• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Does staff use contribute to perk progression?

Recently acquired both a Staff of Lightning and a Staff of Fireballs and am wondering if they contribute towards perk progression.

While extremely useful, if they don't contribute anything, perhaps I should reserve for emergencies and use the spells themselves.

On another note: Wouldn't you think that Hagravens would use Wards more often? I keep running in to them but they never seem to put up any defense against my fireballs and lightning, they just keep throwing fireballs at me. Hey, at least their minions use 'em. Maybe they could get the minions to stand in front of them? Just a thought. :)

Adam Warlock

Since Staves do not use your personal Magicka , their use doesn`t contribute to magic skill xp.
Your level of magic xp does contribute to the number of charges on a staff.

Daelon DuLac

Since Staves do not use your personal Magicka , their use doesn`t contribute to magic skill xp.
You level of magic xp does contribute to the number of charges on a staff.
Thank you. I didn't think so, but it was worth a shot. I was going to use one in one hand and one in the other, but it looks like, for the time being I'll use it in my off hand and either use conjured weapon or spell in the on.

Great info! Getting to like staves as they hold spells I'm not at a level to be able to use comfortably yet.

NachyoChez

That's REALLY weird. I know Alteration (except detection spells which are based on number of targets visible), Conjuration, and Illusion are all based on MP cost of the spell (but not spent, since 0 cost spells still work) but Resoration and Destruction are both leveled via their effectiveness. Odd that they'd make staves not help out...

On the bright side, you can level destruction by just standing in a forge, so there's that!

Daelon DuLac

That's REALLY weird. I know Alteration (except detection spells which are based on number of targets visible), Conjuration, and Illusion are all based on MP cost of the spell (but not spent, since 0 cost spells still work) but Resoration and Destruction are both leveled via their effectiveness. Odd that they'd make staves not help out...

On the bright side, you can level destruction by just standing in a forge, so there's that!
Ow! Ow! Ow! HOT HOT HOT!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts