So what do you think of Dragon Scale Armor and Dragon weapons

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Snake Tortoise

Here's For Your Trouble
I like the look of dragonscale, and I found a good use for it on a character I was leveling by making skills legendary. I started with heavy armour then when I hit level 100 with that I took the daedric and dragon perks to unlock dragonscale, which I the crafted so I could start leveling light armour. An easy transition when, even on level 15, I could already smith the armour set way past 250 points. If I can get light armour up to 100 on my current game I'll probably do the same with dragonbone armour

AS88

Staff member
IMAG01941_zpsc421d741.jpg

:)

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
I really like the Dragonscale armour and a lot of my playthroughs I wore the Ancient nord (my second favourite) until my smithing level was high enough to make dragonscale. I would make two sets of the boots and gauntlets. My main set I would have: Helmet - fortify Archery, Armour - Fortify health, Gauntlets - Fortify Archery, Boots - Resist fire. the second set I did: Gauntlets - fortify one-handed, Boots - Fortify one-handed. I was able to carry around the extra set as I would put perk point into the Light armour skill tree where armour does not weigh anything. This applies to any of the same type you carry in your inventory.

My only gripe about the Dragonscale would be the massive shoulderplates.

I love dragonbone weapons and I usually am conflicted as to whether I want to use my dragonbone bow or my pimped out dwarven crossbow. I always make a full set of dragonscale armour and weapons for my follower. Although I like to leave Annekke in the ancient nord as she looks hot in it :p

Cherry

Farfetch'd is judging you!
i don't use dragon armor just for the fact that my characters tend to be Heavy Armor. Daedric beats dragon armor hands down, now when i play Light Armor builds, i usualy wear quest gear example DB/TG armor, again when i can 1 shot an ancient dragon on legendary with mith my ebony bow, i dont need good armor rating, everything dies in 1 hit, and if it does't that why i carry poisons, i have poison that do in accsess of 200 poisoin damge per hit, toss in some paralyze potions and im set. Basically armor is used for looks and not function with my Light Armor builds.

"Daedric beats dragon armor hands down"

This is not really a true statement. Well-tempered, both sets easily reach the armor cap, and Dragonplate armor weighs less. Sure, the weight difference isn't really a deal either, but saying "Daedric beats dragon hands down" is simply false. The statistical difference between the two is negligible.

Now, when it comes to appearance, that's entirely subjective. I prefer Dragonplate in terms of appearance, but that's just me.

berzum

Why is the alto wine always gone?
i don't use dragon armor just for the fact that my characters tend to be Heavy Armor. Daedric beats dragon armor hands down, now when i play Light Armor builds, i usualy wear quest gear example DB/TG armor, again when i can 1 shot an ancient dragon on legendary with mith my ebony bow, i dont need good armor rating, everything dies in 1 hit, and if it does't that why i carry poisons, i have poison that do in accsess of 200 poisoin damge per hit, toss in some paralyze potions and im set. Basically armor is used for looks and not function with my Light Armor builds.

This is not really a true statement. Well-tempered, both sets easily reach the armor cap, and Dragonplate armor weighs less. Sure, the weight difference isn't really a deal either, but saying "Daedric beats dragon hands down" is simply false. The statistical difference between the two is negligible.

Now, when it comes to appearance, that's entirely subjective. I prefer Dragonplate in terms of appearance, but that's just me.
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Armor that link seems to back up what i said about daedric having a higher armor rating than dragon armor, now granted both sets will hit the armor cap, but before calling me wrong use facts, I don't tolerate ignorance, specialy when the info to back up what a person says can most of the time be found by doing a 30 sec search through the wiki.
Now i will agree that dragnon scale/ dragonbone looks better, it is more eye appealing imo, daedric is eye appealing to me if i want to be an evil character, reminds me of a dark evil ninja(not sure why though).

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
did you know that wearing a full suit of Daedric Armour apprantley increases intimidtaion by 10%

AS88

Staff member

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
Dragonscale armor fits an Argonian really well.

I think the armour was designed for an argonian!

I absolutely LOVE dragon weapons (except the dagger) I mean who cant say no to this:
dragonbone-weapons-bethesda.jpg

My Favourite has got to be the Greatsword, although the quiver of arrows looks cool, and the Warhammer looks like it would have hurt coming off the poor dragon :p

Did somebody say Dragonbone Crossbow?

maxresdefault.jpg

AS88

Staff member
I hate the vanilla Dragonbone weapons, save for the sword, greatsword and bow. Especially the warhammer, it's ridiculous.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/24941/?

This will definitely be an addition once I'm on PC

Twiffle

did you know that wearing a full suit of Daedric Armour apprantley increases intimidtaion by 10%
I did not know this? how did you come upon that nice lil bit of info?

By...
doing a 30 sec search through the wiki

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Daedric_Armor_(Skyrim)

Look under 'Benefits'

;)

Erm just one point to the Wikia statement under Benefits, it states, ''Daedric Armor has the highest heavy armor rating in the game. This makes the Dragon Armor perk somewhat inferior in terms of protection.'' Well we all know that that isnt true due to the Armor cap, , so i take that info with what it deserves ''tongue in cheek'', as they are known to have made a numerous amounts of mistakes in the past, , although i will say that intimidation in that armor does seem plausible. IMHO,

AS88

Staff member
Erm just one point to the Wikia statement under Benefits, it states, ''Daedric Armor has the highest heavy armor rating in the game. This makes the Dragon Armor perk somewhat inferior in terms of protection.'' Well we all know that that isnt true due to the Armor cap

Yeah but, Daedric or Dragon isn't automatically at the armour cap. Check the values on the wiki, uesp or anywhere. Achieving the armour cap comes as a result of high smithing, heavy armour, alchemy, or a combination of effects.

Dragonplate doesn't have the initial armour rating, but is lighter compared to Daedric. However, if your character has the skills to hit the armour cap, Dragonplate could be considered slightly better due to the lower weight.

Can we draw a line under this comparison?

Twiffle

Erm just one point to the Wikia statement under Benefits, it states, ''Daedric Armor has the highest heavy armor rating in the game. This makes the Dragon Armor perk somewhat inferior in terms of protection.'' Well we all know that that isnt true due to the Armor cap

Yeah but, Daedric or Dragon isn't automatically at the armour cap. Check the values on the wiki, uesp or anywhere. Achieving the armour cap comes as a result of high smithing, heavy armour, alchemy, or a combination of effects.

Dragonplate doesn't have the initial armour rating, but is lighter compared to Daedric. However, if your character has the skills to hit the armour cap, Dragonplate could be considered slightly better due to the lower weight.

Erm please read all the post FFS, i was agreeing with you and disagreeing stating that Daedric or Dragon armor DOESNT START AT THE ARMOR CAP, jeez

AS88

Staff member

Erm please read all the post FFS, i was agreeing with you and disagreeing stating that Daedric or Dragon armor DOESNT START AT THE ARMOR CAP, jeez

I know, but my post clarified yours, which wasn't worded particularly clearly. Don't swear or blast capitals at me.

Cherry

Farfetch'd is judging you!

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Armor that link seems to back up what i said about daedric having a higher armor rating than dragon armor, now granted both sets will hit the armor cap, but before calling me wrong use facts, I don't tolerate ignorance, specialy when the info to back up what a person says can most of the time be found by doing a 30 sec search through the wiki.
Now i will agree that dragnon scale/ dragonbone looks better, it is more eye appealing imo, daedric is eye appealing to me if i want to be an evil character, reminds me of a dark evil ninja(not sure why though).

Did you even read my post properly? I didn't deny the fact that Daedric does have a slightly better armor rating than Dragonplate. I just said that the difference is very small. So small, in fact, that it really doesn't matter.

I only said "Daedric beats dragon hands down" was wrong because of the "hands down" part of it. The difference between the two is too small to say that one beats the other "hands down". You should read a post properly before calling me ignorant.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
I personally used Dragonscale for my ranger type character. I guess it was mostly for RP but I really like how the weapons look as well, I can only take so much "Dark, gloomy, doomy, armor of gloomy darkness and doom." you know? And glass is just... To bright and shiny for me.

Nocte Aeterna

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Film
Is it just me, or does the dragonscale set look too heavy to be classified as light armor? I understand that the dragon-level armaments needed a light armor set, but... imagine walking around in that thing. You'd be lucky to walk 50 meters. I don't know, I just feel like dragon hide armor would've sufficed a little more.

Ah, but who the hell am I kidding? This is Skyrim, after all.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
I would say it seems a little bulky but not really to ridiculous. I mean depending on the advancedness of the armor it would actually not be to hard to maneuver and walk around.

Though I would agree small changes to the legs, and arms would make it "feel" lighter

Twiffle

I know, but my post clarified yours, which wasn't worded particularly clearly. Don't swear or blast capitals at me.

Apologies, :beermug:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts