Xbox 360 Speech leveling up???

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Ranser

so i have been working on leveling up everything i can and the speech one is one that i am interested in. i have been following some of the things i have found other places and i haven't leveled up my speech at all! any ideas or anything i can do besides selling everything i can get my hands on???? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nighthiker77

If you've already leveled your crafting skills, it is easy to level speech by buying materials and selling crafted goods made from them. If you haven't, working on crafting skills will automatically level your speech.

Ranser

i have been making everything i can get my hands on at the forge and thats been going good, but i have yet to level up at all in speech and i have been doing this for about a week roughly about 2 hours a day doing nothing but that.

what i have been doing is buying all the iron i can and making daggers seeing they dont cost a lot to make and then enchaining them if i have the gems to do so. i sell them right after that.

Nighthiker77

Use Waterbreathing with petty soul gems on boots or jewelry, banish or absorb health /stamina/ magica on weapons. I think sneak and archery pay pretty good on jewelry too.

If you have the Dwarven perk, make dwarven bows from dwemer scrap, and buy all the iron or silver ore and transmute to make gold jewelry.

Ranser

i would love to do anything with water breathing but i havent found anything with that enchantment on it. any idea where i could find that as well as something with sneek?

Rumor

Not an expert but may be able to help.

First, speech is a stealth skill & covered by the Thief Stone - one of the 3 (I think) stones that can easily be found when heading to Riverwood from Helgen. Utilizing that stone makes you learn stealth skills 20% faster.

Second, I always rest an hour in a bed I own before I sell anything. The "well rested" bonus adds another 10% to the speed of skill increases (all including crafting, combat skills, sneak) for an 8 hour period. If my character doesn't own a bed, I wait until she does. After my nap, I then give a coin to the town beggar because that has a temporary boost to your speech/persuasion. If you're worried about the one gold, if only because it was yours or like the challenge - you can then steal it back. Not that I would ever do such a horrible thing ;).

Don't forget about skillbooks & even more importantly trainers. If you're worried about the cost, which may be a normal reaction to new (and even stingy characters such as myself) - you can work on pickpocket at the same time and take the money back - if that's the direction your character is going.

And it's already been said that the value of transaction inputs the increase amount too. So, I always improve things before I sell them. You can make a potion of fortify barter with monarch butterfly wing, dragon tongue & tundra cotton. You can also use hagraven claw but those are too rare when more abundant ingredients do the same thing. I didn't use them forever because I figured "what good is 30 seconds when it takes me longer than that to go through this crap to find what I'm selling?" - but then I realized the clock stops after the barter menu comes up.

Making stuff makes your crafting skill increase faster than improving & uses more material. I usually just improve what I loot, which boosts craft skill & adds to their worth which benefits the value during transactions. Again, I tend to collect a bunch of stuff - then improve 30-40 plus items at once. And again, if your trying to level up then I would sleep for an hour in a bed you own. I never try to level up crafting or speech without napping.

As for waterbreathing, I lucked out on this character & pickpocketed one very early in the game off the Jarl of Whiterun :). Don't know if your character is a thief but I got a lot of my early enchantments that way & I think sneak was one of 'em.

Hope this helps.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts