Spell Books - How do they work?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Wraypau

If you have some spell books, how do they work? I have a book called Spell Tome: Lesser Ward. It is suppose to give armor increase of 40 pts and negates 40 pt of spell damage.

Do i use this on my armor? Is it a one time thing, where it is only good for a certain length of time? Do i cast it on myself? I am unsure how this works. Thanks!

Kurrus

You read the book first. Then you can use the spell from your Magic menu, or map it to your favorites. The lesser ward is cast on yourself and will increase your armour rating for a short time.

Edit: You can use it over and over, as long as you have the Majicka.

Stone

Retired Moderator
Moved to help section.

Added a question mark at the end of the threadname so that users don't confuse it with a tutorial.

dragonborn---

"They Call Me, Dragonborn"
For some odd reason, I have about 12 in my inventory, I didn't really know how to use them either, So I kept with me...

googalizer

if you own a house you can "open" an inventory of a book shelf and place books there. Then when you "close" the shelf's inventory it'll place all the books on the shelf all nice and neat......other than looks, there's no reason not to sell the spell books or skill books after you've read them.

googalizer

I'm no mage but a Ward is a small force shield that blocks magic attacks, but only if you're holding down the spell, once you let go the ward stops....There is other spells like stoneflesh or oakflesh that you cast once on yourself and your armor is increased for like 60 seconds or however long the spell says.....but the wards you have to hold down.....plus like I said wards I believe don't block physical damage just magic....so arrows and swords still cut you.....

Ebony Knight

Lore Sword
I'm no mage but a Ward is a small force shield that blocks magic attacks, but only if you're holding down the spell, once you let go the ward stops....There is other spells like stoneflesh or oakflesh that you cast once on yourself and your armor is increased for like 60 seconds or however long the spell says.....but the wards you have to hold down.....plus like I said wards I believe don't block physical damage just magic....so arrows and swords still cut you.....
....yes.....