difficult. And working with loads of people that smoke doesn't help. But I'm hanging in there.

I don't know a damn thing about smoking, other than the fact that it's a way of slowly killing yourself, but I wish you good luck, mighty staff of Sheogorath. :)

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
Sorry a bit late on the updates.

Day 3, 4 and 5: Not going to lie. I have had one cigarette.. HOWEVER I did not finish it because it was disgusting. I think because my taste has improved I can taste all the crap they put in cigarettes. As for improvements. My breathing is definitely improved. I feel fitter and healthier. I'm still getting cravings especially when at work as it gets quite frustrating doing what I do.
The hardest part for me is routine.. Such as having a cup of coffee in the morning, I usually have a cigarette and getting out of that routine is difficult. And working with loads of people that smoke doesn't help. But I'm hanging in there.
You're quitting cold turkey. It's been 5 days and you've had 1 smoke, you're doin pretty good. Just keep you're head up and try to stay focused!!!! I know you can do it and I wish you the best of luck.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts