So non-committal

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Red5

Hi all, new here and just had a quick question. I have a ton of open quests including the main story line and MANY more, and I haven't committed to joining any particular faction as of yet.

My question is:
Say I decide to join up with the Imperial Legion today, while I still have the "Join the Stormcloaks," quest open. Will I still be able to do so? True for all or most other factions?

Thanks in advance!

Renegader

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, the Stormcloaks quest will just say 'Failed' and disappear.

Red5

And the reverse I assume?

So second question: if I join say, the storm cloaks, can I even travel to solitude with no reprucussions?

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
It doesn't matter as soon as you start either the Imperial Legion Quests or the Stormcloak Quests it cancels out the other. It has no bearing on which town you visit.
I did the Imperial Quests on my 4th or 5th character & I owned houses in both Solitude as well as Windhelm & I had also invested in every available business in both towns & I completed the Imperial Quests.

OoieGooie

Whatever you choose, it just opens the quest lines. You can either do A or B. Fairly straight forward.

Main quest lines tend to have very nice rewards at the end so its worth doing them.

Red5

Thanks for the info guys. Just beginning to understand the game. Think I'm gonna just dive in deep and see where I end up.