• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

TheAzzazzinator

Hello fellow Skyrimers. I thought I wanted to share this article with you!

The article is very informative, and also has Q&A as a bounus
smiling.png
I recommend you read it, if you haven't already. Also some very cool pictures of the game's grapichs.

Enough of that.

http://forum.xboxworld.nl/showpost.php?p=4390460&postcount=412

Discuss!

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Heh, that dog is kinda funny-looking. But maybe that’s just me xD

I liked the part about perks. It really does appear that they’ve taken this feature from Fallout and then improved it some more. I’m excited to see how exactly it will work and what unique abilities they will grant you.

Jeruhmi

Heh, that dog is kinda funny-looking. But maybe that’s just me xD

I liked the part about perks. It really does appear that they’ve taken this feature from Fallout and then improved it some more. I’m excited to see how exactly it will work and what unique abilities they will grant you.
I will as though they have taken a lot of content from Fallout and re-jigged it to their own ways. It's good and bad, as it lacks originality. Fallout was awesome, so it's all good.

Tusck

I do like how the perks are working. I was watching a video last night showing that you get points when you level, to put into which ever perks you want. The perks are trees that are attached to the various skills, like marksman, stealth, etc. So the better your skill level, the more perks available in that skill. So really I don't think it's very much like Fallout 3.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Even if it were, who cares? True originality is incredible rare nowadays anyway so I’ll take some decent, time-tested features over wonky “original” ones any day of the week.

Tusck

Very true. I liked F3, but I really like how the perk system works on Skyrim. It would not have been terrible if they would have reused the same system, but it's awesome that they created something different. I also like how the built it into lore, you have to look to the stars when you level and choose what perks you get. Pretty great way to work the mechanic into the game.

Sheogorath

Cheese for everyone.
I think that it's cool that we can build things from scratch. And the conjured items look amazing!

Cole

Mythik
When I first saw how the new perks went up to the heavens like that. Fits really well with the lore and how you picked your birth-sign in Oblivion.

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
Even if it were, who cares? True originality is incredible rare nowadays anyway so I’ll take some decent, time-tested features over wonky “original” ones any day of the week.

It's incredibly rare, because most of things have been already figured out. I agree with you, there's no need to invent a wheel again. People should try out indie games, if they want to find originality. Steam is full of them.

Flamingtaco

Man, there are going to be soooo many things to try in this game. So much content, so much fun... so few hours in the day....
Luckily you have the next 5 years of so. Although we may be able to expect a new fallout in a few years.

Travis

Well, I know they are on a 3 year cycle... do you think we will get another Elder Scrolls game next, or will they go back to Fallout? Or maybe something else new altogether :)

Flamingtaco

Well, I know they are on a 3 year cycle... do you think we will get another Elder Scrolls game next, or will they go back to Fallout? Or maybe something else new altogether :)
Or maybe a mixture of the two franchises where you discover an interdimensional portal to Nirn in the world of Fallout :O. Seriously though I don't think we're really due for anything new just yet.

Travis

Or maybe a mixture of the two franchises where you discover an interdimensional portal to Nirn in the world of Fallout :O. Seriously though I don't think we're really due for anything new just yet.
Yeah. I bet they go back to Fallout... but honestly, I don't want to wait another 5-6 years for the next Elder Scrolls game.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
Yeah. I bet they go
Yeah. I met they go back to Fallout... but honestly, I don't want to wait another 5-6 years for the next Elder Scrolls game.
Somehow I can see the next installment of TES coming out, maybe half a year after Skyrim's last major DLC. But my guess is that TES 6 would have all the same engine from Skyrim. The gameplay might be more refined and extra new content, kind of like Fallout:NV compared to Fallout3. But then again, Fallout:NV was done by Obsidian so Bethesda might come up with something completely new again.

But 5-6 years sounds perfect. I will play Skyrim for a very long time. I can't imagine anybody just 'finishing' the game in 6 months and never touch it again. We're gonna be constantly entertained with mods, DLC and just the game by itself.

Rafork

i have a question, what if i didnt enjoy oblivion that much with the leveling system and stuff would i actually enjoy skyrim more do you guys think it looks way more fun and everything but i dont know, its to late to cancel pre-order now anway but i just wanted to know, because i am not a hardcore fan and like hex will be able to play for years but since there are randomly generated quests that never stop i dont know :p

Travis

i have a question, what if i didnt enjoy oblivion that much with the leveling system and stuff would i actually enjoy skyrim more do you guys think it looks way more fun and everything but i dont know, its to late to cancel pre-order now anway but i just wanted to know, because i am not a hardcore fan and like hex will be able to play for years but since there are randomly generated quests that never stop i dont know :p
My guess is, if you didn't enjoy Oblivion that much, your chances of really liking skyrim are fairly low. But I can't really comprehend that being possible, so I still think you should try skyrim.

Flamingtaco

Somehow I can see the next installment of TES coming out, maybe half a year after Skyrim's last major DLC. But my guess is that TES 6 would have all the same engine from Skyrim. The gameplay might be more refined and extra new content, kind of like Fallout:NV compared to Fallout3. But then again, Fallout:NV was done by Obsidian so Bethesda might come up with something completely new again.

But 5-6 years sounds perfect. I will play Skyrim for a very long time. I can't imagine anybody just 'finishing' the game in 6 months and never touch it again. We're gonna be constantly entertained with mods, DLC and just the game by itself.
Perhaps they'll work on a new Fallout and let Obsidian do an Elder Scrolls on the Skyrim engine, to reverse the situation. I think that could actually be a possibility judging by the popularity of New Vegas. Just as long as it was like NV was and not actually ES 6, I would be fine with that.

Tusck

IMO you'll enjoy Skyrim because it does not have the same leveling system. Leveling in this game is much more natural, it progresses based on what you do.