• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Dzylon

Does this forum support them? For text, I mean. They're useful when a spoiler is being posted in a non-spoiler thread, not to mention when you post a wall of text and images that people don't want to scroll through every time they visit the thread. Like this one.

Any plans for that?

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
I was thinking this same thing. I've been telling a lot of people to use "spoiler tags", but all we have currently is people putting *SPOILER* if we're lucky lol.

Dzylon

Yeah, but people here are pretty considerate when it comes to warning others about forthcoming spoilers. I still think we should have a spoiler function though.

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
Have you checked the help section? People love giving specifics about what they did without putting spoiler tags lol.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Yeah, we really should have spoiler tags and I already brought this up shortly after the forum was made :/

Does this board software not support this feature, Renegader :< ?

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
We have the spoiler prefix. I did put in the sticky in the help forum to assume all threads in that section were spoilers though. Or are you meaning something that will filter out anything designated as a spoiler?

Dzylon

We have the spoiler prefix. I did put in the sticky in the help forum to assume all threads in that section were spoilers though. Or are you meaning something that will filter out anything designated as a spoiler?
Usually, you can designate any in-post text as a spoiler and it will appear in a small box that you can extend to show the contents. This is also very useful when posting walls of images and text, like I said. Another simpler variation is a spoiler system where designated text is highlighted in black and must be selected to be seen, but it doesn't have that added benefit of clutter reduction.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Usually, you can designate any in-post text as a spoiler and it will appear in a small box that you can extend to show the contents. This is also very useful when posting walls of images and text, like I said. Another simpler variation is a spoiler system where designated text is highlighted in black and must be selected to be seen, but it doesn't have that added benefit of clutter reduction.

Oh I see what you mean. I've seen that on boards before, yes. I don't know if Xenforo has that functionality. We'll see what Renegader says. If I get the chance, I'll look and see if I can find something in the documentation.

Renegader

Administrator
Staff member
I'll see what I can do. Hope something like this gets made soon.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts