• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

T1d3

Article Writer
you can be cured of it. Go to the wizard in Morthal and if you give him a filled black soul gem he can cure your vamperism

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
i didn't want to be a damn vampire lol. what the hell happened?

It did happened to me even being a werewolf, believe it or not. That is why I changed my tactic when fighting vamps; from now on, this is what I do :
> Sneak
> Use Slow Time shout
> Either use your bow to kill them or your sword / dagger
> Protect yourself with the Stendarr’s Aura spell

If you have not time to sneak, use your slow time shout, activate your Stendarr’s Aura to protect yourself and hit them with your sword / dagger or the weapon of your choice. Don’t take any chance because I did and I got infected with vampirism. I did not cure because I reloaded my game and started to use the above tactic and so far, they are all dead and I am still a human. As the other suggested, get a cure from Falion in Morthal or reload your game and plan ahead. They are dangerous and you should take more precaution. Just my 2 cents. :)

DarkObliskTower

Dulist kingdom
Easy go to a in and ask about rumours try that i didnt see that in the above

DarkObliskTower

Dulist kingdom
No probs

the game wouldn't let me feed on ANYONE even though i was sneaking then everyone that saw me attacked me so i got really annoyed and started over. 50 or so hours gone..being a vampire sucks! lol

khazan99

Semi-professional cabbage collector
the game wouldn't let me feed on ANYONE even though i was sneaking then everyone that saw me attacked me so i got really annoyed and started over. 50 or so hours gone..being a vampire sucks! lol

I think you can only feed on people when they are sleeping; i.e, you need to sneak into someone's home at night. Then when you approach them in Sneak mode, you should get a second option (besides Pickpocket) that reads "Feed" when you move your target over them.

As far as I know, you can't feed on people who are awake and walking around, etc.

I think you can only feed on people when they are sleeping; i.e, you need to sneak into someone's home at night. Then when you approach them in Sneak mode, you should get a second option (besides Pickpocket) that reads "Feed" when you move your target over them.

As far as I know, you can't feed on people who are awake and walking around, etc.

that's what i did and i still didn't get a "feed" option at all

khazan99

Semi-professional cabbage collector
that's what i did and i still didn't get a "feed" option at all

Well that's odd. According to the wiki, it should work. Are you on PC ? Some people have posted that using the 'player.setrace' command has caused weird problems with their character in regard to being a vampire. See this thread for more info maybe: http://skyrimforum.com/threads/cant-feed-as-a-vampire-d.12642/

Do you have Dawnguard DLC? There were also some posts about having a vampire character before Dawnguard DLC, then, upon installing Dawnguard, the vampire character had some buggy behavior, especially if you had other mods running.

Hope you can get it fixed!

Saozig

Hippy
You don't automatically turn into a vampire. It takes about 3 in-game days after you've contracted it for that to happen. If you're getting attacked by guards, you're a full-fldged vampire. If you're just getting that weakness symptom at sunrise where the screen turns reddish, you're not a full-fledge one and should be able to cure it by drinking a cure disease potion or activating a shrine. I don't think you can get Falion to cure you of vampirism before becoming a full-fledged vampire, but I don't know since I never had to do it.

For future reference: to avoid turninginot a vampire when you don't wnat to, always check your Active Powers in the Magic menu after fighting a vampire. If you have contracted it, it will be listed there in red text. Then just drin a cure disease potion or get a blessing from a shrine.

Timenator

It turns out I'm also a stage 4 vampire, and I'd like to cure myself of it by visiting an innkeeper and doing the black gem quest. Thing is I get attacked on sight every town I go to, so how do I get to talk to an innkeeper who doesn't want to kill me?

Same goes for the companion quest to become a werewolf thus curing myself of vampirism that way

Any help gratefully received, this is my first playthrough and I don't want to start again...

Playing Wood elf helps some , and I always find a 100% resist disease Necklace , that gives me 150% resist a Vampire infection. Works , and I just found out bout Stendar 10 % block which im gonna get right now. These forums , and you guys Rock. Thanks people.

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
I just got into the habit of carrying around a few Cure Disease potions and downing them after encounters. Kill a few mudcrabs and grab their chitin. That's one ingredient. Then whenever you kill a vampire, grab it's dust (ingredient 2). That's all you need for a simple cure disease potion that will work. Most vampire lairs also have an alchemy station so these potions are easily made on the fly as well.

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
It turns out I'm also a stage 4 vampire, and I'd like to cure myself of it by visiting an innkeeper and doing the black gem quest. Thing is I get attacked on sight every town I go to, so how do I get to talk to an innkeeper who doesn't want to kill me?

Same goes for the companion quest to become a werewolf thus curing myself of vampirism that way

Any help gratefully received, this is my first playthrough and I don't want to start again...

You're gonna hafta feed on someone, which will return you to Stage 1 vampirism. If you have Dawnguard installed, there are humans in Castle Volkihar that you can just walk up to them and suck their blood. If not, your best bet is to find someone who is sleeping and bite their neck...easiest way is to break into someone's house at like 3 in the morning and sneaking up on some poor unsuspecting sod.

After you've done that, you should no longer be attacked and be free to talk to the innkeepers.