• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

zFrenzyy

Assassin at your service
I was going to enchant my items but wanted to know what was best for me.
I am a sneak-type person.
If i were to do sneak/ I would have 47% sneak.
I currently have sneak % as a choice but not muffle.
So, which one should I pick?
URGENT!

Phobos

Really strange you just posted this. I just logged on to search for threads on muffle and sneak.

I have 100 sneak and don't believe that boosting sneak does anything with that high a level in the perk. I have not seen a boost when using enchanted gear or potions. I have the 50% muffle perk and wear the Dark Brotherhood boots that are also muffled.

IMO using the muffle perk on your boots is more beneficial for an assassin if your sneak is high enough.

zFrenzyy

Assassin at your service
Yeah, same here, but no luck finding it :x
I'm just saving my game then killing the shop owner then loading it before the kill.
It refreshes your stock if you did not know

Phobos

I am not too concerned about it right now. I am happy with my DB boots but i would like to have a complete armor set for aesthetics and to add a second enchantment to my character.

I swear i saw it early on in the game and was too stubborn to spend the money. Now i have more money than i know what to do with.

Phobos

From searches on the innerwebs it seems that the boots appear most oftern at the war maidens in whiterun. Have you read differently?

I always buy from the woman because of the speech craft perk but i am not sure if she always carry's the same gear as the guy inside the structure.

I was going to enchant my items but wanted to know what was best for me.
I am a sneak-type person.
If i were to do sneak/ I would have 47% sneak.
I currently have sneak % as a choice but not muffle.
So, which one should I pick?
URGENT!

I use full plate armor with the illusion spell muffle and the sneak perk muffle. DOUBLE MUFFLE!

zFrenzyy

Assassin at your service
I use full plate armor with the illusion spell muffle and the sneak perk muffle. DOUBLE MUFFLE!
What does muffle actually do?
It makes you 50% harder to find right?

What does muffle actually do?
It makes you 50% harder to find right?

It makes you 50% harder to hear not neccisarily find. I'm a vampire so i walk around in plate armor with the perk muffle and the illusion spell muffle. When i hit stage 4 vampire and gaurds attack me i can turn on invisability and sneak away unheard in my plate.

Jaeger

So sneak % is basically like the same thing?
I'm confused

There are many variables in sneaking (lighting, armor type (and weight of armor), do you have a dog, visual, rate of movement, etc). Muffle just sets the armor to nil in the calculation.

trekie4ever

I played around with muffle and sneak... with muffle spell I could walk right in front of falmer (they are technically blind) while sneaking nd not be detected. Did that a lot in blackreach. Without muffle I would always be detected and I have sneak at about 90 without muffle perk. Likewise with muffle while sneaking i couldn't walk right in another creatures face. So high sneak in general is great without muffle but together you are much harder to find.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

XbSuper

From searches on the innerwebs it seems that the boots appear most oftern at the war maidens in whiterun. Have you read differently?

I always buy from the woman because of the speech craft perk but i am not sure if she always carry's the same gear as the guy inside the structure.

The guy inside actually does have a different stock than the woman.

stagnant94

yeah, i find muffle more useful but it depends on your playing style

dbukalski

muffle is noise (armour, how fast your moving)
sneak is visual (enemy LOS, lighting)

these 2 together affect whether enemy will know your there. You can only get damage multiplier by crouching though.

An oppoennt that is blind or with back turned to you will not know your coming if your 100% muffled. If your not in anyones LOS it doesnt matter what the lighting is

Knocking items to the ground, dogs, companions can give away that your there no matter how good your sneak/muffle is.

Muffle boots = 50% muffle so to be completely silent you need another 50% from spells, potions or perks.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts