PC [SOLVED] Crosshair Disappeared!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

AbsoluteLemon

(I do not use ANY mods, so mods aren't an issue)

Hello, I'm having an issue with my PC version of Skyrim. I used to play on the PS3 version but that was years ago and I don't remember having this issue, but since joining PC it's happened twice on two different characters.

For my first character, I had just left a cave, and the crosshair disappeared completely. The only thing that fixed it was going back to a previous save, but that set me back a long time.

For my second character, I was travelling by foot from Morthal, and just passed
Meeko's Shack
. This was a new game, so I was following the black shapes and outlines of structures and ended up at the Sawmill in Solitude. Once I got across the river, the courier appeared out of absolutely nowhere! He started off with his dialogue, and was in the middle of saying how I had a letter from the Jarl, when he then disappeared! I ended up taking screenshots because I thought him appearing was funny, but when my crosshairs disappeared it was very much NOT funny anymore. I very stupidly quicksaved at that moment and now the latest autosave I have is all the way in Morthal, but I really don't feel like going back and gathering all the ingredients/discovering locations again. Does anyone know a quick fix?

I can't view crosshair, HUD, subtitles (unless it's a choice conversation, like speaking to the orphans of skyrim, but preset dialogue doesn't show), septims being added to my inventory, and now when I take screenshots it doesn't show on the top left either. Once again, I don't use mods, so those aren't an issue. I've tried looking over the forums and using the fixes (like going into main settings and disabling/reenabling crosshair/HUD), but most of the issues come from people who use mods, which I don't (I'm trying to get all the achievements first, which sucks cause I want the patch fixes).

I haven't interacted with the Console yet (as that's how I broke the Blood On The Ice quest in my last game, I could never get it to start because I opened an unopenable chest with a cmd, so won't use unless absolutely necessary)

ScreenShot107.png ScreenShot108.png ScreenShot109.png

AbsoluteLemon

SOLUTION: I fixed my issue by completely exiting out of the game. I tried going back to old save files, dying, using console, and none of it worked so I went back to my quick save and went to desktop (I initially went to main menu) and it worked! No loss of data at all! :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts