• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Ereshkigal

How much should I invest in this tree if i'm going for strictly thief/assassin. So far I'm going to go with Sneak, Archery, pickpocket, Lockpick, illusion.. Should I think about other trees as well ?

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
The right side of the tree at the highest levels is amazing. It makes a sneaky bow or pair of daggers Godlike!

Ereshkigal

Yeah I was checking all the stealth trees out. It feels like I'm going to be stretched out with perks. At least to pull of THF/Assassin build. I will say this, I'm having an exciting time on master

AS88

Staff member
On the sneak characters I've used, I've not needed to go higher than Silent Roll on the left, but fill out the right. Also, you don't really need more than one point in the bottom 1/5 perks, or you'll find yourself getting really overpowered, really quickly.

As for other skills, you could have a look at one-handed or light armour (alteration if you're using robes (make sure you have quiet casting from illusion, though)).

RE: Stealth Perks. Not only does it overpower you early on, but later in the game, they're basically wasted. I've gotten Sneak up to 100 without any perks in it just to check, and you're just as stealthy at that level with no perks as with Stealth (5). Better save those points for elsewhere. As for the rest of them, Muffled Movement is damned near worthless, other than the higher perks on the tree it unlocks. Silent Roll rules, especially combined with Great/Critical Charge if you figure out the timing, and spacing. You can use that combo to backstab someone clear across the room, which is handy if there's multiple targets facing each other. Assassin's blade is OP, but some people like that. Deadly Aim is more than enough, because you can just shoot them long before they have a chance to see you. No need to worry about tricky combos, just shoot, and scoot.. Sneak/Archery is probably the most powerful combination in the game, if you just want to make it boringly easy. Pickpocketing is, of course, a totally different matter. If that's your focus, you may actually want an extra point, or two in Stealth.

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
I went heavy into Lockpicking on my first character, wish I hadn't even spent a single point in there.

Pickpocketing is nice for one reason only, Extra Pockets, the other perks just aren't worth it I find.

As for Archery, fill that out with only one point in Critical Shot, and maybe one point in Steady Aim.

Sneak is a tree I would fill out except for only one point in Stealth and I find you can easily pass up on Shadow Warrior.

The real tree that will kill you is Illusion. You need to fill that tree out to even affect higher level enemies with your spells. I have a quick reference for affected enemy levels here: Quick Reference For Affected Enemy Level For Illusion Spells | Skyrim Forums

Other than that you don't need any other skills other then maybe Light Armor for protection and the Wind Walker perk. I wouldn't even touch crafting skills as they will only over level you. For what I believe are the must have perks here's a link to the perk calculator: Skyrim Perk Calculator - Plan the perks for your Skyrim character before spending them!

Sneak + Illusion combination is unstoppable. At higher levels, you can eliminate a swarm of Draugr Deathlords in the blink of an eye with this combination. Since the perk calculator doesn't seem to be working, I'll just tell you what I think corresponds with the build.

By the way, the Thief Stone's 20% bonus applies, mysteriously, to the Warrior-Class Skill Archery.

Perks:
  • Full Archery - 13 Perks; 1/3 in Critical Shot.
  • Full Sneak - 10 Perks; 2/5 in Stealth
  • Full Light Armor - 10 Perks
  • Pickpocket - 5 Perks;
  1. Light Fingers 2/5
  2. Night Thief
  3. Cutpurse
  4. Extra Pockets
  • Alchemy - 5 Perks; Alchemist 5/5
  • Full Illusion - 12 Perks; Minus Master Illusion
So 56 total.

Nate5252

Well what i did was join both thieves guild, Dark brotherhood, and companions for my archer sneak build. Aela for archery mostly and other characters to raise your skills.

Bad-People

Supreme Overlord of the Barbarian Tribe of Hothor
It's really the only tree a have ever filled out completely with a single character.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts