Speaking of mods...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

How do you feel about body mods/art?

• Love them! Have some/want some.

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Not my cup of tea, but to each their own.

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Don't understand the point.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kyleekay

There's so much talk here at SF about Mods for the actual game, it made me curious how fellow community members "mod" themselves. :) If there is another thread like this already, I apologize.

Do you have any body mods? If so, post them here. I'm always interested to see other people's body art. The poll is just to satisfy my own curiosity.

I'll start.

Piercings (14 Total)

• Ears- 3 on each lobe (my lobes are stretched to 3/4 in.), left Tragus, right Tragus, two generic cartilage piercings on right ear, one generic cartilage on left, an Industrial Bar on my left ear.
rightear.jpg leftear.jpg
  • Tongue (1)
  • Belly Button (1)
Tattoos (4 Total)

• Left Wrist, "Love Life"
lovelife.jpg
  • Right Wrist, "Be Brave"
bebrace.jpg
  • Back, "Have No Regrets" (Photo was from RIGHT after I got inked)
havenoregrets.jpg
  • Left Foot, Stargazer Lily (my favorite flower)
foottat.jpg

I plan to get at least one more piercing (I'd like to have 15 total :p) and a BUNCH more tattoos. Go on, now... post your Body Mods if you've got 'em, or just discuss how you feel about them. :)

Brizzle Kicks

Welcome To The Underground
I have a couple of tats I'm getting some more done but the chap that does mine fell off his bike and broke his arm a few weeks ago so have to wait. Piercings have never been my thing I was thinking about getting a bar in my eyebrow ages ago but having seen my mate get into a fight and have it ripped out put me off. Don't get me wrong they are cool and look bad ass just not my style.

PB180292.JPG

PB180290.JPG

kyleekay

I used to have my ear pierced. Didn't really like that, but I'd love to get some tatoos once I have the money and the inspiration!

Do you have any ideas for which tattoos you'd like to get?

I have a couple of tats I'm getting some more done but the chap that does mine fell off his bike and broke his arm a few weeks ago so have to wait.

I like the ones you have so far. :) What are you getting done, once your artist recuperates?

Brizzle Kicks

Welcome To The Underground

I like the ones you have so far. :) What are you getting done, once your artist recuperates?

Cheers I'm getting a cartoon dog (British Bulldog) wearing a t-shirt with a St George's cross on and the three lions England badge with some writing 'One Club One Country'

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
When I have the money and cease to be a wimp, I plan on getting this inked at the base of my neck:

296904-1190846-AlBloodseal.jpg

It's the symbol that bonds Al's soul to the armour in FMA. I see it as a symbol that my soul is bonded to my body, which quite frankly, has fallen apart on me. But it's the physical vessel that keeps my soul here in this world. I'm stuck with this body, piece of junk that it is, or my soul goes into the void.

Otherwise, my earlobes are both pierced three times, my left cartilage is pierced, and I used to have a belly button piercing that I did right before I got pregnant, and I stretched so much that it had to come out and it healed over.

Panda Rawrlord

Herald of Panda-Monium
I've never been interested in getting pierced/tattooed. Sure, piercings and tattoos look freaking awesome but I just can't see myself with either. I dunno, to me they look cool on everyone but me. XD

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
I like the appearance of tattoos and piercings (mostly gauges/plugs,) but I wouldn't like to spend the time that goes with stretching my ears/getting full arm sleeves tatted on. But if I could get a full sleeve or two in an hour, I think I would. xP

kyleekay

I've never been interested in getting pierced/tattooed. Sure, piercings and tattoos look freaking awesome but I just can't see myself with either. I dunno, to me they look cool on everyone but me. XD

I've known a few people who think that, actually. I guess you're better off not getting any if you're unsure about it, then going through with it, and being unhappy. :p

I like the appearance of tattoos and piercings (mostly gauges/plugs,) but I wouldn't like to spend the time that goes with stretching my ears/getting full arm sleeves tatted on. But if I could get a full sleeve or two in an hour, I think I would. xP

Really, you prefer stretched ears over normal piercings? That's a verrrry rare view (and one that I obviously agree with you on!). I know what ya mean about the time it takes, though... at one point I ripped one of my ears during the process, and almost gave up. Glad I didn't, though. :)

AS88

Staff member
I like the ones on yours wrists, original!

I am really not a fan of piercings, but I'm all for tasteful tattoos :) My dad has one on each of his forearms, and while I wouldn't get them there myself, his look amazing now because he's quite tanned and the tattoos have weathered (much like my dad in general :p) , so they look awesome!

I will eventually get something, something special to me that symbolizes my parents, who I'm really close to. My mum died a couple of years ago so it's made me more determined than ever to get something in the next few years. I'm thinking about a butterfly perched on a wolf's nose, sounds random, but the animals are/were their favourites and it pretty much sums up their personalities and their relationship. It's just finding a way to design it to make it not corny, and look right wherever I have it.

My gf has a tattoo on her foot, and one on her hip/stomach, and she has a bellybutton piercing, and I've since banned her from getting anything else :p

One of my best mates got an ear stretcher, and I absolutely slaughtered him for it, although that was partly for everyone's entertainment :p

kyleekay

I like the ones on yours wrists, original!

I am really not a fan of piercings, but I'm all for tasteful tattoos :) My dad has one on each of his forearms, and while I wouldn't get them there myself, his look amazing now because he's quite tanned and the tattoos have weathered (much like my dad in general :p) , so they look awesome!

I will eventually get something, something special to me that symbolizes my parents, who I'm really close to. My mum died a couple of years ago so it's made me more determined than ever to get something in the next few years. I'm thinking about a butterfly perched on a wolf's nose, sounds random, but the animals are/were their favourites and it pretty much sums up their personalities and their relationship. It's just finding a way to design it to make it not corny, and look right wherever I have it.

My gf has a tattoo on her foot, and one on her hip/stomach, and she has a bellybutton piercing, and I've since banned her from getting anything else :p

One of my best mates got an ear stretcher, and I absolutely slaughtered him for it, although that was partly for everyone's entertainment :p

Thank you, sir! :)

I really like your ideas for your tattoos... though I am sorry to hear about your mom. The idea to pay her tribute through a tattoo is really sweet. <3

As for your GF, my husband has tried to "ban" me from anything further. I laughed at him and said "Ok, whatever you say, honey". :D

AS88

Staff member
You're welcome!

Yeah thanks :) My gf keeps telling me to go to a tattoo artist, and they'll design it exactly how I want. I am waiting for a while first though, I want to get in the gym a little bit first :p

Haha, well my gf will listen, because I am "the sexiest man alive" hahahaahhahah :rolleyes:

Omega Dragon

I have my left-ear pierced, or did when I was a teen anyways. I stopped caring about earrings because the only earring style I wanted cost too much.

I do want my own tattoo though, and yes I mean only one tattoo because it's gonna be so big if I ever manage to get it. (It's going to be a shadow dragon covering my entire back carrying a piece of barbwire with a small black skull on a piece of paper on one of its claws.)

Monolith

The Progeny of Vikings
I think tattoos and piercings look great on some people.. but I'm not one of those people :D I had both my ears pierced in my late teens, but then decided to remove the piercings when I was 26 or so. At least sleep is more comfortable without them, as the ear studs would often dig into my earlobes or the surrounding skin when my head rested on the pillow and they were caught in between :p

I do use weight lifting and healthy eating to sculpt my body, which I suppose could be considered another form of body modification :)

kyleekay

At least sleep is more comfortable without them, as the ear studs would often dig into my earlobes or the surrounding skin when my head rested on the pillow and they were caught in between :p

Monolith, lol. I feel your (literal) pain when it comes to sleeping with piercings in. My head feels like a damn pin-cushion sometimes. :p

Monolith

The Progeny of Vikings
Monolith, lol. I feel your (literal) pain when it comes to sleeping with piercings in. My head feels like a damn pin-cushion sometimes. :p

Haha yeah, that was one major reason why I made the decision to take them out :D I couldn't be arsed with removing them every night (even though I only had 1 stud earring per ear), so I usually just slept with them, wincing and adjusting my head in an effort to find a comfortable position.

kyleekay

As the number of piercings in my ear grew, my pillows slowly became softer and softer. Firm pillows don't sit well with 12 ear piercings, and I'm sure as hell not going to take ALL of them out every night. :p

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
I don't wear my earrings when I sleep....I hardly wear them ever, actually. But I've had the holes for so long they're still there. :)

I don't really have any solid ideas, otherwise I'd have them right now! :p I don't want to get just anything inked on me, that's the thing. :D

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts