• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
This is a wonderful game and an immaculate universe filled with endless inspiration and euphoric escape from reality.

But it's just a game. Don't take it so seriously.

Saint Vicious

Still sober
What is the exact point of this thread? I have a life, job, bills, normal human things going on. As I'm sure most other posters here do. But I enjoy playing Skyrim for the reasons you mentioned. I'm not centered around a game. But when I get killed by a mudcrab after killing a dragon and i'm already low on health. Then yes, I tend to get very serious.

Saint Vicious

Still sober
I'm sorry mods. I know threads like this never go in a good direction, but, I really truly can't help it on this one.

Cloud Smurf i'm about to go all Dr. Phil on you. But you say the first post is self-explanatory? Elaborate, please, because I did not get the overall point. As i'm sure many other members haven't either.

And as other member who have read my older post will know, I am not a gamer by any means. But Skyrim is just a good game, good enough to trap me anyways. So can you explain your first post? Or just admit to being an outright troll?

I changed my mind. I won't post on this topic again. No need to drag it out.

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
I think Saint Vicious (I almost wrote Sid Vicious, lol) has it right. I've got crap going on outside of video games... job, bills, debt, my footie club is crap right now, and through all of that, I can fire up my XBox for an hour or two and escape. Everyone needs something to escape into a little bit. A good book, a TV show, a movie, or a video game...hell, I love to go fishing, too. I have friends that go bird watching (and they take that very serious).

So, my point Cloud Smurf, is that you should get off your high horse and stand on the ground with the rest of us. We enjoy a game, we discuss a game, we argue over a game, but in the end, we all just want to have some fun.

Tilse

Spellsword
Okay...thanks for the reminder, I guess? I don't see the point in making a topic like this. I think you'll find people already realize that and live their own lives outside of video games, unless that is news to you as well.

So...I'm hip to the troll bait already. On a side note, mudcrabs damn...they've been working extra hard since Oblivion to make sure they cause hell for any passerby. Gone are the days of "I saw a mudcrab today" instead replaced by "I lost my left foot to a mudcrab". Nasty little beasts.

Mudcrabs make a mighty fine appetizer. Broil over a fire for a few minutes, crack open with a mace and dip the flesh into a fondue of melted mammoth cheese. Wash down with your favorite beverage.

Saint Vicious

Still sober
Wow, four winners in one post! I, I don't know what to say. I feel like I need to give a speech or something. Thanks, I really am glad I can entertain people. Make it five winners and I will write a full and complete article, just to make people laugh.

EDIT: Well that settles it. I'll start writing tonight when I get off work.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts