• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

mrlymric

I decided to change some my characters RP and now taking smithing, i have it at 100 and perks i have so is the all right hand side of the peek tree to Dragon Armor.

Do I need the very middle of the perk tree which is. Arcane Blacksmith?

Now the left side i did not take Elven Smithing, Advance Armors and Glass Smithing, since eight side tree from Ebony, Daedric and Dragon Armor are the very important one's to have :):):)

M'aiqaelF

Male, 32 years old, Denver area, CO
It's the only way to improve magical weapons and armor (i.e. the ebony mail); I recommend getting the perk

Volanere

Grand Magister
I decided to change some my characters RP and now taking smithing, i have it at 100 and perks i have so is the all right hand side of the peek tree to Dragon Armor.

Do I need the very middle of the perk tree which is. Arcane Blacksmith?

Now the left side i did not take Elven Smithing, Advance Armors and Glass Smithing, since eight side tree from Ebony, Daedric and Dragon Armor are the very important one's to have :):):)
Its definitely a must if you wish to make a powerful weapon more powerful.

-Swimbeast-

Praetorian
I would highly recommend it, because it allows you to upgrade magical weapons and armor. For example, if you found an awesome enchanted weapon (like an ebony dagger of paralysis or something) with that perk, you would be able to upgrade it, without any trouble.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Per the perk description, if you want to improve enchanted armor and weapons you need the Arcane Blacksmith perk.

The perks you take depend on your playstyle. Light armors are generally preferrable for stealthy characters as they weigh less until you get a weightless perk or use the Steed Stone because armor weight is a multiplier for calculating movement noise which in turn affects the likelihood of others detecting you when your sneaking.

OckhamsFolly

If you don't plan to be enchanting your own gear, then absolutely. If you do, well, you can always temper it first and then enchant it. It's still nice to have, in the event of crafting smithing gear in the future or brewing/finding stronger blacksmith potions so you don't have to make the gear from scratch to have it be its best, but it's hardly necessary at that point unless you're planning on exploiting to massive levels or absolutely need the statistically best gear you can get.

mrlymric

If you don't plan to be enchanting your own gear, then absolutely. If you do, well, you can always temper it first and then enchant it. It's still nice to have, in the event of crafting smithing gear in the future or brewing/finding stronger blacksmith potions so you don't have to make the gear from scratch to have it be its best, but it's hardly necessary at that point unless you're planning on exploiting to massive levels or absolutely need the statistically best gear you can get.

Atm i have full set of glass armor it is all enchanted by me, for sneak, archery and fire resist. And I went head and improved the who set and made all my glass armor intoLegendary :):):)

mrlymric

Is there any way to improve jewelry if so then how?

OR

Just armor and weapons only can be improved

I have alot of jewelry with all kind of enchantments i put on them for anything i need to increase myself or something i need to do better

OckhamsFolly

Is there any way to improve jewelry if so then how?

OR

Just armor and weapons only can be improved

I have alot of jewelry with all kind of enchantments i put on them for anything i need to increase myself or something i need to do better

Smithing only improves base stats, and as jewelry does not have any, you cannot improve them by Smithing.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

jRi0T68

If you're maxing enchanting, too, then you don't need this perk. You can just disenchant the item to learn the enchantment, craft your own item, improve it, then enchant it (possibly with 2 enhancements instead of one).

Hard to learn when you can't even figure out which public restroom to use (men's or women's)... -Z

mrlymric

Aye I have 100 enchanting all perks except for frost and shock, My smithing is 100 all right side to bone armor and I did decide to take arcane armor.

I can make all my armor and enchant them with any enchants and i can put two enchants on each piece of my weapon and armor.

What I have now is on all armor i wear complete set with 2 enchantments on each piece so i have combos of archery/sneak or sneaking/ fire rssists all along those lines since i. Archery/stealth build, so my important things i need and use is sneaking, bow damage and fire resist. So I have my armor set nicely and is all improved to legendary same with my bow.

Soon I will move to making all ebony armor then add all my achery/ sneaking/ fire resists enchant combos for each piece, atm my bow os ebony bow of fiery soul trap :):):)

Oh I also carry complete set for lockpicking and my skill is like 83 but i only have 1 point in first perk, no need to put anymore in, i am already opening master locks with no problems, i may even take that 1 point out of the perk once i finish main quest in dragonborn dlc and complate set for pickpockenting and my skill is 26 but with all my gear im at 100% so i am trying not to waste points on perks i don't need to add points too if i can already master it, meaning lock picking and pickpocking

Dagmar

Soon I will move to making all ebony armor...
Just bear in mind Ebony Armor is still bugged. The Matching Set perk doesn't apply to it.

If you're a stealth character Muffle is an important enchantment for your boots. Armor weight has a floor for calculating movement noise, i.e. it never goes to zero even with the weightless perks or Steed Stone power. The Muffle echantment is a factor in the movement noise formula and it has a magnitude of 1 meaning 100% movement noise reduction so it will negate all movement noise regardless of the weight of your armor.

mrlymric

Ok cool tyvm, and even on xbox 360 the matching set of ebony is bugged?

I will try to get to daedric and the. Bone armor soon.

mrlymric

I have another question to you Dagmar, since i have all the perks in sneak tree, which includes muffled movement 50% perk, I should still try to find an item that has muffle on it and disenchant it then enchant it one on of my pieces of armor so i get , I'm guessing 100% muffled movement?

Dagmar

If you have the Silence perk that also has a magnitude of 1 so you don't need the Muffle enchantment if you have that perk. However, you can't get it until your Sneak skill is 70, and if your already spending the perks for an Enchanting build it's a bit wasteful to spend any perks on the left side of the Sneak perk tree instead of simply putting a Muffle enchantment on your boots unless you intend to use Shadow Warrior a lot.

The Ebony Armor bug is a coding error so it's the same accrross all gaming platforms.

mrlymric

Ok I gotcha now and yes I have Sneak 100 and i have ALL the perks, so i will not worry about the muffle enchantment, that is one less enchantment to worry about ROFL

Tyvm :):):)

Oh wow I just realized Ebony Armor is heavy armor lol i will NOT be wearing Ebony. I stick to light armor only lol

Dagmar

I thought you said you were taking all the Smithing perks on the right side. Those are all for heavy armors. Are you taking them for the wepaons?

mrlymric

I thought you said you were taking all the Smithing perks on the right side. Those are all for heavy armors. Are you taking them for the wepaons?

Yes for weapons AND when I get more points ill fill out the left side of the perk tree, since right now i rarely ever get hit, mobs die before they touch me so that is why I went right side for weapons then later will do lft side perks:):):)

mrlymric

Here is what I wear as stealth/Archer at the moment

All Flawless

Glass Armor Health (health regens 31%, weapons and armor can be improved 25% better)

Glass Boots of Sneaking (sneaking is 40% better, Fire Resist by 46%)

Glass Gauntlets of Archery. (bows do 40% more damage, sneaking is 40% better)

Glass Helm of Archery (bows do 40% more damage, increase your magicka by 62 points)

Gold Ruby Necklace of Archery (bows do 40% more damage, increase fire resist by 46%)

Silver Ring of Archery (bows do 40% more damage, increase fire resist by 46%)

Ebony Bow (Legendary) (if targets dies within 7 seconds, fills a soul gem, Burns target for 10 points. Targets on fire take extra damage)Bow Dam 222 shows on screen with daedric arrows, now i do not know exactly the amount of damage i do to a mob yet, since i just improved my bow to legendary.

Archery 100 with all the perks

Sneak 100 with all the perks

Smithing 100 all right side to bone armor perk and middle arcane armor perk

Enchanting 100 all perks except for frost and shock

Light Armor 93 with almost all perks

Lockpicking 83 with 1 perk (i have full set of gear to unlock master locks)

Speach 100 no perks ( i have gear to get best prices and 100% persuasion?)

And No Alchemy, does not fit in for my RP at the moment but that can change tho lol

So how does that look?

To me seams it is working out great, i am level 58 and 90% mobs die with 1 shot rest takes 2 shots.

In the long run i will be going for the Dragonscale Light Armor Set.

I also have the dragonborn dlc so with the black book i can always get my points back out of smithing and not have both sides of the perks but at the moment, i will have a lot of points left over to use so i figure I just fill all smithing perks out eventually.