• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

tomaja

Hi,

What ia the difference between Shrouded Gloves' "backstab does double damage" and Cicero's gloves "double sneak attack damage with one handed weapons"? Is it only wording?

I tried both and when I perform a successful sneak attack with a dagger in the top left hand corner I can see "x30" with both Shrouded and Cicero's.

Btw, assassin seems pretty strong, maybe even slightly OP, as with a sneak attack on Expert I can 1-shot a Mammoth or a Giant :) Bows do not seem that strong unfortunately but with x3 sneak dmg bonus, stagger perk and some poisons they, in most cases, get the job done. If all else fails there are always invisibility potions :)

JoeReese

Looking at them both, side-by-side in creation kit, it would appear the enchantment is the same. They both are labeled DBEnchantGloves, which isn't defined in ck but there is only one such designation in the drop down menu. The biggest difference I can see, aesthetics aside, is that the Cicero (Jester) gloves weigh less and are considered clothing, where the DB (shrouded) gloves are heavier and considered armor. This would come into play, if you're a mage, relying on the "extra mage armor if not wearing armor" perk.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts