• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Asiaxfani

This question goes out to the people who like to RP their Skyrim characters, with backstrory and and personalities, etc. etc.

So how did your Dragonborn react when they learned they were Dragonborn in the first place? What kind of a person is your Dovahkiin, and did learning this change their personality somehow?

My first character, a Redguard girl named Jabirah, "Jira" is a practical, a bit hot headed lady with a strong sense of honor. To her, it was a shock. She couldn't believe it, and it took her a long while to gather the courage to actually climb to High Hrothgar and face the Greybeard. Along the road she eventually has come to terms with her Dragonborn nature. She doesn't really believe destiny, and learning the truth about her powers hasn't really changed that. She doesn't think she's destined to save Skyrim. The only thing she knows is that she will give it her best shot.

My half-Altmer thief Ginalee, on the other hand, was quite the different story. It didn't take her more than a few seconds to be convinced that she was indeed Dragonborn. Having been looked down upon her whole life, she was very eager to believe that she was "special" and therefore better than anyone else. She doesn't give a crap about being a hero. To her, being Dragonborn equals power, and power is means to finally getting the one thing she has always longed: appreciation.

So that's my girls, what about yours?

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
My Hunter, Venator, was VERY into the idea. He's a devout follower of Hircine and Kyne and devotes his entire life to hunting. To him, it was a sign that his Great Hunt was the hunt of dragons.

My very shy thief on the other hand literally reported to the Jarl and ran to hidenin the darkest hole she could find(the ratway). She didn't want to be special or for people to notice her, so she just refused to acknowledge it. I never actually did the main quest with her...

Orcs Are Your Friends

Burz gro-Khash Is My Hero.
My wanderer took the confusion first, then humble approach.

i.e.

"I don't know. I absorbed some kind of power from it."

"Are you the Dragonborn?"
"The Greybeards seem to think so."

My character is just happy he didn't lose his head. This means more mead and wenches.

Pretty Vampires

Bunny Foo Foo
I have different characters but this one...

She grew up in Solitude without a mother. Went through some "complicated" things. When she became an adult, she moved to Hammerfell, lived there for 5 years and became a Mage. She wanted to travel back to Skyrim to face her past to get over it. Bandits attacked her carriage leaving the driver dead. You know what happens next.

In Helgen Keep she picked up the book "Dragonborn" and anything else that might be worth value. Walking to Riverwood, Ralof mentioned Bleak Falls Barrow which gained her curiosity.

She spent 4 days in Riverwood, chopping wood, swimming and working the forge at night. So much happened within such a short time (come back to face past, about to be executed, DRAGON APPEARS!) so she needed something to release all the tension. She was walking to Bleak Falls Barrow with the simple hope of finding violence to release all her anger, rage, and confusion of the recent events.

While walking across the bridge, she opened the "Dragonborn" book and read it. After getting all the way to the word wall, she didn't know what the hell that blue light did to her.

ETC ETC, go to Whiterun, beat big bad Dragon

When she found out she was the Dragonborn she was happy but mostly confused as she still hadn't resolved her other problems so for this to be thrown on her all at once made her go almost mad.

She wanted to release even more tension so she joined the Dawnguard knowing nothing about the plopsstorm coming up. Now she's a vampire that is on Skooma trying to balance everything out and she's going crazy.

coinop25

My megalomaniac Wood Elf basically figured, "Well, of course I'm the chosen one." Then, figuring it his divine right, he proceeded to conquer every guild in Skyrim.

My rather dour Dark Elf took it as a great weight on his shoulders, a responsibility that he was hesitant to accept but knew to be true. Then, figuring he needed all the resources he could get, he proceeded to conquer every guild in Skyrim.

My Breton vampire saw it as one more sign that it was his destiny to feed on the weak. Then, figuring it'd make for a good food source, he proceeded to conquer every guild in Skyrim.

My Khajiit doesn't know he's the Dragonborn yet. He's just in Skyrim to get revenge against the Dark Brotherhood for killing his brother, a monk of the Whispering Fang school. I'm guessing he may find out shortly after taking down the Dark Brotherhood, which will give him a new sense of purpose in life. (Also, he's from a merchant family, so it's likely he'll try to establish a successful life by conquering every guild in Skyrim. Or at least the profitable ones.)

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
My megalomaniac Wood Elf basically figured, "Well, of course I'm the chosen one." Then, figuring it his divine right, he proceeded to conquer every guild in Skyrim.

My rather dour Dark Elf took it as a great weight on his shoulders, a responsibility that he was hesitant to accept but knew to be true. Then, figuring he needed all the resources he could get, he proceeded to conquer every guild in Skyrim.

My Breton vampire saw it as one more sign that it was his destiny to feed on the weak. Then, figuring it'd make for a good food source, he proceeded to conquer every guild in Skyrim.

My Khajiit doesn't know he's the Dragonborn yet. He's just in Skyrim to get revenge against the Dark Brotherhood for killing his brother, a monk of the Whispering Fang school. I'm guessing he may find out shortly after taking down the Dark Brotherhood, which will give him a new sense of purpose in life. (Also, he's from a merchant family, so it's likely he'll try to establish a successful life by conquering every guild in Skyrim. Or at least the profitable ones.)
I believe I sense a pattern here... hint: it involves Guilds

The Fallen Hero

Master Assassin; Hybrid
My current character Catarina Acrylite is 3rd generation Dragonborn. Her grandfather Malek and her mother Kaya were Dovahkiin. She knew it was coming and frankly didn't want it. She's an assassin at heart, and a Bosmer Archer. She's a savage untamed beast feeding on the living and feasting on the hearts of the dead. She cared little for being one with the Dovah. She longs for the hunt and just took this as an easy way to get free blood to saturate her thirst. She will take the role of Dragonborn but will leave lifeless corpses in her path.

Inquisitor Saken

polan can into space?
"Another world that gives me Mary Sue status at the start? Neat."

As someone who often wanders into worlds like this, Joe is very used to this kind of story-driven power. Know that he'll abuse it; he isn't someone who will act responsibly. He's only playing around in Skyrim to amuse himself.

Scar

Redneck DragonBorn Nord
Scar was raised in the woods and on the streets. He learned how to watch after himself and survive without thievry. Well he got into a fight at a Inn in Cyrodiil and managed to end up on a prison wagon in Skyrim. When he escaped the dragon attack, he knew it wasn't pure luck. There was something in stores for him. He high tailed it to Whiterun and warn the Jarl of the attack. Long story short: When the dragon came back to attack, he dispatched it with style and brutallity by jumping on its head and stabbibg it a few times. He absorbed the soul and released the first wor: "FUS" or "Force." He didn't realizr it at first but he knew he was Dragonborn when he was summond by the Greybeards. Now he's hell bound to kill all the dragons and anybody else who stands in his way.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
So my character is going crazy and becoming a psychopath... did not see this coming when I created her lol
Scary, ain't it? Never thought mine would turn in to what he's turned in to either. Psycho and Saint.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts