• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Julio Coolio

I just got Dawnguard and I want to become a Vampire Lord, largely because it sounds awesome, but I do have one major concern. I believe I've read somewhere that if your "ability to detect" goes over 100% it restarts, so because the Vampire Lord adds a 25% "harder to detect" to your overall, I was wondering if I would go over 100% with these stats: 100 sneak, and 5/5 in Stealth with no other enchants.

Nighthiker77

I don't think it's a concern. I have a Breton vampire Lord at 90+ sneak, 1/5, and never really noticed a difference. 100 sneak with silence is plenty good enough. Everybody seems to like the vampire Lord form, but for that character, it was like 20x harder to stay alive. I never got it perked out though. I got tired of dieing, served harkon his humble pie, never changed anymore, but i didn't heal her because I like the night eye. I haven't tried vampiric grip though, and that seems to be the best part.

Eta: a lot of stuff in the wiki was for debugging purposes and isn't necessarily valid anymore. I'm also running unofficial patches so mine might be different from yours