Skyrim will have treasure maps

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

xWinterIsComing

Pete Hines, VP of PR, confirmed that there will be treasure maps in the game so you can go on treasure hunts! It can be found here. It also says that more media of Skyrim will be coming out soon, so except some new videos, and screenshots soon!

uneasybuffalo

Hey That works for me one of my favorit things about Red Dead Redemption was chaseing down treasure. I am not a huge fan of starting out running the main quest line. I tend to spend a good 20hrs before I even hit the first area of main quest. I like to do everything, and help everyone. This game is probably going to be my favorit off all time if not already.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
Yeah, I agree. I loved RDD and treasure hunting will go well with elder scrolls game like skyrim too, especially with dungeons.

N3w_2_$kyr1min

Can't wait for Skyrim
Wow that sounds fluffing awesome. The only game I've ever played with treasure hunts was runescape, and I enjoyed that very much.. I think this will be a great addition to the game. :D

kossco

I really hope that the treasure maps aren't like the ones in Runescape. The Runescape treasure maps were horrible and never really worked out. I found myself everytime just going to a site that had guides for Treasure maps on it. Hopefully Bethesda will find a way to intergrate this into the game that's actually interesting.

N3w_2_$kyr1min

Can't wait for Skyrim
I never had a problem with them on RS, but the treasure was nearly always disappointing lol! I hope that's not the case in skyrim. :D

Jeruhmi

I can't wait to see how treasure maps will turn out. What's this about treasure maps in RuneScape? I thought it was just one world :S

N3w_2_$kyr1min

Can't wait for Skyrim
In runescape, members could go on these treasure hunts (aka treasure trails) if they found a map. There were three levels.. 1's easiest, 2 medium, and level 3's were the hardest. The hardest ones gave the best loot. ;) They were quite difficult though, so most people used guides on websites to do them lol.

Jeruhmi

Oh yeah, I know treasure trails. I thought you meant some type of map thing. Treasure trails sucked in my opinion :p

N3w_2_$kyr1min

Can't wait for Skyrim
I enjoyed them when I had nothing else to do, lol. I always like having the small chance of getting something really awesome.. I hope skyrim provides you with some sort of chance based thing where you might get a really cool item.

kossco

I'm really hoping that Bethesda will be completely original in this concept and make it nothing like any of the other games I've played, i.e Runescape, Maplestory I'm sure that treasure maps will be a small part of what is turning into a completely awesome game!

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Hopefully they will be like in the recent “Assassin’s Creed” installments so that you can uncover almost all secrets in the game without wasting endless hours on having to comb through every nook and cranny. For a price, of course.

Jeruhmi

I enjoyed them when I had nothing else to do, lol. I always like having the small chance of getting something really awesome.. I hope skyrim provides you with some sort of chance based thing where you might get a really cool item.
Yeah, you could always get something really awesome, or, most times something really plops... :p

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
... which could then be used in some funny quest. Like, you find some rusty old sword which seems useless but later find out that it is some extremely valuable artifact for which collectors would pay you a huge sum. Alas, some NPC came along before you learned of that and asked you if you would sell it to him. If you did, you would have to get it back from him.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
I hope this is a good indication that there won't be hard chests, and you lockpick it only to find out that the chest is filled with a yarn, a repair hammer and a couple of gold coins. hahahaha

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Apropos lockpicking, have they announced yet how will it work? I hope lockpicks won’t break as easily as they did in Oblivion. They don’t have to be made out of frickin’ wood or whatever they used in the previous title o_o

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
It's gonna work like the one from fallout 3. You probably need higher lock-picking skill to open harder difficulty. I still don't get why we need a separate skill for lockpicking though...

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Separate? Would you merge it with another one or what do you have in mind?

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
I don't know. I just feel that it's weird how lockpicking and pickpocketing are separate skills. I never really picked pockets in oblivion. If I wanted to steal something, I could just kill the guy with sneak attack and take everything.
I thought lockpicking was a completely useless skill in oblivion since we can pick the hardest lock at early levels. You can get a daedric artifact that's an indestructible lockpick. Maybe if they have lockpick like they did in fallout, it might be more important since picking locks is useful in quests and you can't just lock pick anything if you're skill is too low.

I guess they could make those skills more important than they seem with some perks. Maybe I'm not much of a stealth guy. I feel like those skills are too trivial to be on its own. It could merge with sneak or make a new skill called 'hand-dexterity' which would include lockpicking, pickpocketing and maybe even thowing weapons and hand-to-hand. I guess lockpicking was always a separate skill in TES games (as security) but did we have to take pick-pocketing out of sneak? It just gives me an impression that they just took it out of Sneak just to have 6 skills for each set of combat, magic and stealth.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts