• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
Do you fast travel? That seems to increase the likelihood of an attack.

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations
every single time i go to riverwood it gets attacked by a damn dragon what gives?

I have fought quite a few dragons over Riverwood. And not just fast traveling, a few have been there when I exit a building or just passing through.

i've also had to fight a couple dragons in riverwood after coming out of a building. the heck is going on? lol. also alvor died so im guessing theres not going to be another blacksmith in riverwood?

Saozig

Hippy
Riverwood is a frequent spawning site for random dragons. Alvor is perpetually suicidal when they show up too. It's one of the reasons why, in my games that I've done Dragon Rising, if I fast-travel there I try to do it when Alvor will be in his house, and whenever I come out of the Riverwood Trader the first thing I do is look for a dragon.

If it's a low level dragon I can have some success with luring it out of the town, to the path up into the mountains behind Faendal's house. But the higher level ones are a-holes and will insist on frying/frosting the hell out the main road through town, and everyone in it. Then of course they land by the lumbermill where NPCs make easy targets. I've had not just Alvor die, but Greta, Faendal or Sigrid too, along with guards. Never anyone utterly useless like Sven or Embry, sadly.

But the worst is when a dragon attacks Falkreath or Morthal and kills off people who give you quests that count toward thaneship. That really pisses me off. In my Dunmer's game, the first time I showed up at Morthal, a dragon attacked and killed three non-guard NPCs, including Benor and Lami. Lami's another one who dies a lot in dragon attacks--never forget the first time I found her fried on the backstairs of her store.

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations
I only had one casualty in Riverwood that I didn't re-load to fix. Only Camilla died. If any vendor or important NPC died, I re-loaded.

I do that anywhere there is a dragon attack. First thing after I kill it is check the casualties. Anyone important? Any vendors? Yes? Re-load.

Panthera

Don Gato
I only had one casualty in Riverwood that I didn't re-load to fix. Only Camilla died. If any vendor or important NPC died, I re-loaded.

I do that anywhere there is a dragon attack. First thing after I kill it is check the casualties. Anyone important? Any vendors? Yes? Re-load.
I do the same... I reloaded so many times until I managed to kill dragon without Alvor getting killed in the process.

sticky runes

But the worst is when a dragon attacks Falkreath or Morthal and kills off people who give you quests that count toward thaneship. That really pisses me off. In my Dunmer's game, the first time I showed up at Morthal, a dragon attacked and killed three non-guard NPCs, including Benor and Lami. Lami's another one who dies a lot in dragon attacks--never forget the first time I found her fried on the backstairs of her store.

VERY annoying when it happens in Falkreath, because that's such an underpopulated town at the best of times.

Shadow King

Grand master of the Order of Talos.
They should have added n.p.c respawns as an option Dragons ain't much of a problem anymore its those fukin vampires that piss me off even more because you have 2 vamps and a deathhound attacking one n.p.c you know ure reloading 10times at least to stop the death :sadface:. on my last build I walked into falkreath and there was 4 or 5 n.p.c dead I could not beleive it there went my 100 hours because my roleplay was fukd, Bethesda give us an update with a few more n.p.cs u scrooge mother fukas lol

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
There was one time when it happened in Riverwood. Alvor died (I sided with Hadvar) and the dialogue Sigrid and her Daughter had was really heartbreaking. *Manly tears

Wildroses

After much playing and lurking, I've come to the conclusion that every player/character has That One Town where a dragon ALWAYS attacks. For many people it is Riverwood or Falkreath, but I've heard people complain they can't go to Winterhold without a dragon attacking them. I had one character who would be attacked by a dragon every damn time she took one step out of the gates of Whiterun. Quite put her off travelling.

Twiffle

Dawnstar, i think they breed them in Dawnstar, and again another town that has a blacksmith with a death wish. I just had a blood dragon in Riverwood, damn thing nuked the place, faendel, alvor and wife plus 3 guards, utter carnage, but no match for me and my stabbing stick and some homebrew nasties on the end of it. :D

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
every single time i go to riverwood it gets attacked by a damn dragon what gives?

That’s good in my opinion !! You need dragon souls to unlock your shouts. Now, are you saying that you have been in Riverwood 10 times for example, and 10 times you have been attacked by a dragon ? If so, that never happened to me but I have been attacked several times when I either travel or fast travel to Riverwood ... ;)

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
After much playing and lurking, I've come to the conclusion that every player/character has That One Town where a dragon ALWAYS attacks. For many people it is Riverwood or Falkreath, but I've heard people complain they can't go to Winterhold without a dragon attacking them. I had one character who would be attacked by a dragon every damn time she took one step out of the gates of Whiterun. Quite put her off travelling.
I have a few spots myself and kind of look forward to them: Whiterun, West Tower; Riverwood (every frickin' time!); outside of Markarth; in the Courtyard at Winterhold College; and, of course, Falkreath. I'm sure there are others, but, at this point, I'm enjoying me some dragons. With my fire protection amulet and my frost protection amulet, as long as I remember to put them on, I don't have all that much trouble.

On a side note: Camilla? Really? I can't even get her to come out of her brother's store. Sheesh... I did have the crazy old lady that uses the tanning rack die the other day though. No huge loss.

OH! And I can't forget - when that wacky lady that says "Wabbajack! Wabbajack! Wabbajack!" shows up, I know I'm in for a dragon attack.

I still swear they follow me around though. Especially when I'm running cross country, all I get is dragon, after dragon after dragon. I can't carry all the bones so I have to keep fast traveling back home to Marketh to drop them off and then go back to where I came from to continue my Quest. It does get annoying. If it weren't for all the gold, I think I'd just run away. I would, but I'm about to perk to 100 on my smithing and can start manufacturing Dragon Armor! Of course there are no merchants that can afford to buy it, but at least all my followers are well equipped.

orca45

I have a few spots myself and kind of look forward to them: Whiterun, West Tower; Riverwood (every frickin' time!); outside of Markarth; in the Courtyard at Winterhold College; and, of course, Falkreath. I'm sure there are others, but, at this point, I'm enjoying me some dragons. With my fire protection amulet and my frost protection amulet, as long as I remember to put them on, I don't have all that much trouble.

On a side note: Camilla? Really? I can't even get her to come out of her brother's store. Sheesh... I did have the crazy old lady that uses the tanning rack die the other day though. No huge loss.

OH! And I can't forget - when that wacky lady that says "Wabbajack! Wabbajack! Wabbajack!" shows up, I know I'm in for a dragon attack.

I still swear they follow me around though. Especially when I'm running cross country, all I get is dragon, after dragon after dragon. I can't carry all the bones so I have to keep fast traveling back home to Marketh to drop them off and then go back to where I came from to continue my Quest. It does get annoying. If it weren't for all the gold, I think I'd just run away. I would, but I'm about to perk to 100 on my smithing and can start manufacturing Dragon Armor! Of course there are no merchants that can afford to buy it, but at least all my followers are well equipped.

Well, have you killed Alduin yet ? Have you discovered and kill all dragon lairs ? If your answer is “no” to both question, then I guess it is completely normal that you are being attacked. Alduin is trying to stop you from killing him and if beside that, you have not killing Miraak, he is also sending dragons to kill you. Once you finish with Miraak and Alduin, still dragons will show up but I don’t think that often. I have been attacked by 2 and up to 3 dragons at the same time, not that often but at least a couple of times in my game. I already finished Dragonborn and Dawnguard but I have not killed Alduin yet so I am being hunted by dragons which is cool in my opinion because I need to unlock some shouts and I do not have enough souls to do so. :bluedragon:

Daelon DuLac

Well, have you killed Alduin yet ? Have you discovered and kill all dragon lairs ? If your answer is “no” to both question, then I guess it is completely normal that you are being attacked. Alduin is trying to stop you from killing him and if beside that, you have not killing Miraak, he is also sending dragons to kill you. Once you finish with Miraak and Alduin, still dragons will show up but I don’t think that often. I have been attacked by 2 and up to 3 dragons at the same time, not that often but at least a couple of times in my game. I already finished Dragonborn and Dawnguard but I have not killed Alduin yet so I am being hunted by dragons which is cool in my opinion because I need to unlock some shouts and I do not have enough souls to do so. :bluedragon:
I have more souls than I know what to do with. I kind of quit the Blades Quest once I had to go to that stupid party at the Thalmor Embassy, so I haven't gotten that far yet. I'll get back to it though and then we'll see how it goes. I need to upload the DLCs but haven't gotten around to it yet.

orca45

I have more souls than I know what to do with. I kind of quit the Blades Quest once I had to go to that stupid party at the Thalmor Embassy, so I haven't gotten that far yet. I'll get back to it though and then we'll see how it goes. I need to upload the DLCs but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Ohh, I see, then get as many dragon souls as you can before you get to Solstheim. Once you start in the temple of Miraak, he will suck all dragon souls from all dragon you kill and if you do not have at least 3 ( to unlock Bend Will ), you will not be able to continue playing Dragonborn. Once you cleanse all the shrines ( sun, animal, water, air, etc ), then Miraak will not longer be able to steal the dragon soul from dragon killed by you. Just to let you know. :bluedragon:

Daelon DuLac

Ohh, I see, then get as many dragon souls as you can before you get to Solstheim. Once you start in the temple of Miraak, he will suck all dragon souls from all dragon you kill and if you do not have at least 3 ( to unlock Bend Will ), you will not be able to continue playing Dragonborn. Once you cleanse all the shrines ( sun, animal, water, air, etc ), then Miraak will not longer be able to steal the dragon soul from dragon killed by you. Just to let you know. :bluedragon:
Miraak can't suck all the souls you've already used, can he? After all, they are bound at this point. I have probably 20 extra at this point and have about 10 shouts (4 are complete all three levels). Is Bend Will in that temple?

I also find it fun to go back and kill the dragon again at a site I've already done, if for no other reason than I'm a greedy pig and want more bones, scales and moola!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts