• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Amusizzle

Still trying to formulate my own opinion, and I'm curious about what you guys think... How would define each one? Include references to perks..

Pwnagemeister

I would think that a spellsword specializes in dealing physical damage with magical weapons. So conjuring a sword and attacking with it would be more of a spellsword. They specialize in the conjuring skill. A battlemage would specialize in the destruction skill, and deal magical damage, like damage from fireballs and ice bolts. They are the more typical mage-character, and are much more mana-dependent.

demujin

I would think that a spellsword specializes in dealing physical damage with magical weapons. So conjuring a sword and attacking with it would be more of a spellsword. They specialize in the conjuring skill. A battlemage would specialize in the destruction skill, and deal magical damage, like damage from fireballs and ice bolts. They are the more typical mage-character, and are much more mana-dependent.

The typical mage character is a mage; all magic, staffs and no armor. A battlemage is a magic oriented fighter, conjuration, destruction, one handed, armor wearing badass. They need a good amount of magicka but also utilize martial weapons and armor, unlike a pure mage class. In Morrowind the standard battlemage had axes, heavy armor and conjuration as skills. I don't remember, off the top of my head, how it was in Oblivion.
Either way, in Skyrim I wouldn't worry about labels anyway. Labels don't matter. Just choose the skills you think best work together to form a magic oriented warrior.

You can always use these as a reference.
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Classes
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Classes

Tyler L.

a spellsword would use one-handed, block, restoration and destruction.he would have enchatend armor and weapons. instead of a conjured sword. he wears heavy armor. the battle mage would be a mage charcter focused on being in the battle instead of on the sidelines. he would use conhuration for cover. alteration for pertection. des. i like playing as a spellsword myself.

Teritus

Giving it to you straight since 1869
I think they really overlap each other. I consider my character a battlemage, and I use one-handed and shield with conjuration for support.

HaxAras

A battlemage is a magic oriented fighter, conjuration, destruction, one handed, armor wearing badass. They need a good amount of magicka but also utilize martial weapons and armor

My Female Nord Is A Battlemage And Fits That Very Description.

Dwarven Armor
Dwarven Waraxe

Destruction
Conjuration
Alchemy
Lockpicking
Pickpocketing
Heavy Armor
Smithing
( A Little One Handed but I Plan To Upgrade To Two Handed As She Get's Stronger.
I Haven't Put Any Points Into One Handed For That Reason.)

(She Isn't A Jack Of All Trades. I Don''t Play Thieves But All My Characters Steal Everything In Sight.)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts