• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Auxilium

In my opinion..
My smithing is at Lvl 100 and was wondering how Blacksmithing Potions and corresponding enchantments effect the outcome of weapons and armor?

If someone could explain this to me it would be greatly appreciated, does it effect the base damage of the weapon or armor and so on?

Justin Kriegel

It does provide a greater damage boost / Armor boost for weapons and armor respectively. I saw something about it somewhere, I'll see if I can find it somewhere >.<

Edit: Found it! copied straight from UESP: "Values higher than 100 can be attained using "Fortify Smithing" equipment and Smithing potions, thus allowing any item to be made Epic or Legendary. With the appropriate perk, values continue to increase at the rate of about +0.2 per skill point for Armor, and +0.1 for other items."

Link

Auxilium

In my opinion..
Yeah any information would be helpful. I can use the potions but I need to find some equipment that improves smithing as well, haven't been successful in finding any yet.

Justin Kriegel

I've found Iron gauntlets that increase your smithing, so those are floating around. And the Notched Pickaxe increases your smithing, though it doesn't actually say by how much.

Auxilium

In my opinion..
Probably going to end up going to every town and checking their shops then continue from there, but I wish I could find out the amount of base damage added when you use potions or enchantments.

The wiki doesn't have the correct information.

Starr

I have 100 smithing,alchemy and enchanting and you need all 3 to maximize all armors and weaps.
you can make potions of 100% smithing bonus and wear 4 pieces of smithing+25% gear.
You obviously need enchanting maxed to make the smithing gear.
You need maxed alchemy to make the smithing potions and to make the +30% enchantment bonus potions.
Then drop it all on your favorite Daedric weapon since these are the best in game.
Make sure to Dual enchant the weapons and armor pieces as well - 4 pieces of +40-50% bow damage/1-2hand gear is quite nice.
Pop a potion of 100% bow damage/1-2 hand or 150% destruction damage when needed.
And top it all off with poison if so desired.
I hit level 62 today and can basically steamroll thru all content on Master Settings. I am nearly invincible in my Dragon Scale light armor, sneaking for 1 shot bow kills on most things or just whacking everything in the face with my Daedric mace of 31 life absorbsion/51 firedamage.

To answer you question - yes, it does affect the base stats of all armors and weapons. Perks further enhance these bonuses. My light Dragon Scale armor gives me over 1300 AP with my current perks and skills.
My bow does 2000-3000 damage with the 3x multiplier. the mace hits for 650ish or 3800ish with the 6x sneak multiplier. I have not tried any 2 handed weapons - seems overkillish ? lol

Auxilium

In my opinion..
Yeah I don't really want the power to kill anything in 1 blow, makes the game boring. I mean something as small as +10 or +15 base dmg compared to the regular base damage. Lol

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts